Maxwell Render 1.7 is available today for existing customers and offers several new and vastly improved features including:
* A new Physical Sky system: several real-life, physically accurate parameters can be used to control the look of the sky and the resulting light in the scene, ranging from common Earth values to exaggerated fantasy skies.
* A new Sub-Surface Scattering component: SSS simulates the effect of light entering a translucent object and scattering inside it. Fully rewritten, the Maxwell SSS component follows an entirely new approach compared to the old system or to any other SSS system currently available.
* Enhancements in the Material Editor: incremental updates in the material preview, storing material swatches, new image controls, wizards, and more. An easier-to-use and faster Material Editor.
* Plug-in enhancements: all available plug-ins have been updated to ensure full compatibility with version 1.7, and have seen improvements and bug fixes.
* Improvements in Maxwell Studio: texture handling and memory optimizations, Realtime OpenGL preview of Physical Sky, improved material browser, and much more.
Maxwell Render 1.7 and the updated plug-ins are available for download from the customer download area. The public release of Maxwell Render 1.7 will take place some days after the client release, when the demo will be re-enabled so that non-clients can test drive the new version.
Now available for public download from http://www.maxwellrender.com/demo.php