|11-06-2007, 03:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Romania, Cluj
Thanked 185 Times in 158 Posts
Voice Actor Needed ( Male )
Hello. Since this is the Music section, I believe this would be the most appropriate place to post this.
I am working on TITAN II: The Hunters, sequel to last year's TITAN Genesis ( http://freespacefilms.wordpress.com/projects/titan/ ). For more information on the project progress, check the thread in the animation section ( in my signature ), or http://freespacefilms.wordpress.com .
The fact is that there are going to be more speaking characters in this animation, and I haven't so many voice actors.
What I need: ( if you fail at either of these, stop reading this post )
- a voice that can emulate an old admiral, in the service of a vast and powerful organization; try to think of Commander/Admiral William Adama from the new Battlestar Galactica series, or even Count Dooku from the Star Wars films; the voice needs to show military discipline, experience, but also great self-control and a subtle evilness to it;
- you will supply the recordings in as clean a manner as possible ( no background noise, no distorsions );
- good literate English/American accent, respecting phonetic laws, with a clear and crisp tone ( no jumbling vowels or eating up sounds in words );
What you get:
- fame and glory, as you will be added to the Voice cast of the film's credits ( last year's film gathered 300,000 downloads and who knows how many more views, so I'm expecting this one should easily top that );
- join in giving life to a science fiction universe, and voicing a character we hope to become memorable;
- last but not least, the knowledge of helping out a fellow member of the forums;
What I have the right to do ( cause I'm the king, that's why ):
- ask for 2-3 takes on each line you record ( cause some may sound better that others, and usually they do );
- in case something changes, ask for a re-recording of a particular line that needs to sound different, or that contains different text;
- if more people audition for the role, I need to choose one for it, no hard feelings; ( there may be extra lines needed for background chatter, so the cause isn't lost, and you still get in the credits if you agree to supply those lines )
What you need to do to audition:
- record this line ( as you see William Adama or Lord Dooku would do it - if you've never heard of them, God help you, and check Youtube or something ): "It is good to be here, councilor Athena. The attack on the Prometheus has indeed been brought to my attention. My fleet stands ready."
- you can try your hand at it 2-3 times, send all the takes to me;
- post a link to your uploaded .mp3 or .wav file, or email it to me at email@example.com ;
|Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|