>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V
bottom-table-gradient

14211 rads test
Old 22-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #1
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons 
Total Awards: 3
Dominance War V - 3D - Cerdwin, God of earth - wil_himura

Hi!!

I'd like to introduce myself first, my name is Guillermo(lapsusmental over GameArtisans for this challenge), I'm from Spain and I'm a computer engineer who has always loved CG.
You can check my blog for some iPhone develepment content (http://lapsusmental.wordpress.com). But I've got no previous CG experience appart from reading all the tutorials, making of's and a lot of information and some unfinished attempts to learn the basics.

This is the attempt 1million on completing a full project so I just spect to finish on time. Wish me good luck

I still need to decide my God name since it's a mix of nature, hope, destiny and some how the One that takes care of us and looks after the survival of this planet but the closest and shortest description I can give is "God of Earth".

Background:

"During ages has been patiently looking at the humanity abuses, pretending that the respect for the living would eventually prevail but in a world at constant war and self destruction, The God can only foresee the total extermination. Attending to the prays of the human beings that suffer from those abuses and respect life, the God of mother earth rises against the ones that murder, and exploit any kind of living being.

Having the power of giving birth to all living beings from zero, it has the total control overe each element and two or more of them combined being able to unleash terrible and huge natural disasters and extingish life as well.

The Earth God won't show or take part on the natural cycle of life unless the humanity gets to a point where the divine intervention is needed to avoid the worst predictions to become true."

I'll try to post some sketches I draw the past days but as an introduction, it's going to be an almost naked female humanoid with probably lots of natural references all over her body suchs as mountains, trees, fire, water, lightningbolts and the sun itself.

Let's see if I can finish a 3d project for once in my life

Good luck to all of you who take part in the challenge and congratulations for all the great work you do every day. Following this forums for a few years already really has been inspiring.

Updates:

Blog

Last edited by wil_himura; 14-05-2011 at 12:05 AM..
wil_himura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2011, 10:54 AM   #2
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons 
This is just the concept, I don't want to put too much preasure on following a perfect workflow, just have fun while participating. That's why I decided to start a dynamic design stage within a sculpting tool.

This is not the very first sketch I made tho, at the 3rd one I decided I had a decent idea on mind.

It's going to be a hottie but each leg reflects mountains/rocks and trees/plants, the hair would be flames, the wings water etc.
I'm also thinking on a reptilian skin and the few cloths are made of leaves in some other concepts I draw. It's just that those patterns rather make the drawing dirty instead of clarifying the design.
The GoD can even enhance the sunlight and make it flow through the staff, awesome, uh?

I hope you like it!

Blog

Last edited by wil_himura; 24-03-2011 at 01:55 PM..
Old 22-03-2011, 11:10 AM   #3
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
A color scheme applied on the bus hehe

I didn't know Brushes was this powerful btw

Blog

Last edited by wil_himura; 24-03-2011 at 01:56 PM..
Old 22-03-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
I'll try sketching something half horse half human later... Could work.

front legs would be more 'rocky' and look alike elephant legs and the back ones could stay 'woody', more like an ent.

I find it hard to match the hot female torso with the beast bellow tho...
Old 22-03-2011, 05:00 PM   #5
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
I need to check this sketch' proportions. The head is too large, front legs should be stronger and maybe start closer to the female torso.
Yet I quite like the new base. With some jewels, clothes and texturing it might look good .. oh I'll add also the rocky and woody looks from the first sketch!

Blog

Old 22-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #6
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
That's got potential to be very cool if you mix in the really heavy elemental elephant like feet. With the horse feet, its kinda generic, but I think with the bigger feet, it can definitely start to be something much more interesting.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2011, 08:23 AM   #7
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Yesterday I started sculpting, just defining main forms by now!!

I'll focus on getting the horse&human anatomy right. Then I'll start mixing things like the rocks, trees, plants, different animal skins and try to get something that makes sense, heterogeneus and homogeneus at the same time should be the goal.

