View Full Version : distance
how can i set points or 2 objects and see the distance between them???
22-06-2007, 03:56 PM
if you use 3ds max you can use maxscript (dont know if there are other options):
a = [x1,y1,z1]
b = [x2,y2,z2]
distance a b
just enter the coords for x1,y1 etc
if youre not used to max or maxscript:
1. take the move tool and select the vert of your first point and get the coords (if necessary convert your object)
2. get the coords from your second vert
3. open maxscript listener
4. enter the code shown above with your values
5. select all code and hit enter. thats it.
6. next time you ask for help state more info (e.g software your are using) ;)
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.