PDA

View Full Version : Lost in Organic Modelling..

greedy3d
11-12-2007, 04:34 PM
hey guys.. am really confused about which software to use for organic modelling.. does it really matters what software u use.? wats the curretn trend in the industry.. what r they using for organic modelling.. I hav tried both MAX and MAYA nd i found MAX much comfortable to work on rather thn MAYA. PLZ guys help me out.. thanx

NeXt 0ne
11-12-2007, 04:57 PM
It doesnt really matter which program are u using, but if u feel that 3ds max is best for you, then you should stick with it.

Pirateguybrush
11-12-2007, 05:44 PM
What I've found, is that Max is more commonly used for games, and Maya for film. That's not to say people don't use Max for film or Maya for games, it just seems that's more common.

I'm not a pro though.

DiogoM
12-12-2007, 02:41 PM
i recommend using zbrush ou mudbox...their focus is organic modelling, and use another program like maya or 3ds max to the final renders and to make de base model... sorry about my poor english =]

Pirateguybrush
12-12-2007, 03:41 PM
I'd imagine it's best to learn on 3dsmax or maya first, build up your skills there, and get a very good understanding of the fundamentals. I think if you jump straight into ZBrush and Mudbox you'll have a lot more fun, but ultimately come off with poorer technical ability, which is especially important when it comes to texturing and animating.

By all means give them a try though, they are a whole lot of fun to work with. Just don't spend all your modelling time with them at first.

Old_Nick
15-12-2007, 06:59 PM
I think the question here should be: which modeling method is recommended for organic models ? the application is not important.

nightwoodwolf
20-12-2007, 03:02 PM
the application is not important for sure ... once you have a sold understanding of anatomy ( you are talking about organic modelling ) then it shouldnt be a problem what software you use, i use both Maya and Max and they are not gonna build the right body gesture or the right muscle shape or size or edge flow for you if you dont know how to do it .. i ended up in anatomy forums, drawing, and for sure sculpting to have a better understanding of organic modeling.

wish you the best n' good luck

alaya
24-12-2007, 04:52 PM
What really matter is the user not the software. and as the guys said "what is the modeling method u should use?" , i heard about the MAYA alot but in last i still working with my favoriate program 3dsmax.
better than u just say this, try to practice to many methods of modelling till u find the best for u
thank you
don't be confused :drool: