>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > Modelling, Lighting & Rendering Help
bottom-table-gradient

14211 rads test
Old 24-03-2012, 06:08 PM   #1
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: roducing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 4
Screen pass?

Not to sound like an uneducated straw-munching hillbilly,

but I need to sound like an uneducated straw-munching hillbilly.

Have a project on the go with clients that are very particular in their wants and very non-specific as to the nature of their wants. Anyway, I'm making two hi-poly models for them, plus a very simple animation. All of it is pretty basic stuff, except one requirement is this...

need a separate screen pass with a UV texture applied (100% red to 100% green) so we can use screen remap.

To be honest, I haven't the slightest idea what that even means -- and getting a straight answer from the company tends to take weeks to months. (Project has a two-day deadline.)

Anyone know what they're referring to?

Thanks.
parleee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 06:29 PM   #2
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
http://www.vfxtalk.com/archive/index.php/t-23487.html?
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatneedse! Thank you:
parleee (24-03-2012)
Old 24-03-2012, 07:26 PM   #3
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: roducing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
...so they just want a uv pass rendered out, so they can integrate it into Aftereffects?

A.k.a this...
Attached Images

Old 24-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #4
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
i don't know if this is the right info you are looking for. i just thought the link had some things that sounded like they maybe related.
i really dont know mate sorry
hope ya get it sorted
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
parleee
Canadian, eh?

Awards Showcase
Thanks needse. The link got me (I think) in the ballpark. Searched around for a c4d related take on it and found this -- which is a similar idea -- pretty sure this is what they're talking about. http://www.adobe.com/devnet/aftereff...mberedheader_0

Still need to rouse up these folk and get a confirmation, but looks to be sorted. Thanks.
Greatparleee! Thank you:
needse (24-03-2012)