3DTotal Forums

3DTotal Forums (http://forums.3dtotal.com/index.php)
-   Speed Modelling Challenge (http://forums.3dtotal.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   The SMC's - #72 - "We Have All The Time In The World" (http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=69242)

ClassicGamer-3DT 20-08-2009 04:00 PM

The SMC's - #72 - "We Have All The Time In The World"

The Challenge Rules

1). Each challenge we'll post a subject for you to model along with a time limit on how long you should spend on it. Spend no longer than the allocated time then post a render of your model. No cheating, we are relying on your honesty here and the idea of speed modeling is to simulate a "real world" environment. If you are working on a project and asked to show a concept model you'll need to be able to get somewhere near the target in the allocated time. Your submission should be a model created especially for this challenge and not one you have stored on your hard drive. How you interpret the brief is up to you as long as the final model conforms to what we have asked for. Any images of models that do not match the brief can be removed and the poster disqualified.

2). You may enter as many times as you like as long as each model is completely new and uses no components from other entries. Entries using models which are not original will be removed and the poster disqualified.

3). Your entry may contain as many views of your model as you like and must include a clear and easy to see wireframe of the mesh before any smoothing/subdivision has been applied. Wire renders/ Cell Shaded or Screengrab wireframes are acceptable. Any wireframes we cannot see correctly will be disqualified.

4). You must include the following details with each submission: software used and time spent creating the model. Any further information is voluntary but posts not containing the required information can be removed and the poster disqualified.

5). Post two images per entry which must be no larger than 1280x1024 pixels in either landscape or portrait format with a file size of no more than 195k.
1 image for your wireframes and 1 for your clay combined with a optional beauty render.
These images must be uploaded to our servers using the "browse" button on the forum reply page.
Do not link to external images files. Images larger than the maximum size or posts containing links to external images (other than for reference materials)
will be removed and the poster disqualified.

6). The creation of displacement maps, normal maps and any splines drawn out in an external program other than your modeling software are to be included in your modeling time.

7). Time spent on rendering or texturing or building a scene in which to display your model is not included in the allocated period to allow those with slower machines to participate on an even playing field. What we are looking for is the quality of the models you can produce "under pressure". If your model is not complete, you can still post as long as it's recognizable.

8). Posting the same entry twice in a challenge is considered to be double posting and will result in a disqualification. When asked to fix a previous post due to DQ or any other reason, you must fix the first post, or delete it altogether and create a new one.

9). The Winner must email jo@3dtotal.com to claim their prize.

10). Only 1st place can claim a prize.

These rules apply to everybody taking part there will be NO exceptions!

Subject: Time Travelling Machines.
Deadline - 22.00 G.M.T. Wednesday 2nd September 2009.
Deadline Counter:http://www.countdown2zero.com/mscd.php?code=f4db8
Description: Time Travelling Machines, from the DeLorean in the Back To The Future to the Tardis in Dr Who, we want you to create a device/machine that would enable you to time travel. This could be a special watch, car, house or even a Toaster like the special Simpsons travel toaster once aired. The Choice is yours :) You've got just under 2 weeks to compete in this SMC so there shouldn't be any excuse for not entering :)
Modelling Time: 120 Mins.

Have Fun and Good Luck!

Starter:

No starter from me yet i'm afraid :(

zmuh11 20-08-2009 04:16 PM

This one should be fun, and I'll make sure to remember the time difference from here to the UK this time :)

Rachel vd M 20-08-2009 07:35 PM

awesome subject!

i wonder how many DeLorean DMC-12's we will see ;)
i might have a go at the device from "The Time Machine"

Edwiersma 20-08-2009 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel vd M (Post 733535)
awesome subject!

ah the thing from the "The Time Machine" was the first thing I thought off...

Rachel vd M 20-08-2009 08:03 PM

lol, not very strange as the subject is a "time machine"

so, jade are you gonna do the 1960 version? or the 2002 version?
i think ill make the 2002 version

Shoeballs 20-08-2009 08:25 PM

Time travel and strange space topics are my best friends area of expertise, so naturally I quizzed him on the matter.. His suggestions included..

'a box, weighing scales, sleeping bag'

Then he got specific..

'a tissue box and each time you take a tissue it activates the time machine'

I love this idea so much that I think I might hold it off as a personal project :P

Daye 20-08-2009 11:50 PM

heh

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel vd M (Post 733535)
awesome subject!

I would think with only two hours to model it, a Delorean with all the time travel trimmings on it would be tough to pull off.

ClassicGamer-3DT 21-08-2009 06:36 AM

I think the basic car bodywork would be dooable without the wheels, but yeah all the gubbings at the back would take time!

CG.

Zilder 21-08-2009 08:09 AM

Funny topic, would the MIB denourolizer qualify as a time travel device? It does roll peoples minds back in time :)

ClassicGamer-3DT 21-08-2009 08:37 AM

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm not sure lol

Psycho Mantis 21-08-2009 08:40 AM

haha the phone booth was exactly what i had in mind, and i have already some tabs open with it .- and now you posted it here, cg.. funny coincidence

ClassicGamer-3DT 21-08-2009 08:44 AM

:) Good luck finding some good reference pictures, i'm lucky enough to have both films on DVD but on the net there's hardly any good references especially for the top mechanics on the top of the booth. And you'll also notice there's alot of differences between the top of the booth saying "PHONE" in black with a white backlight or "TELEPHONE" with red backlight. I prefer the future version of the booth in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey the neon lighting and cylinder for the time travel bits and peices look better IMO.

If you need any screenshots I can always whip out my DVD and screengrab some for you. :)

Kind Regards

CG.

Psycho Mantis 21-08-2009 08:59 AM

thanks for the offer, i didnīt memmorized th ellok, i just remembered it was a phone booht - i think i saw those movies more than 10 years ago. it hink i will watch them again, to fresen up my memories. i remember "the death" was hilarious.

ClassicGamer-3DT 21-08-2009 09:06 AM

No worries, they are some of my favourite films of all time that and funnily enough the Back to the future trilogy too. "A full on Robot Chubby"........."Be Excellent To Each Other...... And...............Party On Dudes"!!!!! :)

CG.

JAPO 21-08-2009 10:16 AM

I need to ask this: The brief says "device" and "machine." I wonder if places that take you to different time count as "time machines." I mean stuff like the pool from Twin Peaks, cupboard from Narina, or the vortex that sucked in the Nimitz carrier in that B movie as they tried to stop Pearl Harbor with F-14s etc. Not machines on their own, rather anomalies to be precise...

Another time machines you may consider for making:
Baldricks time machine from "Black Adder Back and Forth," Scrats time machine from "No Time for Nuts," time machine from Michale Crichtons "Timeline", the time warp watch from "Returner"...

Varsh 21-08-2009 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JAPO (Post 733626)
Baldricks time machine from "Black Adder Back and Forth"

You had to mention that didn't you. ;;

I'll still be modelling that anyway. :evil:

Rachel vd M 21-08-2009 11:18 AM

i was also thinking of the terminator's time machine, though you dont see the actual machine that makes the orb, exept maybe in the connor chronnicles, but that's just a time machine disguised as a big vault

ClassicGamer-3DT 21-08-2009 11:50 AM

All of those suggestions are cool :) and allowed!

CG.

JAPO 21-08-2009 12:07 PM

[quote=Varsh;733644]You had to mention that didn't you. ;;
QUOTE]

Lol I am not going to model it. I dont intend to model any of those I mentioned. I have in mind one machine and one... anomaly. If anomalies are allowed... then I am one happy Japo :D

Tank[NL] 21-08-2009 12:19 PM

i might enter this. just to do something else besides the low poly comp. im thinking of a massive machine to create an Einstein-Rosen Bridge. you now, big machine, big power, big wormhole. should be fun.

i'm assuming sketching stuff/designs out isnt included in the timelimit, right?

H2O-3DT 21-08-2009 12:57 PM

Tank[NL]
Thats correct.

Tank[NL] 21-08-2009 12:59 PM

righto, cheers mate.

Neil_F01 22-08-2009 12:44 AM

well there was that hand held device that red dwarf had, with the episode that lister went back in time to get a curry and then screwed up mans history as they threw lee harvey oswald out the window.. and had to in the end get the president to kill himself and be the second gun man on the grassy knowl.. love that episode..

or the borg ship from first contact the film.. as that created a tempral rift or something like that... and went back in time..

Varsh 22-08-2009 01:53 AM

I think Red Dwarf also had an episode with the Inquisitor where whenever someone was erased, the present time had changed, but I don't think that glove would count. ^^;

Neil_F01 22-08-2009 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Varsh (Post 733742)
I think Red Dwarf also had an episode with the Inquisitor where whenever someone was erased, the present time had changed, but I don't think that glove would count. ^^;

why not.. it was a time travelling device.. it just had extra perks to it, like being able to erase people.. lol

meowmeow 22-08-2009 11:00 AM

good luck everyone in this comp. i cant think of anything or anything i would wanna make so in the wise words of dragons den. " I'm Out"

DaddyDoom 22-08-2009 06:27 PM

All talk and no entries.
I say WORK gothdamnit. You're all a bunch of babbling old hags.

:D

SnappedStrings 23-08-2009 05:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, okay, I guess I'll go first.

This is the time machine from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey/Excellent Adventure

I did my best to get it as close as possible, references were hard to come by

I could've modelled this in less time, but I ran into issues and made a few mistakes. Ahh well, live and learn. I'll upload a beauty render if I get the time.

ClassicGamer-3DT 23-08-2009 06:31 AM

Very nicely done, good clean mesh and an accurate representation of the booth in the films. :)

CG.

SnappedStrings 23-08-2009 12:35 PM

Hey, thanks a lot for that compliment, Classic Gamer!
That really means a lot :)

SnappedStrings 23-08-2009 12:37 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Okay, guess I'll go second, too :-P

Here's the coolest time machine ever: The Epoch from Chrono Trigger!

I didn't think I'd be able to get this one done in time, but I think it came out pretty damn good considering.

There were alot more adjustments I wanted to make, but I just ran out of time.

At any rate, special care was given to authenticity. Enjoy!

EpiPlayer 23-08-2009 02:05 PM

Time Machine!

2 Attachment(s)
Well, here is what i would imagine a time machine would look like... it's my own design, and i hope that it is legit... anyway...

3d studio max/VRay, 1 hour, 48 minutes. the entire scene is part of the time machine. hope it is all within the rules...

SnappedStrings, great job on the Epoch!

Liamo0o 24-08-2009 01:30 AM

Needs no explanation (joke entry)

http://imgur.com/xPYXW.jpg

real entry to come soon...

Rachel vd M 24-08-2009 03:18 AM

lol liamo,
technically it could be a time machine, as when you use it (a lot) you pass out, and when you wake up, you are in "the future" ;)

anyways,
i changed subjects for now atleast,
now im working on the timemachine from the DragonballZ series
modelling has finished and i spend about 45 mins on the external bits and the rest of the time making the cockpit with all the screens and buttons

so expect a entry from me soon

i think ill model "the timemachine" from the movie after this one

Shinamori 24-08-2009 11:25 AM

Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

Mischi 24-08-2009 11:56 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So, that's my entry for this contest. I just couldn't resist making this thing. But I don't know if this is a legit entry, because this is just called "Time Machine". After all "it's a piece of crap... it doesn't work" :D

If you don't know what I mean, have a look: Uncle Rico's Time Machine

Rachel vd M 24-08-2009 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinamori (Post 734047)
Hyperbolic Time Chamber?

nope, though that does also manipulate time, but more like streching/compressing time instead of time travel

im making the capsulecorp timemachine that trunks uses to warn goku of the androids

also after digging around for reference i found actually 2 different variants
one at the introduction of trunks, and the second when it gets stolen from trunks by cell
i made version 1 cause i already finished the pod about halfway before discovering this
its mainly in the coloring, the placement of the legs and the bulge at the bottom

Rotterdam 24-08-2009 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's mine:

Mischi 24-08-2009 05:07 PM

Hey guys,

I don't want to get all preachy and stuff but I'm afraid all your entrys are currently breaking the rules. Your pieces all look great and it would be a shame if you would get disqualified.

So, you need to post two pictures. One image only for the wireframe and one image for the clay render. If you want to add a beauty shot it must be integrated in the image for the clay render (for an example have a look at my first image).

If I'm in the wrong here just don't mind my nagging but I guess you have to edit your entrys to be under the rules. Would be nice to get some clarification from ClassicGamer 3DT.

Rachel vd M 24-08-2009 06:33 PM

2 Attachment(s)
okay, here's my entry!

i made the time machine from DragonBall Z anime
the character Trunks uses it to go back in time and warn Goku of a great danger.

luckily most of the external parts could be copied 4 to 8 times
the chair is just some boxes with bend modifier, exept the sides those are boxmodeled.

the main hull is done using some poly extrusions and edge modeling
and the turbines are modified cylinders

the console was a nice hard surface modeling exercise i started out the console from a flipped set of polys of the inside of the hull, so it would fit nice and snug.
also the entire console (without buttons screens and gizmos) is made out of one mesh

i hope you all like my entry

p.s. excuse me for "al" the time in the world i might fix it later this week

DaddyDoom 24-08-2009 06:50 PM

Rachel... You got WIN!

