PDA

View Full Version : Help . . . . You'll think I'm an idiot

Vamp_guy
14-06-2005, 07:45 PM
Sup everyone, I'm a newbie to the site and need some help.I'm working with 3D VIZ, I'm not sure what version, and I need to join some lines together to make one continous path for a marble to follow in a simple animation.

Also, if anyone can lend a hand in it, I need to know how to make rails for the ball to roll on.

Thanks in advance.

PS--I'm kinda ignorant with the terminology for VIZ so please, I beg you . . . . . . . . use simple words :xx:

MaggieQue
15-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Hi, I'm not using 3D Viz, does it similar with 3ds Max?

So u want to connect 2 splines together to form a path? As well making an animation for ball rolling on rail?

Mr. Bluesummers-3DT
15-06-2005, 12:42 AM
Quick Reply
The best place I know of for 3D Studio Viz and architectural tutorials would be at www.cgarchitect.com They have weekly articals about tricks on Max, as well as tutorials on what you're asking about here. Give it a look-see and be sure to show us your work when it's done! =)

BTW, if you've looking to connect two splines together (lines in space), use the "attach" button found in your spline modifier tab rollout (I know it sounds complicated, but that's the button you'll want to look for). Right next to it there should be another that says "connect" that you can use to connect the end of one open-ended spline and another. I hope that helps...I'm a Max user, so I may be talking about things that aren't in VIZ...=\

Good luck,

Vamp_guy
15-06-2005, 05:56 PM
Hi, I'm not using 3D Viz, does it similar with 3ds Max?

So u want to connect 2 splines together to form a path? As well making an animation for ball rolling on rail?

VIZ is more Architechuraly inclined, but it has most of the basic functions as MAX.

Yeah, pretty much.What I'm doing is making an animation for my final project at school and I need something simple cause it has to be finished by start of class at 8 on the 17th.

So, as you can tell, I need help quick.

BTW, if you've looking to connect two splines together (lines in space), use the "attach" button found in your spline modifier tab rollout (I know it sounds complicated, but that's the button you'll want to look for). Right next to it there should be another that says "connect" that you can use to connect the end of one open-ended spline and another. I hope that helps

It did help, but I already knew about that function.I played around with a few things and found out weld is what I needed to use cause with attatch, the ball just went to the end of the spline segment that it started on.Thanks though.

MaggieQue
16-06-2005, 11:50 PM
Try this:

Select ur "ball", then click Animation > Constraints > Path Constraints > Click ur spline path.

Vamp_guy
18-06-2005, 01:43 PM
cool, thanks for the help.When I get it finished, I'll post it on here