View Full Version : Pleeeaaaassseee help me
05-04-2003, 06:05 AM
I can't bring an image from photoshop to Max's backround viewport. I know this has got to be simple, but I have been trying for hours and I can't do it.
Just please help:???:
05-04-2003, 06:08 AM
What format are you saving the image in photoshop as?
You should be able to just hit alt+B or Views>Viewport Background and then select it from wherever you saved it
05-04-2003, 07:00 AM
yeah .psd files may not work out for max. save off from pshop as a jpg or tga and try that. it should work out for ya.
05-04-2003, 12:55 PM
dont .psd files work in max 5???
Anyways, make sure it is saved as a jpg or something
If you are using these images as a reference i would suggest applying the pics to a few planes. This way the pic will not stay sationary as you pan/zoom/rotate. This makes it easy to model with a refence directly behind the model. Just be sure to click the "show material in viewport" box in the materials window for that material.
05-04-2003, 03:42 PM
psd files do work in max 5, but i was thinking that he might not be using max 5.
05-04-2003, 05:27 PM
1) Save image as .jpg
2) Load Max
3) Open Material editor
4) Open ASSET Browser
5) In asset browser locate images, and drag them to differnt material slots.
6) Make two planes (or how ever many planes for the amount of images)
7) Right click on the image in the ASSEST BROWSER and click Properties, remember the width and length and make you plane reflect those values
8) Drag you images from the material Editor tothe planes
9) Right click on the viewport and click SMOOTH-HIGHLIGHTS
10) still in the right clickish mode, click EDGE FACES, so you can see the wire and stuff...
11) Still not showing up..in the material editor click the Checkered (blue and white) cube.
12) It should be there now...
07-04-2003, 07:43 AM
max does accept .psd files - it won't accept layered files (so if u have more than one layer in photoshop - it won't accept it.)
just my 2 cents.
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.