Robbert543 24-08-2009 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mischi (Post 734054)
So, that's my entry for this contest. I just couldn't resist making this thing. But I don't know if this is a legit entry, because this is just called "Time Machine". After all "it's a piece of crap... it doesn't work" :D

If you don't know what I mean, have a look: Uncle Rico's Time Machine

Dude!

I wanted to make that one!
Excellent!

Rachel vd M 24-08-2009 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyDoom (Post 734118)
Rachel... You got WIN!

lol thx
it was fun to make

meowmeow 24-08-2009 08:43 PM

wow Rachel that looks ace. it looks like a little toy in your renders would be great in a kinder surprise. :D

DarkBoost 24-08-2009 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mischi (Post 734054)

Nicely done, I was considering modelling this one myself. It's a good thing you didn't forget the crystals as that's what makes it work ;)

stroggtank 25-08-2009 03:58 AM

Yay!!... excellent topic & nice entries so far! iīm in, i think iīll go for the predictable one... a delorean! :D lets see if i can manage my polys to get at least the basic shape in 2 hrs ... see ya!

avishek 25-08-2009 06:49 AM

Wow. :) I am in.

lo2op 25-08-2009 01:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Yes i'm in ! :D
Great challange and super entries.

Ferry P 25-08-2009 03:26 PM

@Rachel:

sorry for being so rude yesterday..I was very busy.
But nice entry girl!

Rachel vd M 25-08-2009 04:18 PM

@ferry:

haha no problem thx for the compliment

@lo2op
did u come up with that time machine or is it from a certain game/movie/series it looks nice

lo2op 25-08-2009 04:32 PM

@Rachel: Thanks, the timemashine is my creation :D

avishek 25-08-2009 05:56 PM

We Have All The Time in The World

2 Attachment(s)
Hi,Everyone.:wave:

Nice to see all the works submited till now. Its very interesting. Here is my entry for the time machine.

Tank[NL] 25-08-2009 09:09 PM

good looking entries so far. im still texturing mine. go the model sorted for the most part and i still have about 20 minutes left. enough to add some little details and what not. gl all.

TLH 25-08-2009 10:31 PM

~This is a hard topic ~
------------------------------------
Rachel your entry is really cool !
------------------------------------
--- I'll be making the TARDIS as soon as i get a NEW Charger for my laptop !

stroggtank 25-08-2009 11:58 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So here is my entry. Yeap.. the DeLorean.. dude I dreamed a lot about that car when I was a kid....Ironically I did n īt had much time in the world to clean the edgeflow, so.. there is still some pinching in the model :P maybe iīll finish the model in the next days...

Nice comp! & nice entries!!!

Rachel vd M 26-08-2009 12:27 AM

hey stroggtank that looks awesome!!!
nice clean model

i just completed my next time machine from "the time machine"(2002)
though that was a bit of a rush job as it was quite a lot to model,
you can really see where i had to hurry up my modelling

ill give it materials and render it tomorrow as all the rushing made me quite exhausted

avishek 26-08-2009 05:17 AM

Nice work stroggtank :)

DarkBoost 26-08-2009 06:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I recently finished playing "Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time" on the Playstation and thought it would be great to model the Time Machine used through out the game. Although the original Time Machine has about 80 faces, I have added some additional details with the remaining time available.

Topic: Time Machine - Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time (Playstation)
Program: 3D Studio Max & VRay
Modelling Time: 120mins

DaddyDoom 26-08-2009 06:51 AM

So many great entries and me with no time to play :(
Strogg, love that Delorean... so cute :D

DD

DarkBoost 26-08-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaddyDoom (Post 734384)
Strogg, love that Delorean... so cute :D

I agree this is very cute. I would have liked to have modelled this myself however I would never forgive myself for only putting 120mins into such an iconic car.

ClassicGamer-3DT 26-08-2009 10:49 AM

Superb entries guys, wish I had time to participate too. :)

CG.

Rachel vd M 26-08-2009 01:27 PM

great entries you all, i like the bugsbunny one as it is so simple yet effective in looking good

btw, im trying to make a render with the time machine activated, but in the movie there is some forcefield around it

is there a way to shade a sphere so it will have both a falloff in camera z-depth and still be fuzzy at the edges?
it looks a bit fuzzy and glowing with noise i can make everything exept for the glowing fuzzy edge part

Tank[NL] 26-08-2009 01:59 PM

1 Attachment(s)
well, here's my entry.

went a bit overboard with the idea. looked at some artists impressions of blackholes and wormholes aswell as soon telescope photos of blackholes.
i picked on the looked awesome and made a massive machine around it.

in short, this machine creates an artificial wormhole, allowing matter and energy to travel through time and space.

the wormhole-thing in the centre has a displacement map made in mudbox in about 15 mins. i wish i could have textured the whole thing, but i dont have anymore time to spend on this project. it was a nice little diversion tho and good fun to make ^^

enjoy all.

meowmeow 26-08-2009 02:09 PM

wow tank that looks really cool i like the specail effect how did you create it ?

Tank[NL] 26-08-2009 02:18 PM

the beam? or the shiny light eminating from the middle?

the beam is just a simple cylinder with an alpha map. the other shiny stuff is a simple omni with the same color as the very centre of the wormhole.

and im glad you like ^^

SnappedStrings 26-08-2009 02:22 PM

Rachel, instead of shading a sphere, you should just use a plane with the texture painted on it (with opacity map) to create the illusion of a round force field, rather than actually trying to get it to work in 3d.

Rachel vd M 26-08-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SnappedStrings (Post 734471)
Rachel, instead of shading a sphere, you should just use a plane with the texture painted on it (with opacity map) to create the illusion of a round force field, rather than actually trying to get it to work in 3d.

thx but that wouldn't really work as the noise moves around the surface
also then there wouldnt be a good lighting from the field
and it wouldn't work with the depth of field that i use

else i could just photoshop it.

so if anyone has some idea, i'd like to hear it
;)

avishek 26-08-2009 03:54 PM

Nice job Tank :).

Rachel vd M 26-08-2009 08:23 PM

im doin a render without a forcefield for now,
it takes about 2 hours for a clayrender
the shaded render is still rendering.

anyways, coincidentally "The Escapist" is having its weekly issue of their online (free) gaming magazine being about time!!!
(for those who dont know the escapist, it's a website about gaming, in a more analysing and intelligent way)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/apps/features/

Tank[NL] 26-08-2009 08:28 PM

or just in a really harsh ,sarcastic way with Zero Punctuation :)

Rachel vd M 26-08-2009 08:37 PM

yeah gotta love zero punctuation
its actually the reason i discovered it

rocneasta-3DT 26-08-2009 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
the looks were influenced greatly by gnomish teleport machine from World of Warcraft, but the model kinda went it's own way, or should i say my way...

thinking about this topic, i came up with couple of ideas, and if i make it i will get another design up and running...

