>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

14211 rads test
Old 04-01-2010, 10:14 PM   #1
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Nexus: washka's threedy ones (and some nudity)

Hello, I've been doing some challenge on threedy for some month and it was time for me to put some order in my big mess and I wanted to show some continuity in my art and to get some feedback from everybody.
So I finally decided to start my 2D painting thread.
-There will be sketches, splotchpaintings, speedpaintings, paintings and even more!
Feel free to leave your opinion, some critical or constructive comment, or mood words, and I can also understand people who dislike my art.
Here is the place where you can even said it!
Exemple:
"washka, I don't like yellow, your last painting s*cks!"
or:
"I l*ve you t*nder, I want to m*rry you right now!"
Everything you want regarding threedy's manners rules.

Linksworks:
DWIV, project Coatl, low poly
Myths and legends, painting
The Lonely Soldier, painting
Ghost Town
Gift to the gods
Tomb raider
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread
DW 2D warming
DWV 2D The Immortal
New! Sea Creature: "Sharkopus"

MyBlog & other links:
http://louisplanche.over-blog.com/

[Edit]
WIP:"Capitain Crawn"
Attached Images

Last edited by washka; 20-02-2012 at 09:53 AM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 10:33 PM   #2
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
The first one

This was my first 2D work on threedy, it was for the avatar comp'. It had to be some kind of god who had to take a physical appearance to evolve into another world.
Mine was some young god on a mangrove that came to take over an old artifact/power hidden into a lost temple...
Here is the startsketch and the last painting version:

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:46 PM   #3
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
The second ones

Those were two speedpaintings from my DWIV concept.
It's a big insectoid guardian, inspiration cames from precolombian styles.
Attached Images

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 04-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #4
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Third one

"Big girls, small bikinis" It was one of the speepainting challenges
I did it after my carrots, I'll should post those ones later.
She likes sunny beach and volley-ball! If you like strong women maybe I'll give you her phone number!
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2010, 11:26 PM   #5
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Fourth one

This is my tower from the Myths and legends challenge, the first monthly comp'.
I didn't liked my whole result for this comp, so my art was sliced into three differents pieces, and one of it is the tower, the second piece (still in work) is a big lizard, and I'll let the surprise for the third piece.
This is some kind of dark tower, some HR Giger inspiration there.
One of my friends named it: "Phalgus" and he wasn't wrong, I wonder why...
Attached Images

Old 02-05-2010, 04:05 PM   #6
luffie
luffie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
This is my tower from the Myths and legends challenge, the first monthly comp'.
I didn't liked my whole result for this comp, so my art was sliced into three differents pieces, and one of it is the tower, the second piece (still in work) is a big lizard, and I'll let the surprise for the third piece.
This is some kind of dark tower, some HR Giger inspiration there.
One of my friends named it: "Phalgus" and he wasn't wrong, I wonder why...
WOw, your work is a bit different than the usual. I think you have a shot at being a concept artist, your rendering are not that good yet, but you have some wicked design up in your head.

You might want to try out some digital painting tutorials to brush up your painting skills, cos it will be awesome when combined with your designs!

My 2d ART THREAD "click here"

"Accept the reality, believe the impossible"
luffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 11:31 PM   #7
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Recreation

Some pause in my work during the Myths and legends comp'.
I think my drawing skills are getting better!
I'm sure I could have win with this one!
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2010, 11:41 PM   #8
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Fifth one

Some conceptual I wanted to share, the tower's resurgence...
It's conceptual you know, it could be an alien spaceship, a scarab or a jewel, it could be anything...
I'm quite sure there will be a nautilus II.
Attached Images

Old 04-01-2010, 11:56 PM   #9
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
6th

This one is from the last comp', it was about armageddon and a lonely soldier, title is "One second before", it's some good descriptive title I think.
I'm quite sure I'll work a bit more on this one when some time would have passed. I really appreciate One Piece's anime, so there is some wink for those who remember the big whale episode, I got some inspiration from there.
Attached Images

Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM   #10
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
7th

Same comp', my second entry to "Armageddon: the lonely soldier". It's my last "finished" work and now it's late here and time to sleep, good bye.
Attached Images

Old 08-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #11
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 3
Hey washka! Glad to see you in! =D
I must say you have a really peculiar style, different from any other I've ever seen, both in design and painting technique, that's really good! The dragon and the nautilus are amazing...

You do have some good perspective knowledge, but learning is never enough, and you can get awesome with this!

Keep showing us more buddy =D

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 01:25 PM   #12
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
WIP: Old One

Thanks a lot for the comment Resenhista, and I completly agree with you about learning. Work too is important, once you learn you have to practice a lot. Someone said it's like scratching on a neverending scroll.
You've got some really nice piece of work too, and your lightning approach is strong, I can easily bet you will amaze us a lot more on the future.

I've got too much WIP (7+12) atm, I should finish somes...
Here is the "Old one" WIP:
Attached Images

Old 13-01-2010, 02:54 PM   #13
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Very nice dragon Washka. Recreation - now thats how you have fun Keep 'em coming!
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 10:04 PM   #14
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Hi

Thanks Avatar-3DT! Fun is something important for me, sometimes I enjoy messing around just for fun.

Here are some update works, first one is a rework/corrections of the avatar contest (2009).
The other one is a painting I've done on a 3D render from my project Coatl.
Last piggy one is just for fun, I've been on holiday recently.
I think the next update will contains the last images from the threedy challenge I've done, with some corrections maybe, or my last WIPs, don't know yet.
Seeya!

Attached Images

Old 10-03-2010, 11:31 PM   #15
M_Cederstrom
Right Here

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge 'scary!' 
Total Awards: 7
very impressive collection.
M_Cederstrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
illustration, nexus, painting, speedpainting, washka