PDA

View Full Version : my island

surboo
10-08-2005, 09:04 PM
Hey how do u guys think i did on this pic?
-made it in bryce and photoshop

Centurion
10-08-2005, 09:50 PM
personaly i won`t use such sky . The island looks more like a piece of rock , u should , in my oppinion , put a coast . and make the water more blue-green :)

Mr. Bluesummers-3DT
10-08-2005, 10:11 PM
Critique
Surboo; welcome to the forums. I hope you find them as useful as any of us have in the time we've been here. I'll admit, Iíve done my share of landscape objects dropped to ground, with a water plane over them, but I hope this is practice for bigger and better things for you.

Regarding this image, specifically, though it is simple, it lacks the elegance that would make it unique and skillful. It is a quintessential novice work- but donít let that fact get you down :)! Everyone has to start somewhere, and the fact youíve gone from zero to rendering a full piece says something about getting acquainted with the interface. Like every painter has to, at some point in his or her learning, paint a bowl of fruit, in the same way does every 3d artist have to render a mountain in water at sunset sooner or later.

Youíve done a good job with the sky on the right, and the lens flair is well placed. Be careful though, the white point is blasted out on the left making the entire sky bleached white/pink which detracts from the details. The colors work well together, despite the fact that the terrain does not have a texture applied to it.

You would do well to read the tutorials on www.3dtotal.com and www.3dlinks.com. Even beginner tutorials that are not about Bryce, contain concepts that will really help you along (such as composition, lighting, and texturing). Also, www.rochr.com has information about getting more out of Bryce5 than could ever be expected. A user from Renderosity called ďHobbitĒ has done some spectacular work with Bryce and Photoshop as well, and you can learn more at his web site, http://www.ans-graphics.com/. By the way, Iím telling you all this because these are the places I learned most of what I know about Bryce.

Be sure to work hard on your next image, as we all look forward to uploaded works that show careful work. A good amount of time to spend on a project should be spent to be sure to give your work enough time to reach itís full potential before calling it finished. :)

Good luck, and I hope to see more in the future!

surboo
11-08-2005, 12:35 AM
wow thanks ill look at those tutorials