Relderson 26-08-2009 09:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
When i saw the titel, i though about a simple Alarm. Just set the clock an hour back and your back in time :P

so heres my entry

Rachel vd M 27-08-2009 12:37 AM

lol Relderson,
nice one, though you wouldnt actually be able to visit your great-great-great-great-great-grandmother with the device eh?

still i like the picture, nice HDRI DOF and textures

Rachel vd M 27-08-2009 02:14 AM

2 Attachment(s)
yay i finished my entry

I made the timemachine from the movie "The TimeMachine" (2002)
it was fun making though i had to hurry up when i got to the chair and the control panel.
Also i didnt had time to make the boilers under the platform or the batteries on the other side of the pressure vessel in the center.

if i could only go back in time and use some extra time on it for the entry ;)

Also i put some extra efford into the compositing of the image i hope you like it.
the color render took about 3 hours to render on my dualcore amd 6000+
i also have a clay render at full resolution only i cant post that one (here) atleast.

p.s.

C&C's are very welcome

avishek 27-08-2009 03:03 AM

Fantastic modeling Rachel :). I like this model of the Time machine from the new film.Keep it up.

NitroLiq 27-08-2009 03:11 AM

Well, after wrestling for 2hrs with something as simple as Hermione's Time Turner from HP3 and seeing the results others are achieving, I think I'm coming to the conclusion that I may not be much of a speed modeler. :wall::ugh:

DarkBoost 27-08-2009 04:08 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Rachel vd M nice work looks great!

Lots of excellent entries which is great to see. Here is my second entry the Space Ship from the film Flight of the Navigator, nothing special but felt it was worth attempting.

Topic: Space Ship (Flight of the Navigator)
Program: 3D Studio Max & Vray
Modelling Time: ~30mins

Rachel vd M 27-08-2009 05:37 AM

lol thx for the comments,

@NitroLic,
dont give up!, i started out with some less complex and beautiful entries about 2 years ago.
Speed modelling is a good training as it learns you to be efficient and find the fastest method to make what you want to make.
as for making a time turner,

I would suggest (atleast in 3dsMax) merging a circle spline with some star shaped splines and a hourglass shaped spline into one spline (attach) and extruding it with a extrude modifier, and using tube primitives for the rings and A spline with lathe for the "handle" also you could make the hourglass from a lowpoly sphere that you polymodelled to have a drop shape and then using a turbosmooth modifier on top, combined with a symetry and shell modifier to turn it into a symetrical hourglass. The chain could be made out of chainlink shaped splines set to "renderable" in viewport and in render copied along the path

@darkboost
that looks nice, though it reminds me of a madelaine (a french muffin cake)
still it looks nice!

DarkBoost 27-08-2009 05:41 AM

yeah it does a bit... maybe the writers were eating alot of these whilst writing the script :P

Flight of the Navigator
http://geeksofdoom.com/GoD/img/2009/..._navigator.jpg

Bugs Bunny: Lost In Time (PS1)
http://img.gamespot.com/gamespot/ima..._screen003.jpg

Rachel vd M 27-08-2009 05:56 AM

haha,

nice reference pictures

stroggtank 27-08-2009 06:18 AM

Wow rachel what a beautiful entry! wish I can have one copy on my messy-desk, great model!

DarkBoost: aawww... child memories... one of my favourite movies, excellent model.

avishek & DD: thanks for the comments everybody ;) hope to have some time to add all those little missing details.

cheers

ClassicGamer-3DT 27-08-2009 06:28 AM

Oh wow Flight Of The Navigator that's a blast from the past i'd forgotton entriely about that one! Wonderful entry too.

Rachel you're entries get better and better and this latest one is perfect. A joy to see.

CG.

DaddyDoom 27-08-2009 07:03 AM

Rachel... damn you to hell.
You are slowly entering the "I hate you" level, where people like Sathe, JHartford and others now stand.
Amazing piece, great detail, awesome render... what else?

I hate you :(

:D
DD

rocneasta-3DT 27-08-2009 07:14 AM

with these complex models do you guys just rush to get things done or do you have some time to piece them all together in a realistic way - joins, axis etc

Mischi 27-08-2009 07:51 AM

NitroLic: Don't worry, practice makes perfect. And if you don't manage to finish your model in time you can still start from scratch and give it another try. On a second try you would already know about most of the problems you had at your first try. I guess this wouldn't be prohibited (and if it is, who would notice? ;))

rocneasta: Most of the time I try to find simple solutions for complex problems. And when the deadline is coming closer I begin to rush a lot of things :D
But you still have to pay attention to a good and clean architecture, as this is what is mainly voted on. Ugly pinches and unclean edges can easily ruin an otherwise good model.

Rachel: Your second entry is even more awesome than your first one. Just stunning. Guess I have to follow DD on that point: I hate you :D

So many great entrys this time and there is still a week left. Just keep them coming. I really love this weeks contest. Wish I had the time to contribute another one.

Rachel vd M 27-08-2009 08:07 AM

@Strogg CG DD and michi
thx for the comments, btw dont hate me, i can make better models if i got some time to practice. btw using some "simple" entry as a starter in a 2week challenge is really helping to get my modeling up to speed.

@stroggtank are you saying you want wallpaper? ;)

@rocneasta,
no i didn't rig it, though it is grouped and all the pivots are along the central(diagonal) axis so rotating along a local axis would work.
though i cant like move the outer lenses along their "pivot" where they are attached on the machine. i could if i rigged it some more, maybe later on.

also, it helps to setup the pivot to the axis of where you want to rotate it in, as then you just need to shift+drag the rotation gizmo and fill in the correct numbers to instantly get a nice round array of those things.

VegaMan 27-08-2009 08:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Havent done this in a real long while so thought i would try it out again, hope i got the rules right :/

Zlatovous 27-08-2009 08:20 AM

Rachel, you are a killer. I was too thinking of making this one, but then I found it almost impossible to do in less than two hours... You are killer. Fantastic job :-)

Well, I guess, it's time to get my work on. To machines!

rocneasta-3DT 27-08-2009 08:28 AM

nothing is impossible if you know how to use the time machine properly :P

DarkBoost 27-08-2009 08:41 AM

VegaMan Ah nice, one of my favorite Lucasart RPG games... was going to model this one myself. Good luck man!

JAPO 27-08-2009 09:26 AM

The entries so far are AMAZING!

I mean I thought Delorean will be killer for anyone attempting it. It would be for me, I mean I would spend week making that one. Woooooooooow that one is amazing.

