PDA

View Full Version : Rigging and Morphing help- 3DS MAX 7

flap-jack
04-04-2005, 11:28 PM
Heyyo

I have a model of Sarge from Halo 2 and I'm trying to skin him with biped and use morph modifires so I can make him talk. but the problem is, I got my morph all set up, but when I add the skin modifirer the envelopes are all hinky.

God bless
thanks

Clalan
05-04-2005, 04:26 PM
what happens exactly? maybe you could post a screenshot. everything works fine on your default head, but when you morph, things get messed up? I never had any problems, this is the workflow I use:

- add skin on top of morpher in your stack.
- adjust envelopes
- bake vertices

envelopes are influence areas for each bone, but morphing moves the vertices, inside and maybe even outside of that influence area. that's why you have to bake your vertices.. this way every vertex has a fixed connection with a bone, independent of its place.

hope this helps

-Alan

flap-jack
07-04-2005, 07:55 AM
the prob is, I have my morph setup so I can make him talk, but, when I add my skin modifirer for the biped, the envelopes don't work right. its like it doesn't matter how big I make the envelopes, max still thinks they aren't big enough, and the model gets all squished up and hinky when I try to move the biped in any way.

Clalan
07-04-2005, 12:27 PM
does this happen when you move any bone of your biped? check the weight table for your vertices. is there a possibility you could upload your max file somewhere? then I could take a look.