View Full Version : pvc and rubber shader
13-06-2005, 05:07 PM
Hiya fellow max users
I have made two models in max 7 for my showreel one a midget wrestler and a super hero. for their costumes I want to give their boots and have a rubber effect like a car tyre. For my midegt wrestler i want his mask to be shiny lik pvc but I'm a novice to using shaders in max. If anyone can help me get these effects i'd really appreciate it!
15-06-2005, 01:04 AM
here you can get the rubber mat, as this material has been asked for before
16-06-2005, 03:45 PM
when I open the file its just a microsoft access table shortcut could you post it again?
16-06-2005, 04:52 PM
You have to put the file in the 3ds max folder under your material (mat) directory.
And open it in the material editor(in 3ds max).
choose a free material slot and click on get new material a new window willappear there you click on open en search the file where you have put the rubber.mat.. and then you can use the rubber material.
I`m on my work now.
but when i get home i will show you some images how to do it..
hope this helps.
16-06-2005, 06:26 PM
I'd really appreciate it if you get the opportunity to post images, i'll understand better thanks
16-06-2005, 11:19 PM
Ok, i will post them.... have a little patience..
17-06-2005, 12:40 AM
01. Download The Tire Rubber.zip to your desktop.
02. Extract it.
03. Copy or cut the tire rubber.mat (in the extracted folder.) and paste it in the
matlibs directory found in the 3ds max directory (folder)
04. Open 3ds max, when 3ds max is loaded, open your tire scene if you want.
Ok now it comes...
05. Open the material editor by pressing M. The material editor will appear.
06. Assign a free material slot. PicA_01-A. Then click on get material.PicA_01-B
A new window will appear (Material\Map Browser.) PicB_02-A.
07. Click on MTL Library in browse From. PicB_02-B Then click on open in file
PicC_01-A. A new window will appear with different .mat files
(If you put the tire rubber.mat in the right place ((MATLIBS)) what i told
you in the beginning, then you will see the Tire Rubber.mat. dubbel click
08. And there you are... dubbel click on Rubber Tire (Blend).
09. And it will appear in the free material slot you have assignd in the
beginning. and then you can assign it to your tire in the scene.
Hope this helps... :D
24-06-2005, 04:41 AM
Did this help you nimble?? hope it is...
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.