>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > THE OLD THREEDY CHALLENGE FORUMS > AVATAR
bottom-table-gradient

Old 11-01-2009, 10:10 PM   #1
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Total Awards: 5

Hi all this is my first post here on THREEDY.

Story Concept
"My name is Zian Sen I am a member an intergalactic race called the Nebil T'Anul. Being a direct descendant of The Marthu (highly evolved Nebil T'Anul) I possess many of there abilities; intergalactic travel, shape-shifting, telekinesis and materialization to name a few. I was next inline to be the O'Crim (ruler) of my people. To become the O'Crim one must consume a great power source, completely draining it of all of it's power. So I set off on my intergalactic journey searching for such a power source. I consumed numerous planets, black holes and suns but non gave me what I was looking for. After searching for approximately 726 Earth years I found a massive gaseous sphere that radiated with immense power, the exact power that I have been searching for all this time. I started preparing the O'Crim Fanir (The Ruler's Touch) an ability that allows me to summon all of my Marthu power and transform by body into a vessel to contain the power of the gas giant. Before the ritual was completed I was severely injured by a cosmic anomaly. I fell to the planet and landed into a massive reservoir of saline solution that I later found out to be the Atlantic Ocean.

We Marthu are thought be completely emotionless carrying out our missions without wavering but the people of your planet intrigued me. I shape-shifted to blend in while I regained my O'Crim Fanir. After interacting with your people for 20 years I had totally forgotten my mission and became very fond of the Earthlings. I even went as far as to give myself an Earth name and start a family. In my mind everything was as it should be, the Earth is now my home. Until one day I came face to face with the dreaded Nebil T'Anul Parakeen a group of elite assassins that carry out there mission with ruthless abandon. With my family terrified and watching I hesitated to transform back into my original form but I had to shape-shift to be able to use my Marthu powers. My wife knew who I really was but my two sons and daughter had no idea what their father truly was, at least that's what I thought. After transforming into my original form I turned around to face my family and there standing with my wife was three Nebil T'Anul. My children I hid their abilities all this time but they weren't just regular Nebil T'Anul. All three had become Sensoul (Omnipotent ancestors of the Marthu) indicated by their brightly colored skin and the crystals on their foreheads.

Now the battle wages on. Will this spark an intergalactic world war with the Nebil T'Anul and if so are we prepared."

and that's my story

Here's a quick sketch of Zian Sen. The design will probably change a bit later in the sculpting process. Hopefully I'll have the time complete him.
C&C's are most welcome.

I know, I know it's a mewtwo/yoda hybrid

Last edited by zanman; 11-01-2009 at 10:18 PM..
zanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-01-2009, 05:31 AM   #2
zanman

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges #100: Hybrid Fusion Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Won on speed painting challanges Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Placed 3rd in the  
Finished the base mesh and started playing around with some quick sculpts, textures and materials. Probably going to revamp the design a bit more before I decide on final base.
Attached Images

Old 16-01-2009, 12:41 AM   #3
revanto

It's good to see someone actually get a nice solid piece done in 3d instead of lingering for days just trying to perfect a small part of their model. Well done and hope you keep things quick.

Cheers,
Revanto
revanto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 12:20 AM   #4
-IdanI-

Send a message via MSN to -IdanI-
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
love the idea man the alien is looking aewsome and i really like that nice fleshy part on the aliens chest. also regarding the color scheme i definatley think you should keep that darkish brown and yellow colors. keep up the awesome job.

cheers,
Idan
-IdanI- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2009, 02:05 AM   #5
AndrewQ

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #1 - 3rd Place 
Total Awards: 2
Wow, I'm really liking the yellow guy. I like the skull ridges, kinda reminds me of a pachycephalosaur.
AndrewQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2009, 07:37 PM   #6
zanman

Awards Showcase
revanto - Thanks... I had a pretty solid idea of what I wanted him to look like.
-Idani- - Thanks...Yeah I think I'm sticking with the brownish version.
AndrewQ - Now that you mention it, he does look like a pachycephalosaur (thanks google).
Old 19-01-2009, 07:43 PM   #7
zanman

Awards Showcase
Here's my final base mesh update.
Now I'm going to apply some of the elements from my test sculpt to the new mesh.
I'm still keeping the mustard/brownish skin tone
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 01:19 AM   #8
zanman

Awards Showcase
Sorry for the lack critiques and posts. My working computer hasn't been doing to well . This may be the final look before tomorrows deadline. I still need to add a few more things. Also I really wanted to detail the hands and lower half a bit more but looks like times running out. Anyways back to work Good luck everyone.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2009, 02:46 AM   #9
zanman

Awards Showcase
Ok I'm on Eastern time...and on my clock the deadline is tomorrow. Is that a problem?
Old 09-03-2009, 03:07 AM   #10
zanman

Awards Showcase
Well here's my final submission. Good luck everyone. Until next time
Attached Images

Old 09-03-2009, 09:30 PM   #11
mr_carl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
It looks great, the glowing eyes made a big difference, great work.
mr_carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 03:40 PM   #12
zanman

Awards Showcase
Thanks mr_carl...
I think I'm gonna go back later and polish it up a bit more. Retop it in Zbrush and export if for some animation. Also the back ground is really lacking so I may go all out with that...We'll see.
by the way the "goat of the earth" looks really cool. Your pre-vis was awesome. Good luck