View Full Version : Project Aerial
I've been posting progress on my new project in a thread I called A Dick's Office (http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4607) in the WIP Section, but where it is a low poly project it actully seems more fitting to update here than in the WIP Section, mainly because the majority of models found in it are Game models or models that could easily be changed to game models.
I though that I might generate a bit more interset here as well. The project is a self styled portfolio, built as a VRML coded website with a bit of a story to make it a little more interesting. So far I've been developing the Office for the opening scene in the story. The police dectecive's office. C&C is welcomed. You can also check out progess for the link in my sig.
31-03-2003, 12:43 PM
Looks nice but I see some shading problems on the walls. Since walls are flat just flatshade them. No smoothing at all, that will get rid of those nasty dark triangles. Otherwise its starting to take shape niceley :D
31-03-2003, 08:23 PM
uh....on one of the views you go inside the filing cabinet...and u
see....the backfaces (big scream)!!!!!
01-04-2003, 08:20 AM
could you post some more detailed shot, becuase the only thin I can see clearly how its made is the trashcan, which looks very good btw ;) Oh are those flats in the background are they a textured plane or real geometries?
Humming-Bird - if you have a VRML View plug-in for your browser you should go and look at the site, if not they don't take long to download.
If you go to my site you can look at the details of the room more closely. The Buildings in the background are actual primitive geomities (that will be textured latter.) Although it may seem a bit wasteful with polies to make the background elements as geomities instead of textures on a dome, or as flat plains, I think it adds more to the scene since as you move through the room the sceen out the window change in a natural looking way.
Okay here is a quick update, I started on the dictective instead of working on the room, but that doesn't any differance I don't think.
So far it's only 497 faces. I figure that it should be around 650 when finished.
Here is a quick update on the dictective. His hands ended up needing more detail than I origianlly thought. So not the model is up to 960 faces. But still as long as I keep it under 1500 I should be okay.
Okay I've added a couple of new things to the model (I can't really show them here, but go check em out if you're interested in seeing them.) I've added a small wash room to the office and got the rain on the windows working (Hurray! that took some time to figure out how to get it working right, and it was so easy I'm kicking my self for not thinking of it first.) I also put the headless untextured body of the dictective in the room just to check size and scale. If you want to check it out just click on the link in my sig.
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.