>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > Matte Painting Challenges
bottom-table-gradient

14211 rads test
Old 13-07-2008, 11:07 AM   #1
Suirebit-3DT
Redefining Reality

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
Challenge #7 - Summer Fest

Challenge #7
  • Summer Fest

There you go, new challenge, hope you are happy :P

This competition is a little bit more special than the rest in that it spans over 2 months and features more prizes and rewards

What do you have to do:

There are 2 themes from which you can choose for this challenge:

- Tropical Sci-Fi City

- Underwater Ruins/Lost City

You can do one or both (you are not limited).

Each theme will have it's own winner, and, depending on number of entries, second and third places (so to a total of 6 prizes).

There will also be a gold winner, which will be chosen as the best image from a technical execution point of view. This prize can only be given if the image is above a certain quality level in the eyes of the judges, so it's an optional one, BUT a SPECIAL prize is given to it

Deadline: 11th September 2008

Please tell your friends and let's make this a real challenge!

And don't be lazy that you have 2 months, time flies by verrrrrry fast!!

Have fun and be creative!

-Tiberius Viris-

Buy my prints | Visit my Blog | Facebook Fan Page

Last edited by Suirebit-3DT; 13-07-2008 at 11:13 AM..
Suirebit-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2008, 01:47 PM   #2
Milan

Send a message via Yahoo to Milan
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges no. 73 ''life on a farm'' Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
o this is great
Old 14-07-2008, 08:06 AM   #3
eyecon
Matte what?

Send a message via Yahoo to eyecon
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a matte painting challenge! Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
amazing challenge! and the deadline ends on my birthday amazing! Count me in!

My CGportfolio and Deviant
CGsociety Deviant

2008 Mattepainting Reel : HIGH RES Low Res
eyecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
mrpeculiar

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of the sculpting challenge 009 Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: Won on Speed Animation challanges ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band' Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge  Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won  
Total Awards: 7
Im definatly in for this one .........ive been doing a tropical city matte the last 2 days for the comp .........will have some stuff up soon to inspire others.

Think i will also have a crack at the underwater scene once this matte is complete ........

kick it !!!!
mrpeculiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 07:05 AM   #5
Nocturn8
Ssssshhh!

Send a message via Yahoo to Nocturn8
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Matte Painting - Gold: Winner of a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: winner of a matte painting challenge Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: Matte Painting Second Place - Underwater Ruins Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge ''SMC 68 A place to hide:'' Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: inner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the New SMC's - 028 - Music to your ea Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 'Weight for it.'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: rd place in a speed modelling challenge ''Is your thumb green?'' 
Total Awards: 12
amazing.... thank you very much sir... can i join too?
Nocturn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
Uncle Pritt

Interesting themes.
Probably I will join. This will be my first time...
Old 16-07-2008, 06:35 AM   #7
chubu
Animator

Send a message via Skype™ to chubu
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge 'Sit down and Think'' Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in ''executioner'' challenge 
Total Awards: 3
nice theme
i hope i will have some free time to join this one
good luck all!
chubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 04:17 PM   #8
Rafalf

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: have occupied 2nd place in Space Graveyard challenge. 
Total Awards: 1
Nocturn8 i hope you will join and also you can count on me

Very interesting challenge.
Rafalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #9
Nik

Send a message via ICQ to Nik
I'm in... meybe this time I can make it in time :-) and the end is on my birthday too :-) So I should finish this one...
Old 16-07-2008, 07:11 PM   #10
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
Total Awards: 6
Interesting, good subjects, go I dash, I reserve this place !
Good luck to all
Old 16-07-2008, 09:24 PM   #11
RQuack

Wow, 2 months?! Count me in!
RQuack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 01:20 PM   #12
Honki
if you're horni

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For creating his wonderful  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
I think I might have a crack at this....

Sounds interesting

Honki's helpful thread of uselessness.

something wrongI think
Honki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2008, 03:43 PM   #13
bc1967

I'm in! What are the file specs for submission?
Old 17-07-2008, 10:37 PM   #14
adamos
I`m Just Simple man

Send a message via Yahoo to adamos
Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 1
One question. Do we have to show our work in progress steps or what?
Old 18-07-2008, 04:17 AM   #15
3d.kkm

I want to join, but where can I put for wip or step pictures??

hurry up answer.

3d.kkm
3d.kkm is offline   Reply With Quote