PDA

View Full Version : reactor tutorials

pontiuspd
22-04-2005, 04:03 AM
hello all
i'm just learning reactor but i can't find any good tutorials in the net
so i would be very happy if you can give me a link to any site with reactor tutorials
thank you a lot :)

pontiuspd
23-04-2005, 04:45 AM
so im really stupid :haha:
i've just found the pdf in the helpfolder
thanks anyway

Freespace-3DT
30-04-2005, 05:57 AM
Still, some tutorials are welcome.. because I'm getting freaky errors using reactor to simulate complex clothing on my characters... :wall:

pontiuspd
01-05-2005, 05:30 AM
well i think reactor isn't god for characters
but clothfx also sucks i get so much errors it is unbeliveable
and the helpfile also sucks

Freespace-3DT
04-05-2005, 01:41 PM
reactor is good because of the Ragdoll... but clothing beyond flags flapping in the wind simply doesn't work out well using reactor... too bad...
Wonder how Blizzard could have done it. They used reactor too, and look what they managed.

sandwraith82
28-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Try to use a skin morph I am seeing this and there are alot of errors in the reactors, maybe combining different types of methods, it could work

Novak
29-05-2005, 03:58 AM
Maybe this will help, not really a tutorial for reactor, but explanations how it work...

http://www.3dkingdom.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=630

Greetz, Novak

eagle4
17-06-2005, 12:33 PM
clothfx is good, but see if you can also get ahold of garment maker for your clothing. it is just awesome, you make the pannels of clothing using splines (pannels as if you were to actually make them out of fabric) then it joins them together at the seams, you do a linky thing with your object, and it will move and sway and bend with your character as he/she/it moves. its some pretty funky stuff, and pretty easy to use

eagle4

ironheaded
04-07-2005, 10:43 AM
Crap.. the 3dkingdom link is currently having problems with webpage parsing errors... just when I need the tutorial the most. :wall: