>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Prizes, Sponsors & General Discussion
bottom-table-gradient

Old 06-11-2009, 04:29 PM   #16
Nightsong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom-3DT View Post
Hi All,

Welcome to our new challenges, we plan to run a new themed challenge across the 5 disciplines each month. Sometimes they will be speed challenges, sometimes not but we will always aim to have exciting subjects, big prizes (and lots of small prizes giving everyone a chance to win something) and a variety of ways to enter allowing you to focus, improve your skills and have fun

Thanks all!

Tom
Heya!

I'm new around here, but the recent newsletter on challenges caught my eye -- I love challenges! I'm such a newbie to 3D that I know I haven't a chance, but the important thing is to try, right? And learn!

If it's ok, though, I've got a couple of questions: My instructors in school are pretty strict that "low poly" characters are ones under a thousand polygons. Is that the case here, or should another number be shot for? And is it ok to try for more than one discipline?

Thanks for any info! Totally awesome choice of a theme, there are so many things you can do with it!
Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
Maxx57

Excellent! I'm ready to roll up my sleeves and dig in. Love the look of the forums! Good job.
Maxx57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 08:07 PM   #18
gnome
Stray Soul

Send a message via ICQ to gnome Send a message via MSN to gnome
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed animation challenge ''Wrestling Move'' 
Total Awards: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightsong View Post
If it's ok, though, I've got a couple of questions: My instructors in school are pretty strict that "low poly" characters are ones under a thousand polygons. Is that the case here, or should another number be shot for? And is it ok to try for more than one discipline?
Hi Nightsong, welcome to the forums!

About the low-poly competition, the specs can vary between the competitions. Just have a look at the announcement thread for the competition. This month, the spec is 10k triangles maximum.

And yes, you can enter in more than one discipline.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:53 AM   #19
Nightsong

Thank you!!!
Nightsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #20
Resenhista

Send a message via MSN to Resenhista
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed painting challenge  
Total Awards: 3
I've been out of the forum a couple of months, and when I come back...wow!

Loved the new look, all seems to be much easier to find and walk around, and this new challenge mode is awesome! Thanks for taking the forum to a new whole and enjoying level 3DTotal staff! =D

http://resenhista.deviantart.com
Resenhista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 AM   #21
sagiarts

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of The Sculpting Challeng challenge the lost jungle:Female Amazon Warrior 
Total Awards: 2
Hi 3dtotal team congratulation for the new revamped look , the contest topic is great and the prizes are superb, but I have a question:
Is the same process of member voting is there ?because if it is same I am sure me and any new member is not going to win on get any position as if we see some last contest and the votings we can prominently see some few names voting each other and has been voted blindly may be by some other fictitious members.
I hereby request the team 3dtotal to keep a clean and transparent system of judging may be 50% by votes amd 50% by a jury of experts from the industry.
And please change this bar of 10hrs for speed-sculpting because I really doubt how many submissions are done truly following the time line or may be put some more transparent method of judging the timeline.
I know its easier to suggest then bringing the things in place but pls give it a tryu so we find more new people winning or getting at least remarks.
I apologize if I hav hurt anybody's feeling but I told what i felt.
Thanks All
sagiarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #22
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
i was only curious about 2 things in the prizes:

exclusion of dvd from 3d total shop
and a painting application in the speed painting challenges.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #23
mikeisninja
Ninja

Great work on the new look of the forums. Now ready for me to win this challenge?
mikeisninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2009, 11:03 PM   #24
redonix76
3DT 4 Life

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! 
Total Awards: 2
hey guys, great job on the new look. Great improvements overall. The on thing I'm concern about is that I feel like I'm loosing 8 hours because of the PST to GMT conversion. I wont be able to work on it at all Monday the 30th. Does anyone else feel like this will be an issue?

I can and will bust my ass trying to get this done by Sunday night the 29th but it sucks to not have that extra 8 hours on Monday. Oh well...

-Portfolio-
-DWV-
redonix76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2009, 05:30 AM   #25
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Sorry for the delay in answering questions, they must have been missed by the others and I have been away for 2 weeks

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagiarts View Post
Hi 3dtotal team congratulation for the new revamped look , the contest topic is great and the prizes are superb, but I have a question:
Is the same process of member voting is there ?because if it is same I am sure me and any new member is not going to win on get any position as if we see some last contest and the votings we can prominently see some few names voting each other and has been voted blindly may be by some other fictitious members.
I hereby request the team 3dtotal to keep a clean and transparent system of judging may be 50% by votes amd 50% by a jury of experts from the industry.
And please change this bar of 10hrs for speed-sculpting because I really doubt how many submissions are done truly following the time line or may be put some more transparent method of judging the timeline.
I know its easier to suggest then bringing the things in place but pls give it a tryu so we find more new people winning or getting at least remarks.
I apologize if I hav hurt anybody's feeling but I told what i felt.
Thanks All
We are planning the voting system now and it seems like our favourite method is indeed a split between some forum voting and then a panel to decide the overall positions, but as I say still to be decided 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
i was only curious about 2 things in the prizes:

exclusion of dvd from 3d total shop
and a painting application in the speed painting challenges.
Im not quite sure I follow, but some prizes will be changing each month and others will be offered in different categories too

Quote:
Originally Posted by redonix76 View Post
hey guys, great job on the new look. Great improvements overall. The on thing I'm concern about is that I feel like I'm loosing 8 hours because of the PST to GMT conversion. I wont be able to work on it at all Monday the 30th. Does anyone else feel like this will be an issue?

I can and will bust my ass trying to get this done by Sunday night the 29th but it sucks to not have that extra 8 hours on Monday. Oh well...
We have to have some global ending time and if it is the last hour of each month every time then it keeps things simpler. I appreciate the timing is unfortunate for you this month, sorry about that but I htink its best to stick with this system.

Thanks Tom
Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-11-2009, 08:18 AM   #26
pables
Modoler!

Send a message via MSN to pables
Awards Showcase
Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge No.057 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge ''Walk this way'' Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed Modelling Challenge #24  
Total Awards: 12
Hi Tom, just a question. When will be opened the Final submissions thread ? Because it's only 3 days to go. Maybe not all people can be connected to the forums day 30.

Edit:Ok, I've just seen that they are already opened, except speed modelling final submissions.

Last edited by pables; 27-11-2009 at 08:24 AM..
pables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #27
rocneasta

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
just an ordinary idea, would it be possible to compile in a pdr or similar the final entries or the winning ones at least - so we can have like an archive or all/winning work in one place - what galleries were used to be before, but now on a more higher scale.

hope it wouldn't be too much work
rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 06:21 PM   #28
Joseph Pomeisl

Send a message via MSN to Joseph Pomeisl
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: Created a model SDK and is sharing it with the forum, for free. