PDA

View Full Version : evil spaceship

travis
17-01-2005, 07:34 AM
Hi all.
I've been working on this model for an animation. It should play the role of a villian, so I'm trying for a sort of sinister, predatorial look. Anyway I've run out of ideas and I've got a few problems you may be able to help me with.

travis
17-01-2005, 07:41 AM
As I kind of mentioned there, that black square-ish shape in the vertical fin shouldn't be there, and I don't know why it shows up.

Also, any design ideas would be good, the front end needs some serious help.

I'd like to have those side fins movable, on hydraulic things maybe. How would I go about rigginf that up?

Orkron
17-01-2005, 01:29 PM
Well, my help relies on you using max for your model...If not then sorry, can't help.
However, if you're using 3dsmax, and you are using a multi/sub material for the area you have a problem with: then I suggest you go back to poly-level and make sure that (or those) poly is numbered the same as the others of the "right" color. This happens a lot when you don't realize by selecting one poly, you can inadvertantly deselect the poly behind it.
Hope that's the problem, because if it is, once you change poly ID to the same, it will inherit the material properties too.