PDA

View Full Version : Maya Cluster Help needed!

DigitalG8
26-03-2003, 07:58 PM
HI everyone, its been a while since i posted, cause i have been real busy.

Question:

While creating eyes for a Frog I am creating for a client, I created a sphere for the eye, and I created an eyelid. I applied 2 clusters to the Eyelid so I can make it blink, and make it lok angry with the other... My question is:

What do I need to do to the: Eyeball, Eyelid, and 2 clusters; so I can move them all together.

I tried parenting the clusters to the eyelid, and the eyelid and the 2 clusters to the Eyeball. But when i move the whole set the deformers are not getting moved with them, the Eyelid gets all deformed.

How do I set up the Eyeball and clusters so that I can move them around in a scene with the characters head so the eyelids opereate the way they are supposed too. I need them to move with the head of the char without getting distorted.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

DigitalG8
26-03-2003, 10:06 PM
I added Lattice cages to the eyes which enables me to move teh lattice cage and the eyes go with it... Is that the correct way to do this?

Also another question..

I am creating bones in Maya for my character and the bones are ver stretched and thin. How do i get the bones to be thicker so I can see them better. Is it a matter that my model is too large?

RaeTracer
28-03-2003, 03:48 PM
Hi,

To make the bones thicker, go to Display > Joint Size and increase the number. I don't use clusters much, so I can't help you with the other part. Good luck!

DigitalG8
28-03-2003, 06:16 PM
RaeTracer

Thanks for the Joint sizing tip!!! It really helped!

So far I am finding it diffiult to find help on maya.

I found in a book that I need to position the clusters last int eh construction history amongst all the clusters, and only then will they travel with the body of the character.

I did what it said to do, and it hasnt worked correctly.

I am still looking for an answer to this problem.

gabbagabbahey
28-03-2003, 11:29 PM
check out the learning maya tutorials book, salty the seal lesson [last one, the last 3 or 4 chapters]. it's actually the best written lesson in the book. even if you can only get the learning maya 3 book. set key sounds like what you're looking for, i think. the clusters moved along with the rest of the head motions there. hope this is helpful. have a lovely weekend.