What I'm not sure about yet is weapons.. shall this nature God/Creature use weapons?

Sorry about the quality of the picture, I'll upload better ones at home tonight!

Blog

Old 24-03-2011, 08:36 AM   #8
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Some refferences!!

Final pose would show the GoD unleashing al of it's fury and I really like the way Avatar noses squize when they open their mouths. I like the nose in general:

For the horse I choose Percheron. Appart from being my fave horse, their powerfull body suits perfectly my purposes. Fat and strong legs in an arabian horse would look weird, but if I follow Percheron's anatomy, I think it can work.

Blog

Old 24-03-2011, 01:50 PM   #9
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
More references!!

Some ents for the wood extremities:

I like the natural and dark look of this one particularly

We'll see.

Thanks!

Blog
Old 25-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #10
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Hello!

I fear I need some opinions here, I've got some doubts on the size of the arms in my model. The idea of hiding the lower half of the model to adjust proportions just came to my mind, it would be easier to check arms size if I let the torso be the only visible part... I'll try that at home today.

I find them too small right now, but maybe because of the size of the whole model.

The status of the rest of the model is:
-Lower half needs some tweaking and some forms are yet to be totally defined, muscles and overall leg anatomy in order to be able to achieve the rocky look instead of a natural horse look.
-Head is yet TBD.
-I'll adjust the breast too, a little bit too booby
-The back muscles need some more rake and clay, tho they're not visible in this screenshot.

Please comment

Blog
Old 25-03-2011, 10:11 AM   #11
koyima

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached 
Total Awards: 1
in order to get an image out of zbrush you use the Export command under Document.

The sculpt is still rough to comment on, but the ideas you have look interesting, although I can't see where you are using the ents in the sketches.
Old 25-03-2011, 10:26 AM   #12
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Hey!

Thanks for replying!

It might sound weird, those are shots taken with my iPhone to quickly show my progress to a friend when we walk the dogs at night :P As soon as I finish with proportions I'll export some quality shots to have anatomical advice. I hope you are around in that moment to reply again!!

About the ent refs, I plan to make it's body a mixture of animal, wood, rock, fire and anything that fits well. I didn't sketch it all after my first sketch, I'll sculpt the horse legs or the human hands as if those were made of rock, wood. I've got doubts with the skin on the torso, maybe lizard, maybe feline, maybe human... We'll see!

Thanks!

Blog

Last edited by wil_himura; 25-03-2011 at 10:33 AM..
Old 25-03-2011, 01:35 PM   #13
newhere
Work, art and videogames

Send a message via AIM to newhere
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: or participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Guitar Hero / Rock Band'' 
Total Awards: 7
I could be wrong saying this but if you want to take good quality screen shots of your models hold down "ctrl" and press "prt sc" on your keyboard. after that, open up photoshop or paint and click paste to paste in in there so you can save it as a picture.
"Life is like a video game that you have to play seriously. You can't just push the start button if you fail and come back in with everything you know or everything you have gained over a period of time."
~Newhere~

Angel Mars (Nudity)
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=75414
Queen's Blade Vol. 12 ~ Cattleya
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=62172
Dominance War V - God Of Enlightenment:
http://forums.3dtotal.com/showthread.php?t=82875
newhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2011, 02:36 PM   #14
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Hehe I'll clarify the controversy about my screenshots, I'm a computer engineer with degrees in both copy-pasting and screenshot-taking

At home I think I don't see enough change or my model doesn't really deserve yet a screenshot on my wip post, It's just that I'm bored at the office and decide to upload my mobile photos to see what you guys have to say. So.... ok... I'll do quality screenshots today

Blog
Old 25-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #15
wil_himura
Noobie

Awards Showcase
Hi, as promised, some takes on the model:

Now, I think I've fixed proportions a bit. Let's start sculpting, first, basic shapes!!

Blog