PDA

View Full Version : RTS title unit - Orc Fighter

FalconDesign
24-03-2003, 06:41 PM
http://www.hot.ee/falcondesign/orcish.jpg

Its for Reverie Entertainment project "Dawn of Fantasy"

304 polygons
256x256 texture

Though it is not legal for me to release the texture itself as on this pic, it doesnt matter much...

Dark Bob
24-03-2003, 07:37 PM
Everything looks good except the shield texture. It looks like a street punk tagged it with a can of spray paint. Maybe more of a dented beat up look would be fitting. But then really it depends on how close the camera gets to the model.

FalconDesign
24-03-2003, 07:51 PM
Cam is usually like on top right.

But yeah I "might" do something about the shield.

But also might not, I kinda like it.

Zytrex
24-03-2003, 08:06 PM
I think some of the colors should be brighter, like maybe the skin or the armor. I know that on a battlefield, bright colors would likely be scarce, but this is for a game that I'm sure you would want to be pleasing to the eye, so some nicer colors would be good.

FalconDesign
24-03-2003, 08:45 PM
Heres just this one thing, we at Reverie are planning to be entirely different from cartoonish WC3 and colorful AoM. We plan to go tad more realistic way.

And I doubt you saw very colorful stuff from orcs in LOTR movies for example ;)

Anyways yeah...

Thorgrim
25-03-2003, 01:05 AM
The orc is very cool... but I realy agree with Dark Bob, the shield realy needs re-doing, it looks very strange...
I think its mainly the fact that it has such a sharp angle where it bends round the orcs arm, I think if you made it flatter and re-did the texture the model would look a lot better.

NgInE
25-03-2003, 08:21 AM
low-poly indead :D

your model looks good, and the texturing is good (yeah, the shield paint should be more paint like), so i'd say it's pretty perfect.

rob_beddall
25-03-2003, 02:22 PM
hey!!
there seems to be a lot of spare space on that texture sheet.
wouldn't it be better to add more detail to the textures using this free space.
nice work tho
cheers!!

Goj
30-03-2003, 02:05 AM
Nice, but what ever happened to "Elements?" Or is "Dawn of Fantasy" its new name.

Vitor
30-03-2003, 10:54 AM
Looks pretty good for such low polycount... :D
Now the critics:
1) As ROB_BEDUK said, there is a lot of spare space in the texture, you should use it to give more difenition in the texture.
As it is a very small texture (256x256) you should use all the space...
2) The shield texture...

But, great work :D I like it a lot...

FalconDesign
16-04-2003, 04:38 AM
That is for Dawn of Fantasy.

Reverie is doing fine ;) At this very moment we are having some engine probs, but those should be fixed pretty soon.