PDA

View Full Version : Summer Fest - Underwater Ruins/Lost City - NOCTURN8

Nocturn8
03-08-2008, 03:32 PM
I'm in... Here's my Wip. Still at a very early stage...

Color Corrected the base plate using the curves and brightness contrast, each on their own different adjustment layers for further adjustments later.

added another layer for light painting and volume. (still at a very early stage)

also added some fish to help with the visualization of elements for adding.

Hope you like where it's at so far. Still a lot of color corrections to do and a lot of elements to add. Crits and comments are very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

eyecon
04-08-2008, 09:39 AM
going pretty well!

I like it in fact! mmmmmmm now this actually makes me feel a bit compelled to post my own wip hehehehhe... I'll post one in a while.....

Nocturn8
04-08-2008, 10:12 AM
eyecon: thanks dude. I can't wait to see your wips. it will surely be fantastic.

Here's another Wip, Started adding a few caustics and a few more light details... also added a whale in the BG for a more underwater feeling. Hope you guys like it.

mrpeculiar
05-08-2008, 02:42 AM
Im liking the look and process of this one man ....nice

younglion
05-08-2008, 03:05 AM
wow thats very nice man

Nocturn8
05-08-2008, 05:31 AM
mrpeculiar: thank you very much dude...We hope to see your underwater scene... It will surely be another masterpiece from you.

younglion: Thanks for the nice comment dude!

Been a little busy... but i do hope to post another Wip later... I'll be working on the city!

See ya!

eyecon
05-08-2008, 06:00 AM
Nice update... I have doubts about the caustics though, at that depth, there might not be enough light to create that kind of effect, you can put that on the whale but not the ground... that might just destroy the scale of you image... but I have to admit it really makes the image look awesome.... so its your call man. :D

Nocturn8
05-08-2008, 06:11 AM
eyecon: thanks for the heads up dude. let's see what i can do with it. thanks again.

chrisskinner
06-08-2008, 01:29 PM
The lighting you've got going on on yor rocks there looks great.

Nocturn8
06-08-2008, 01:31 PM
chrisskinner: thanks dude... I do hope to find time later to continue on this one. Slightly busy these days.

jakeydoo
11-10-2009, 08:00 PM
Thats some really nice work, love how you have taken the picture from land to water