View Full Version : Help me plsss
26-02-2011, 02:38 AM
How i can rig a tail using bone in 3ds max ......
26-02-2011, 09:23 AM
alright.. well.. lets see a urr screen grab of the model so far in its current state and we will walk you through it..
26-02-2011, 09:28 AM
i believe you should use spline ik for a tail..
as i know there are two ways of creating spline ik.. one way is to create bones with ik aplied automatically but it's quite hard to manage so i'd reccomend to arrange your bones 1st and then apply your spline ik later..
and for that you only need your bones (with an end bone) and a line along your bones..
step by step (demonstrated on the picture below):
1. place your bones where you need them
2. create a line along your bones (for a tail i think a smooth line is the best solution)
3. if you're finished managing the bones and the line select the 1st bone (the one is the parent of the bones hierarchy) go to Animation menu -> IK Solvers -> and pick SplineIK Solvers
4. a straight white line will appear witch means you have to pick the end bone.. pick it :)
5. then you have to pick your line that you have created along your bones and the spline ik is finished
Note: that the sline ik will create you dummies along your line and it's not random.. it creates dummies onto the line's vertexes (you can check it out on my picture here). it's pretty simple but important since you can animate your tail with moving the dummies so make sure you put the line's vertexes exactly where you'd like to have control points for animation :)
i hope it helped you, if you have any questions, feel free to ask ;)
try to experiment with it!
26-02-2011, 09:39 AM
i think he meaning something different.. as in... he has a character.. that has a tail...
and so what he is probably questioning,, is how to make the tail mesh up with the rest of the rig that he already has...
which is done with dummies and linkin...
26-02-2011, 09:40 AM
we'll see ;)
26-02-2011, 12:59 PM
I really thought the title of the topic was "Help me ****"
16-12-2011, 08:52 AM
Sorry Friends .... Thank u For ur helpss .. But to be true i did what i wanted .. anyway thank u very much for ur helpssss :)
17-12-2011, 04:31 PM
Spline ik on horizontal chains is a frigging nightmare in max due to various issues with the way it handles upnode vectors- i generally use fk to drive them nowadays cos you get less **** from animators that way
vBulletin® v3.7.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.