>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > 3DTotal Products > BlueCherry:v1.0
bottom-table-gradient

Old 12-05-2007, 08:25 PM   #1
wadoman

BlueCherry Runtime error

Hello I purchased BlueCherry and installed it and im getting an error when I start up BlueCherry (Runtime error:Not creatable: Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion_base). Im using Max 9 with SP1 with Exstention1(Production Booster)
Thank you in advanced
wadoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:05 PM   #2
Mr. Bluesummers-3DT
Supplies Coordinator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The particles tutorial got plugged along the top bar. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 8
Quick Reply
How interesting! I can't say I've run into this problem before. Here at 3dTotal, we have tested our software on many systems with many installations of 3dsMax. I'm afraid I cannot think of a reason why your installation would not work.

I propose a test!
When you load max, and are looking at the main screen, you'll notice two small boxes on the lower left of the screen. One is pink, and the one below it is white.

In the pink box, please type the following verbatim:
Code:
ao_test = Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion__Base ()
It will try to create an ambient occlusion map and store it in a variable. If this works, you should see the following text appear in the white box:
Code:
Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion__base:Ambient/Reflective Occlusion (base) 

This problem is certainly confusing. Please let me know the results of that test. It will help in diagnosing where this problem is coming from!
Old 12-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #3
Jedipottsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy BlueSummers-3DT
Quick Reply
How interesting! I can't say I've run into this problem before. Here at 3dTotal, we have tested our software on many systems with many installations of 3dsMax. I'm afraid I cannot think of a reason why your installation would not work.

I propose a test!
When you load max, and are looking at the main screen, you'll notice two small boxes on the lower left of the screen. One is pink, and the one below it is white.

In the pink box, please type the following verbatim:
Code:
ao_test = Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion__Base ()
It will try to create an ambient occlusion map and store it in a variable. If this works, you should see the following text appear in the white box:
Code:
Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion__base:Ambient/Reflective Occlusion (base) 

This problem is certainly confusing. Please let me know the results of that test. It will help in diagnosing where this problem is coming from!
Code:
-- Runtime error: Not creatable: Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion__base
happens to me on both xp and vista machine. Xp is fresh 3ds max install with no other programs except sp1, sp2 and extension 1.
Jedipottsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 11:20 PM   #4
Mr. Bluesummers-3DT
Supplies Coordinator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: The particles tutorial got plugged along the top bar. Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
This isn't good at all. I've tested v1.5 on a fresh install of Max9 and it's working perfectly. I've double checked the Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion__base API and these commands are standard practice.

Jedi, you're on Max9 as well?
Old 12-05-2007, 11:34 PM   #5
Mr. Bluesummers-3DT
Supplies Coordinator

Awards Showcase
Quick Reply
I have replicated your situation exactly, except for one thing. I do not have an Autodesk subscription and therefore do not have access to the extension 1 package. I believe the problem may be in that arena, but I cannot test this without the software in question.

I suggest reading through the documentation that came with that expansion pack. If it altered mental ray APIs that's probably the source of the problem.

Please let me know of any other details that come up. Given this information, I've exhausted every venue available.
Old 14-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #6
rogerteddy

Same here

Must be an extension error.

best

rog!
rogerteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 06:18 AM   #7
Zaktal

Hi blueSummers-3DT,

Is it possible to put your bluecherry source code open to allow developpers to continue to develop your script for 3dsmax 2009 and 2010 release ?

Maybe give the code on GNU licence label (free and open)

Zak
Zaktal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
clappy71

Found a Fix!

Go to your Mental Ray folder in Max 2009 .

1) Open "Shaders Standard" folder. *****(before you do this make a copy of this folder because you have to alter a file and if things go screwy you have a backup version that works)

2) Open "Include"

3) Open "Base.mi" with notepad

Hit "ctrl f" and type in ambient occlusion to find it on the page.

You will notice that "Ambient_Reflective_Occlusion__Base" has been hidden.

4) Unhide it

5) Relaunch Max (you know have the new and the old version of the Ambient Reflective Occlusion shader and voila, Bluecherry works!

If your unsure of how to unhide MR shaders. Do a quick search on google and you will find. Specifically Jeff Pattons tutorials.

Last edited by clappy71; 15-07-2009 at 12:45 AM..
clappy71 is offline   Reply With Quote