PDA

View Full Version : HK MP5 Sub Machine Gun, noob need advice!

Booker
22-06-2005, 04:12 AM
I need some advice and guide how to keep doing this modeling.

I have the silute but now the hard work start and honeslty i don`t know how to do it or what is the best way to do it.

Basically i need to start adding detail to the Mp5.... so... how do i do that?
I`m not sure if i should model the same box i have or start adding new created figures, etc... need advice.

here is the screen of what i did so far.

Glottis
22-06-2005, 04:31 AM
first: good job so far, at least of what I can see, you should change the background of the render to something other than black( since youīre rendering a black model).. if you donīt know how, then you go to Rendering -> Environment and change the background colour (in the top left corner of the pop-up)... that is to say, if youīre using MAX

Second: Dunno... maybe itīs best to use seperate object and attach them.. but itīs kinda tricky.. I spent over 5 hours trying to fix major problems after I attached an ear on my Belrog

Booker
22-06-2005, 05:20 AM
thanks i started on my free time when i was at work but now i want to keep modeling until i finish.

yeah the background color need to be gone...was my mistake, sorry. I`m going to change that.

I was thinking about doing separate objects it seems for some things it will be easier but on the other hand there are other that it won`t beside i want to know how "it suppouse to be doing".
I read the less object you creat the better, to get the same model of course. is true?

I`m really concern about the middle detail of the mp5, since from this view is hard to see what those details are for. I`m talking around the trigger... (specially Up).

JMitchell
22-06-2005, 06:57 AM
What would you do if it were made of clay and in your hands?
Some things you would make seperated and attach them, other things are easier if you just alter the piece that's already there.
Also, chamfer your edges. I know you're really early in your model, but there are maybe one or two sharp edges on the real gun.

Booker
22-06-2005, 08:33 AM
Jmitchell,
thanks for the feedback, yeah i realize that, the whole gun is mostly chamfer... i guess this is the first thing i`m going to do since i just don`t know how to do the middle detial on the gun... Maybe i`ll start with the easy part and leave the hardest for later...

jayjayk89
22-06-2005, 09:03 AM
I've never modeled a gun before...well, never modelled anything really, but to me, i think it would be easier to model the barrel with a cylinder, and then build around that sort of..because a lot of it is cylinders and then, like the butt of the gun, make out of a square...thats how i would apporach it...

Booker
22-06-2005, 09:14 AM
What would you do if it were made of clay and in your hands?
Some things you would make seperated and attach them, other things are easier if you just alter the piece that's already there.
Also, chamfer your edges. I know you're really early in your model, but there are maybe one or two sharp edges on the real gun.

Jmitchell,
I was applying this chamfer and then i realize the gun are a lot more "rounded" than the chamfer let me...
I was thinking of adding smoothmesh, specially on the Back of the gun, but i don`t know how to apply it for X numbers of "poly" or Edges, is this posible or smoothsmesh apply on the whole mesh?

thanks