PDA

View Full Version : My Bathroom

Lucky-Shirt
26-01-2005, 12:40 PM
Due to a little accident in the bathroom, I have to re-decorate it. It isnīt really that bad, but I do have broken some things (by accident, that is), but I have the time to first model the bathroom in Max.

Here is the start of it. Everything is meausured up in mm and put in Max. Iīm thinking of doing it over in Inventor or Mechanical Desktop. There isnīt much mechanical in a bathroom, but I worked with these programs many years and know them much better, but I want to learn Max better.

http://members.chello.nl/sdoornbos/Pics/badkamer.jpg

I have been playing around with some textures and lighting. 5 spotlights in the ceiling and with raytraced shadows I get the nice shadows of the showerwalls (the checker thing).

Iīm not happy with the tiles. I used a raytraced material, with tiles in the diffuse slot. Used a smokemap in the tiles slot and just color in the grout slot. Also a tiles in the bumpmap with the tiles color black and a gradientramp in the grout slot. I thougt that could give the grouts al little rounding by adjusting the ramp, but I donīt get it to work. Also the reflections do not show. I could use some help here for nice tiles…..

Crits, comments, suggestions, all is welcome!

handyandy2003
26-01-2005, 09:43 PM
The tiles on the left of image need major work, perhaps a different texture for the floor?

Lucky-Shirt
27-01-2005, 12:57 AM
The small dark grey strip of tiles on the left is a corner. But you are right about the tiles. They do need major work, but you donīt want to know the time I already put in this.

Tiles on the walls are all the same material. Tiles on the floor are a different material. Iīm thinking of making a different color row of tiles on the walls, also smaller tiles, but havenīt figured out yet how to do that.

I will first try to make this tiles more realistic then they are now, then I can always try to put more variance in it later......