PDA

View Full Version : White problem

Nixaster_3D
10-07-2009, 01:55 PM
Hell everyone. Im currently working on a project that involves very high resolution pictures 4500px....

My problem is this the modell that im working with is mostly white box and the enviroment has to be white, but there has to be reflection on the box, and i can't get good ones, so if anyone has any good material / lightning tips for me i will be very very happy.

The limitations is that i have to use scanline render and basic materials, and in the diffuse slot there is bitmap.

Nixaster_3D
10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
to specify my needs : i just need little reflections, maybe even something like "plastic" look but at the same time, the whiteness of the texture cant be compromised very much. For me this is difficult task, because i have used vray for so long that doing this kind of stuff with scanline and basic materials is impossible.

Tjakalen
13-07-2009, 06:02 PM
To have a range of reflection you need to have a range of brightness that is greater than white.

You can have alot of dynamic light and even color and still have the scene experienced as white. It's not so much about the values on the image/paper as it is a question of psychovisuals.

http://www.iconocast.com/B000000000000027/V8/News1_9.jpg

take a look at the background of that image from mirror's edge for example. It's very white but GI and focus of the sharp blueish area make one experiance alot of Z-depth.

If you need ideas google for images from that game, it was a very 'white' game after all, and not like in a german way either, even if I now realize that too was somewhat suggested given the games story.. lol