>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge
bottom-table-gradient

14211 rads test
Old 19-05-2010, 01:58 PM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Week #2 - Church Gateway - Low Poly

Hi everyone, I photographed this little gateway near Stratford Upon Avon the other day, maybe Shakespeare walked through it once, who knows...

The limits for this week are 2,000 tris and 1024 texture sheet - any textures are cool, normals, specs etc to make it look as near to the photo as possible! As this is how they will be judged

Here is the photo set

Please post your wire, clay, texture sheets and final render in this thread, wip and on topic chat is also fine here too, these challenges are supposed to be fun and we are not too strict on the rules. The only prizes are a gold, silver and bronze award handed out to both high and low poly versions each week.

Deadlines will be as always Midday GMT next wednesday
Attached Images

Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 02:11 PM   #2
Pedro Jatobá
Pedro Jatobá

Send a message via MSN to Pedro Jatobá Send a message via Skype™ to Pedro Jatobá
I'm in :P
Pedro Jatobá is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #3
liquidbear

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: i won second in the heat is on speed moddeling 
Total Awards: 2
im just finishing a free lance job this week so i think im in should get me warmed back up to challenges

DOM WAR THREAD PLEASE SUPPORT
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82649

THE MORE SUPPORT I GET THE MORE THE BANANA DANCES
liquidbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 02:37 PM   #4
Fleming
3D for fun!

Only the Church gateway or also the surrounding area (Bushes, container, house in the back, etc.)? I'll give it a shot
Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 03:00 PM   #5
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleming View Post
Only the Church gateway or also the surrounding area (Bushes, container, house in the back, etc.)? I'll give it a shot
just the gateway please
Old 19-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
The very best of luck to all who enter, it's doubtful i'll be entering as although i'm ok with the modelling aspect of things....getting this to look anywhere near the real thing texture wise I fail completely, i've always struggled with texturing.....and could do without the headache of UV mapping or learning it at the moment lol. The last challenge had some perfect entries, i'm sure this will too!
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 03:14 PM   #7
MStandar
Addicted to 3D

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 1st Place In PMC #29 Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place PMC #30 Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
Nice, i will give it a try and see what i can do, it will be my first texture work ever, but it it will defienetly be fun
MStandar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 04:50 PM   #8
Ospreyluvr

Sounds fun! Count me in!
Ospreyluvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 06:28 PM   #9
behemoth

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
I'm totally in I didn't even see these challenges on the forum. Otherwise, I would have done last weeks. Amen to that too because I was going outta my mind waiting for the next big challenge in June to come up :P
behemoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 06:30 PM   #10
behemoth

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
just curious, but am i suppose to just start a new thread here to build my wip like the other challenges, or is there somewhere else I'm suppose to post this.
Old 19-05-2010, 07:18 PM   #11
Fleming
3D for fun!

Tri's = polys? Or are tri's something else?
Fleming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-05-2010, 08:43 PM   #12
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleming View Post
Tri's = polys? Or are tri's something else?
Please someone else correct me if Im wrong it's been a few years since I was a 3d artist but a tri has 3 points and a poly can have many (3 or more), so you could say the limit for this is 2000 tris, or 2000 polys as long as they have 3 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
just curious, but am i suppose to just start a new thread here to build my wip like the other challenges, or is there somewhere else I'm suppose to post this.
everything in this thread please
Old 19-05-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
behemoth

Awards Showcase
Nope. A model's general size is weighted polys and tri's. Its fair to say that if you have a 10,000 poly model, that is a 5000 tri model. Just in whatever app you are using turn on the scene displays and there should be polygon count and tri count there for you.
Old 19-05-2010, 08:53 PM   #14
behemoth

Awards Showcase
Ahhh lol my mistake, I was thinking quad modeling in relation to tri modeling. Yeh my bad, polys can be any level of points. At least I'm thinking like a clean modeler lol.

Tom-3DT - Thanks muchly! So we basically just finish a complete WIP and post everything here. Sounds good!
Old 19-05-2010, 08:57 PM   #15
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by behemoth View Post
Tom-3DT - Thanks muchly! So we basically just finish a complete WIP and post everything here. Sounds good!
That's it...get going!!!