Rachel... thats... insane. Perfect planning, perfect execution. Flawless. I mean both entries. I love the egg...copter. But "The Time Machine" time machine...

I am still not giving up though. :D

Rachel vd M 27-08-2009 10:18 AM

i 'd like to see what you would make JAPO, can u give us any hints yet?

btw, i just got 3 of my medails that i still had to claim
for the character, medical and hideout challenges from the past few weeks
no i have 10 medails ;)

Tank[NL] 27-08-2009 10:54 AM

Rachel: sweet work. the material came out great. thumbs up.

Darkboost: spend a little more time on it, to make it a bit sharper. it looks very true to concept tho. nice job.

VegaMan: nice and cartoony. i think you could have done a better job on the materials. they look a bit flat atm. you might have wanted to make the beauty shot with the door open, so we could have seen the interior in all its glory.

i cant wait to see what others might churn out at the last second. cool contest so far and good work guys :D

Ferry P 27-08-2009 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel vd M (Post 734571)
yay i finished my entry

I made the timemachine from the movie "The TimeMachine" (2002)
it was fun making though i had to hurry up when i got to the chair and the control panel.
Also i didnt had time to make the boilers under the platform or the batteries on the other side of the pressure vessel in the center.

if i could only go back in time and use some extra time on it for the entry ;)

Also i put some extra efford into the compositing of the image i hope you like it.
the color render took about 3 hours to render on my dualcore amd 6000+
i also have a clay render at full resolution only i cant post that one (here) atleast.

p.s.

C&C's are very welcome

niiiiiiiiiiiiiice

JAPO 27-08-2009 11:41 AM

I would prefer not giving any hints yet :) After Delorean and your time machine, I am not sure if my idea is impressive enough, so I dont want to promise anything.

Shinamori 27-08-2009 12:00 PM

I wonder what amazing model you're going to this time Japo.=P?

NitroLiq 27-08-2009 03:41 PM

@Rachel and Mischi: Thanks for the pep talk. It's just been one of those weeks where every little thing as been getting to me. I went in pretty psyched with the time-turner, had all my reference...figured It would be a quick and easy entry which I could use to practice lighting/rendering/texturing....then ended up wondering how the hell it could take me so long to make a few revolved (lathed) surfaces and poly rings and get them into place. I can model the brunt of it with no problem...though with more time, I could make it less sloppy....I think the biggest problem is that I spend more time testing out different techniques while modeling rather than focusing and setting up a plan from the onset to burn through it. Good for me...not so great for a speed challenge. I'm using Maya, btw. The most intricate part is the center piece with all the star shapes...since it's a modeling challenge, it almost feels like a cop out if I were to just draw a transparency map. I was going to create all the star pieces and combine into one mesh then try a boolean but hadn't gotten to it yet. I any case, I don't mind if I don't submit anything...if anything I get to try different techniques to see what works and what doesn't and I also get to practice MR lighting/rendering. For the chain, I figured I'd learn how to make it dynamic, rigging it for placement but not enough time. Sometimes the model works out, sometimes it doesn't...I'd just rather post something that shows off good technique. Ah well.

rocneasta-3DT 27-08-2009 04:10 PM

it's always best to plan your actions and then just swiftly execute them... I hope i grow out of my 9 years of experience in Acad and move on to bigger, greater and better things...

hope you figure out your modeling plan soon, it's better to be relaxed while doing it then stressed :(

Zlatovous 27-08-2009 05:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, here is my contribution for today

I though of making my own time machine. I sat with pencil and paper, trying to sketch something... No ideas, only that it should be some sort of alien looking (not from earth, not giger's alien looking :-) ). So I went straight to 3D, inventing ideas as I was modeling. Not good progress while speedmodeling, because you can't plan anything in advance... But I ended having extra nine minutes. So why not :-)

Hope you like it!

Rachel vd M 27-08-2009 08:11 PM

nice one zlatovous, it kinda looks like a elephant, still it looks quite nice

Zlatovous 27-08-2009 08:45 PM

Yes, people are telling me it looks like butterfly either :-) Well, well, something went wrong :-D

Tank[NL] 27-08-2009 08:49 PM

i think your biggest problem is that we cant see how this would be used. and yeah, it kinda reminds of a butterfly ,srry mate :)

CHAO5 27-08-2009 08:54 PM

Homers time machine

3 Attachment(s)
Hi

Here is my entry. Itīs the time machine from homer ( Treehouse of Horror V: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4327189/Homers_Zeitmaschine )

modelling: 45min c4d
render: 12min c4d with AO and GI

NitroLiq 27-08-2009 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank[NL] (Post 734737)
i think your biggest problem is that we cant see how this would be used. and yeah, it kinda reminds of a butterfly ,srry mate :)

I could imagine the front/centerpiece coming down like a ramp or something, then a person steps inside. It reminds me of the type of stylized set piece you'd find in a FF game or something as a portal. It doesn't necessarily scream time machine, though.

Rachel vd M 28-08-2009 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NitroLiq (Post 734757)
It doesn't necessarily scream time machine, though.

it could be a alien portapotty/dixie

Tank[NL] 28-08-2009 12:58 PM

now now, dont go calling his entry a a pile of crap... :D

ok ok, sorry. but that was just too easy.

but the argument still stands. its not apparent how it works. so it could be anything you want it too be. including a timemachine. but also an alien blender... or a portapotty...

avishek 28-08-2009 01:21 PM

Well it also looks like a sort of belt buckle.

SnappedStrings 28-08-2009 01:25 PM

I bet it makes a mean waffle

zipel 28-08-2009 02:57 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey there, here's my entry

DaddyDoom 28-08-2009 03:10 PM

Time Machine Meets Meat Grinder From Hell!

CHAO5 28-08-2009 07:03 PM

3 Attachment(s)
he hereīs an update from my simpson time machine toaster.
( Treehouse of Horror V: http://www.myvideo.de/watch/4327189/Homers_Zeitmaschine )

Rachel vd M 28-08-2009 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CHAO5 (Post 734936)
he hereīs an update

are updates allowed?
as you are using the same base mesh for your second/updated entry

btw, zipel, it looks awesome, but it looks indeed more grinder like than timetravel like xD still nice
nice way you buildt it btw, just about 20 parts being arranged in a great way ^_^

rocneasta-3DT 28-08-2009 07:32 PM

i guess it should be allowed if it has combined the time less than the limit. or?

zipel 28-08-2009 07:46 PM

Thanks Rachel, i'm glade you like it. Hey, i guess it's ok as long as it works :D.

merendas 28-08-2009 08:09 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Exercise while pedaling thru time:smug:
Heres my entry , hope its within the rules.

CHAO5 28-08-2009 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rachel vd M (Post 734938)
are updates allowed?
as you are using the same base mesh for your second/updated entry

hmm jep, same base mesh. im in the time so itīs ok!? :lame:

new render:

http://www2.pic-upload.de/29.08.09/3z7dn3romia.jpg

DarkBoost 28-08-2009 10:30 PM

hmmm as the rules state if we are to simulate a real world environment then i am not sure that modifying your entry would be allowed, you wouldn't ask the client for your model back to make some updates or would you?

either or if it is allowed, i will update some of my submissions :)

Edwiersma 28-08-2009 11:06 PM

i think i just found a nice inspiration for this...

actually its a time changer, but when its destoyed as if it never existed all things will travel back in time as if it never existed. and that would be technically be a time-machine.

I will see if i can get a nice model up by tomorrow, wish me luck :)

rocneasta-3DT 29-08-2009 10:38 AM

2 Attachment(s)
well i just googled instead of winging it... came up with a model from a 1960 movie
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054387/

anyway, the model is really nice, but due to the time limit i didn't finish it properly, as it would deserve, and the chair is from another sketch of the same movie model - not the robust one

hope you like it, while i go back and pimp it out with vast amount of detail...

avishek 29-08-2009 11:00 AM

Nicely done Rocneasta.

Rachel vd M 29-08-2009 11:27 AM

nice one Rocneasta!!!

its from the same movie i had my time machine from, but the version from 40 years back in time! ^_^

btw, do i see you made this in Autocad!? cool

rocneasta-3DT 29-08-2009 12:09 PM

yea i spent 9 years with acad, only need to lock myself in a room and learn to make beauty renders with 3dmax...

However if i had 30 min more the model is really looking better and better since i'm implementing all the bits and pieces of vanity details... but this base model doesn't look that shabby i guess

... then again who cares how it looks like if it can get me through time:dance:

________

p.s. Is Hiro Nakamura (Masi Oka) from "Heroes" a time machine ???

Rachel vd M 29-08-2009 09:35 PM

is it a "machine"?

rocneasta-3DT 29-08-2009 09:54 PM

one could make one as a homage to him :P

avishek 30-08-2009 06:44 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my second entry.

Tank[NL] 30-08-2009 09:51 AM

i love the massive scale of the thing, avishek. nice work

avishek 30-08-2009 05:04 PM

Thanks Tank :).

Judge Gabranth 30-08-2009 08:21 PM

@ Avishek
when i thought on this machine I realized it makes sense in travelling around and within the time ^^ (Maybe theese cables below the main pipe collects the energy to gain that power to put me in a mouth of a T-Rex eh?) ^^

Daye 31-08-2009 12:11 AM

Power Requirements ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by merendas (Post 734954)
Exercise while pedaling thru time:smug:
Heres my entry , hope its within the rules.

The first thought that came to mind was:

If the Delorean requires 1.21Gw to initiate the jump sequence, you would have to
absolutely pedal your a$$ off in the bike :D

So far I really like the stylized version of the Delorean and the Rachels version of the
chair from the movie. You realize once you have enough awards they simply make you
a moderator right ? :D

avishek 31-08-2009 03:54 AM

@Judge Gabranth

:D hehehehe! Ya I actually thought of making it massive. You see, man needs a gigantic rocket just to go to the moon. And we are talking about time travel. Its a huge thing. I hope you have liked it.

Rachel vd M 31-08-2009 07:48 PM

nah time travel isnt that big, ...

once you got it figured out ;)

rocneasta-3DT 31-08-2009 08:00 PM

@ Rachel - if you can give me some pointers on that, perhaps i could go back in time with my finished model and replace it with the 120 minutes version - kinda pushes it to the oblivion of marginal error :P

i reckon i kinda overdid it on that description, hehe

Tank[NL] 31-08-2009 09:16 PM

one theory states that time is circular...

all you have to do is stay alive for a gazillion years...

Edwiersma 31-08-2009 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tank[NL] (Post 735459)
one theory states that time is circular...

all you have to do is stay alive for a gazillion years...

well if you even can get a theory if timetravel is possible or not you would be a genius... If you only find a way to if its possible to travel in time its time you design a machine...

Rachel vd M 01-09-2009 06:01 AM

we all like a good paradox eh ;)

how bout, you make a time machine to prevent a worldwar,
then when you prevented it, there wouldn't be a "need" to invent one,
so making it inpossible for you to have traveled back in time,
enabling the war again and returning you to the future as you have never traveled in the first place xD:crazy:

Also, when you see people "time travel" from a bystanders perspective, you always see them go, and stay gone,
though instead they could just have the return time only (mili) seconds after their original travel.
So actually making the traveler appear old/weary/tired/happy/relieved after the time machine "glitched". instantly giving the traveler the greatest stories and ideas to tell! xD

also when a timetraveler says to his friends in the past he might return for another adventure (sequel), he could just have his next travel set to just seconds after his previous departure in the future. making him come back almost instantly, and aging him somewhat aswell ;)
making the "please come back, i will miss you soo much when your gone to the future!" kinda obsolete

avishek 01-09-2009 06:50 AM

Oh what an explanation:D. My head is spinning:crazy:

Edwiersma 01-09-2009 08:00 AM

hehe:crazy:

It's just one of the theories that says it is imposible, myself cant think of a way to theoretically travel back in time at least i cant figure out how it would be possible.

As for traveling in the future, you cant go and see you're children and stuff, as like you actual stopped living on the date you start traveling as you will never exist in the future. And as i think it's impossible to travel back it would be a one way trip.

And now we're actually able to do that in a very primitive way, making yourself live longer. A time machine would i think work kinda the way it did in the movie "The Time Machine", a shield around you that will prevent you of aging along with the time. So it will actually slow you down. People will see you in slow motion and you will see them running around like hyperactives. On how efficient your time machine is there will be a ration of time speed inside the shield of the time machine and outside the time machine. Example

You are starting you time machine, the time machine slows you down 3600 times. So 1 second in the time machine would mean a day outside. Like if you blink with your eye in like 1/10 of a second that still would be 2,5 hours outside what would be funny to watch. And so a minute in that time machine would mean 2 months outside. so lets say something would be possible and they will do some experiments of traveling 1 day in the future and so they use a camera to record the travel (suggesting the time machine would be immobile) there would be a dude inside for only 1 second and gets out and has 24 hours of material of himself to watch. The only impossible thing in this story is the shielding for the time machine in theory its all making a little sense, right?

So lets remove those, are there any other ways of doing such things? .... nobody?:smug: How about stasis, i guess there are many ways of stopping a body to work and preserve it. The tricks is that the mind and body may not get older. So lets say you electrocute somebody, put him in ice before his blood starts to clot and store him in a good fridge. like they did with Han Solo in star wars and that movie where they used a form called Cryostasis but that one would have failed because he was able to think in all the time he was in there... Now im not sure but i think there already ways to do this, artificial coma's and such things.

Conclusion:
Even a fridge will be able to serve as time machine but i dont think it may be be called one. As you wont disrupt the time line as people in the future already know you are coming. It will be a sort of time travel for the person that actually does it. But for the outside world its nothing more then a guys that climbs out of a fridge and that is just a little weird.

Traveling back in time: as far as i know impossible (that time just passed, so you're to late)
Traveling fort in time : Seems possible to me.

Psycho Mantis 01-09-2009 09:40 AM

here is my theory i just came up with, milliseconds after i read through jajeīs post.

"timetraveling" is possible per se - but we dont have the technology to execute such a journey. i think that it is not necessary to accelerate a body, ship, timecapsule whatever to a speed faster than light - to get that timestrecht. (ignoring the direction of back and forth) all kind of devices up to date are limited by phisical boundaries, and the amount of energy that is needed to accelerate even a very very tiny part of matter, is impossible, because the faster this particle goes, the more "mass it gets", and at a certain point you would need an infinite amount of energy, to push it to go faster. and as we all know- infinity cant be reached yet, except by counting performed by chuck norris.

and here kicks my theory in, together with string theory mumbojumbo. time is always the same, everywhere around etc. and everything happens at the same time. but our minds canīt deal with this kind of reality, so it follows a linear timeflow - we experience our life as long as we live from start to end, because we have no other ability to do so. one law is - energy can never be lost, only transformed, and so - all that we experience is nothing more than energy-placed somewhere in space. ill cut this here -google string theory and stuff.... so to do a time travel, you have to get your brain (your braincells that are nothing but energy) synchronised with some other guys brain in the past or future. so that each string of your body is resonating at the same frequency as his.
that what he has experienced, and all of his enviroment caused a unique string resonance is body - and if you can get that very same resonance - you will be in his time and place. (caution! - newtons axiome - where one object is, there canīt be another)
question is: would the other guy also experience a time travel, or will his life go on.
another point here - you cant go back in the future or past as yourself - because you transform you body.
and you would need a device that can calculate or cause the string vibration of your body - and i guess, because you have infinite options to vibrate - its gonna be pretty hard to predict where you will land.

on the other hand, maybe iīm just a dude who should get back to work, because the clients are waiting.

avishek 01-09-2009 09:50 AM

Wow! Nice explanation people. At one point of time I felt like I am in a Physics class. :D

rocneasta-3DT 01-09-2009 10:04 AM

i don't believe a word you're saying if you can't make a speed model to back your theory!!! :P

Neil_F01 01-09-2009 10:55 AM

time travel as far as i'm concerned.. is all about the projection of a matter particles into the fluxing time stream.. the matter is taken from the moment and pass through the flux in the element of an anti equation... since the equation will relate to the time set and corrisponding locators. the matter is then reverted back to its original state though the not through the flux but through the matter configurator..

how this is done **** knows.. what it would look like.. sod knows that either.. and what and how is a a funny statement in its self... but those are my two pennies on the subject..

just read this back myself.. i almost sound intelligent.. lol..

Edwiersma 01-09-2009 11:25 AM

Maybe we should link this page to the guys in the secret labs figuring out so hard that they actually lost the point of it and we just figured it out...

Neil_F01 01-09-2009 11:33 AM

well if dc brown can figure it out am sure they must already know what they need to do..

Mischi 01-09-2009 11:58 AM

Before we continue this discussion we should define the rules we want to follow. Are we following Terminator or Back to the Future rules? And please don't say Time Rider rules because they are just plain silly :D

Neil_F01 01-09-2009 12:00 PM

i actually dont think it matters.. from what i gather.. its just create an image that is a time machine.. whether it is something from a film.. or just something from your imagination..

Psycho Mantis 01-09-2009 12:11 PM

i think mischi wants to set the basis for our discussion, not about the entries ;)

Neil_F01 01-09-2009 12:14 PM

well what about quantum leap.. it was time travel to a degree.. but the only difference was that sam becket wasn't in his own body he leaped from one person in time to the next person in time..

Mischi 01-09-2009 12:16 PM

Just don't mind my comment, I'm just addicted to South Park quotes :p

avishek 01-09-2009 12:30 PM

I think JajeBlade is right. We should invite Sir Stephen William Hawkins to this forum. He can explain thing better. :D.

Neil_F01 01-09-2009 12:32 PM

i dont think hawkins is actually a sir.. i mean he isn't british.. so he can't have received a knighthood.. (giving him the title sir.).. :)

avishek 01-09-2009 12:36 PM

I think he is actually coz I just checked the net. The details can be found in Wikipedia. :)

Tank[NL] 01-09-2009 12:59 PM

hawkins is british. his computerized voice just doesnt do accents.

Neil_F01 01-09-2009 02:36 PM

really i alwayed assumed he was the only smart american. lol

Tank[NL] 01-09-2009 03:38 PM

some are smart. they just have some really backward reasoning. the other smarty pants yanks are being stomped into silence by the rest...

rocneasta-3DT 01-09-2009 05:00 PM

and the rest call them self the majority...

but back to the topic at hand, i'm working on another model, just trying to find better resource photos, anyone trying to come up or model something new?

JAPO 01-09-2009 07:42 PM

I am. In fact its finished, I am just freeing some space as PC tells me it does not have enough space for beauty render.

rocneasta-3DT 01-09-2009 07:43 PM

then it must fall under WIN category :)

TheBat 01-09-2009 08:28 PM

Awesome entries all this week! Inspiring competition as well. I won't manage to do an entry this week. Too bad, better luck next week!

Keep up the good work and quality!

Rachel vd M 02-09-2009 08:22 AM

actually if you compare the terminator's Timemachine visuals with the "The Time Machine" time machine you see they both use some kind of glowing orb,
creating lightning on the arrival spot seconds before arriving.
there's even the destorting "glass marble" artifact before you can actually see the time travelers!

Though, i do think the Terminator creates a "autonomous" timetravel bubble from the outside,
that is programmed for one time/location (time)traveling at much higher speeds (near instant).
probably to prevent the traveler from falling out of the bubble because of the lack of any support for the traveler to stand on.

Unlike the one in The Time machine, where you could change your rate of (time)travel, even reversing the timeflow in midflight.
And the time bubble needed to be sustained from a the inside by a time manipulating device.
Though, if the device would experience having a failure it leads to catastrophic results, for both the user and anyone in about a 20km radius.

p.s.

i wish i had more time, else i would have made the "Time Traveling Dixie" (better known as TURDIS) that's made to help people in "need" though time and space!
(yes i came up with it)

rocneasta-3DT 02-09-2009 08:45 AM

2 Attachment(s)
reference url

i dug up this "time machine" - can't really say i've figured it out...

what i can say is that i need an hour for all the wiring and few more elements on the shell and inside the module - but here it is, my entry

hope you understand it's functionality and take it for a spin in time, past of present

avishek 02-09-2009 09:02 AM

Nice work. I liked it.:)

Judge Gabranth 02-09-2009 11:30 AM

Nice one but how does it work ?? ''Just Touch it'' or sth like ''heeey i can imagine dude !!'' ?

^^

rocneasta-3DT 02-09-2009 11:33 AM

dunno how it works, there is a video on the link - and you can see how it functions like a machine, but besides that - it's beyond my comprehension :)

JAPO 02-09-2009 08:38 PM

A35M/5b "Time Fish"

2 Attachment(s)
Hello :)
Here is my entry. Its Japanese Mitsubishi A35M/5b "Time Fish".

Power is provided by deployable solar panels (on missions). Engines on the sides are just for manouvering the vehicle in air and water alike (you cant tell where you end up when traveling through time). The time drive is in the hull just under cockpit. Note the massive jet intake.

Modelled in 3Ds Max 2008 in 120 minutes.
Beauty render with Vue background composited in photoshop.

JAPO 02-09-2009 08:40 PM

Just a small addition for those curious: Sensory array is in "eyes" along with spotlights. Pilot sits in the rear, front "teardrop" canopy is for flight engineer/time navigator.

rocneasta-3DT 02-09-2009 08:41 PM

18 min left, looks like this time the internet connection was ok Japo :)

Rachel vd M 02-09-2009 08:42 PM

lol nice one, did you designed it yourself?
btw, how did you came up with the miniature assembly look for your entry,
it makes it look cool (and rectifies the plastic look).

JAPO 02-09-2009 08:47 PM

Rocnesta: 18 minutes is one thing. My bloodpressure must be 400 atm. I thought I would not make it.

Rachel: Yup, its my own design of the ship. When designing it, I thought time machine should be subtle enough not to leave mark on history. If accidentally spotted, it should be interpeted as "I should stop drinking, I see flying fish," or "and he saw a monster come out of the sea with 4 eyes and spears on its fins." :D

The frame for the parts is just splines with "renderable" clicked on. I just used it to present the parts like you did. And it fitted the entire "model kit" theme :D

edited typos. My hands are still shaky

Oh and one more thing. I designed landing gear as well, but there was no time left for that.
And one more thing. If I get some time, I will make "time jump" form, when some parts fold and retract :)

rocneasta-3DT 02-09-2009 08:51 PM

Tips for reducing your blood pressure:

* Losing weight (if you’re overweight or obese)
* Limiting alcohol intake
* Limiting saturated fat in your diet
* Adding more fruits and vegetables to your diet
* Increasing your intake of calcium, magnesium and potassium
* Getting regular exercise
* Not cutting it short with beauty renders @ speed modeling competitions ;)

ClassicGamer-3DT 02-09-2009 08:57 PM

Less than 3 mins left guys 'n gals :)

CG.

Psycho Mantis 02-09-2009 08:58 PM

3 minutes are an eternity when you have a time machine.

rocneasta-3DT 02-09-2009 08:59 PM

mine blew a fuse so i can't click "engage" :(

ClassicGamer-3DT 02-09-2009 09:01 PM

OK well this challenge is now over, then next one is now up & running :)

CG.

Edwiersma 02-09-2009 09:02 PM

to bad i didnt got mine finished in time, it will take a few more hours... In that way I will be able to cheat in the next one...

MAK.cz 02-09-2009 09:05 PM

Hi all,
its my first challenge ;)
No time for beauty render ;(

EXPERIMENTAL TIME MACHINE WC-TM Mark I.
http://wc.mak.cz/wc_01.jpg
http://wc.mak.cz/wc_02.jpg
http://wc.mak.cz/wc_03.jpg
http://wc.mak.cz/wc_04.jpg
edited ...
MODELING TIME 120min
3D Studio MAX 2010

http://wc.mak.cz/wc_05.jpg
http://wc.mak.cz/wc_06.jpg
Ambient occlusion
http://wc.mak.cz/wc_08.jpg
Render, but no beauty ;o( (no time, sorry)
http://wc.mak.cz/wc_07.jpg

rocneasta-3DT 02-09-2009 09:08 PM

looks like the only thing that should go back in time is the poo :P

MAK.cz 02-09-2009 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocneasta (Post 735877)
looks like the only thing that should go back in time is the poo :P

;o)

JAPO 02-09-2009 09:29 PM

Not a bad idea actually. On the other side it will be food again. Just... dont ask where it came from!

Rachel vd M 02-09-2009 09:35 PM

rofl, nice entries you all!!!
i hope i make a change of winning ;)

Tank[NL] 02-09-2009 10:19 PM

well, looks like my prediction came true. some added an awesome entry pretty late in the game. nice work JAPO. looks sweet. and the box-art is a nice touch :)

MAK, looks like you added a bit of gravity visualisation there. i like the idea. nice work.

Relderson 07-09-2009 10:02 PM

Who are the winners??

Robbert543 07-09-2009 10:11 PM

it takes a week, usually.

Relderson 17-09-2009 11:30 AM

We have all the time! :P

Rachel vd M 24-09-2009 09:02 AM

really?

:wave:

ClassicGamer-3DT 13-10-2009 01:31 PM

Results Are In

1st Place

Rachel vd M

2nd Place

stroggtank

3rd Place

zipel

The Winner must email jo@3dtotal.com to claim their prize.

Only 1st place can claim a prize.

Well done to all who participated. Really well deserved for all involved on this one, really stunning entries.

CG.

rocneasta-3DT 13-10-2009 01:39 PM

well done everyone!

Rachel vd M 13-10-2009 02:19 PM

whoohoo first time first!

thanks CG, also congrats out to Strogg and Zipel those models look awesome aswell!

mr_lemon 13-10-2009 02:54 PM

woot for Rachel vd M!!!! :D just a great model that deserve the admiration of us all :D

avishek 13-10-2009 04:12 PM

Congratulations guys. :) Well done.

zipel 14-10-2009 12:54 PM

3rd place, niiiice!!! :) Congratulations Rachel vd M and Strogg

DaddyDoom 14-10-2009 01:30 PM

Congratz to the winners!

JAPO 14-10-2009 08:45 PM

Congratulations to all competitors in this challenge and to winners in particular. Big congratulations Rachel :)