PDA

View Full Version : Swihartc - Medieval Set Extension

swihartc
05-02-2009, 03:57 AM
Hello everyone, I usually troll the boards instead of posting but I could definately use some practice at painting. Here is what I've got so far. I cleaned up all the modern jazz and took out a tree, on second thought now, I'll probably take out all the trees on the right too. Nonetheless, I have started and stopped in to say Hey!

CS

Suirebit-3DT
05-02-2009, 03:25 PM
looking forward to see progress, don't forget you can also extend it :)

swihartc
12-02-2009, 07:22 AM
Hey all, I finally got some free time to work on this. Here is a concept that im thinking of. Its pretty rough, but you get the idea. I need something on the bottom left I think. Not sure yet what the terrain of this is going to be. It could be black stone and lava, ice and blue water, or just barren. The choices are so infinite its hard to ever focus on one! ;)
The mesh came from max. Painted on it in psd. Its a hidden temple similiar to Petra, Jordan. The path is treacherous and the land arch is fragile, yet crusaders continue to pilgrimage here.

CS

jfmgraphics
13-02-2009, 07:52 AM
Interesting concept, but the gate might be too far away. Maybe move your viewpoint to the right of the bridge, so you get both the bridge and the gate in the scene, and you keep the gate close enough to be recognizable.

swihartc
13-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Hey Jfm, ya, more than likely I'll probably crop in to show the gate closer and the land bridge more. That will also eliminate my "what the hell do I put over on the left" situation. :) Hopefully I get some time this weekend to work on finalizing camera view and start on high end texturing.

CS