>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > After the Smoke Clears - Jan 2010 > After the Smoke Clears - Digital Painting
bottom-table-gradient

Old 29-01-2010, 05:25 AM   #1
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' 
Total Awards: 2
Smile shanmatte30-Ghost Town

HI ALL...!

here i post one basic concept sketch... time is too short. but i wil try to give the best one from me.

yours comments and critics most welcome....

shanmatte30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 07:57 AM   #2
Fbios

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly January 2010 challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
Wow! That's great! I like perspective and the moon light.
Fbios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 08:29 AM   #3
Tarik2d

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: front page plug The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating a making of tutorial! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 1st place in coming of the ice lowpoly. 
Total Awards: 8
looks cool, maybe the bird is a bit big or in the wrong place for my liking, my eyes keep going back to it rather than the guy
Tarik2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2010, 01:39 PM   #4
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge ''The Lonely Soldier'' 
Smile

Thank you Fbios....

....and Tarik2d... i agree your point of view...

im going to correct it. but time is to shot. i will try.
Old 29-01-2010, 08:41 PM   #5
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
+1 about the bird. Like your left wolf + tree.
Hey, maybe you could use piece of tree from previous competition, (scale and darker) it's got same shape than this one and had nice details, it's just an idea.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-2010, 07:17 AM   #6
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
Smile

Thanks washka....sorry... i can't reply to you.

here i post some updates. but how can i finish thz.?
time is too short. i will try...

Old 31-01-2010, 08:38 AM   #7
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Maybe you also need some more light, your painting is really dark, I don't know if I can't see anything or if I'm blind.

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 31-01-2010, 09:03 AM   #8
chris_solo
looking for job...

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: won the 3dtotal T-shirt competition. Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a digital painting challenge ''Armageddon'' 
yes I agree with washka, a little more light would be welcome!
but otherwise very good job!
Old 31-01-2010, 03:06 PM   #9
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
Thank you washka and chris_solo.

here is one small update...
Old 31-01-2010, 03:17 PM   #10
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Better now!
[Edit]
How did the wolf managed to get there?

Last edited by washka; 31-01-2010 at 06:07 PM..
Old 01-02-2010, 04:30 PM   #11
Akim

Awards Showcase
Matte Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a matte painting challenge The Coming of Ice Challenge: Polar Colony Matte Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a matte painting challenge  
This is exactly how I imagine the "Ghost Town" image! Very illustrative work!
Akim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:13 AM   #12
shanmatte30

Awards Showcase
thank you Akim...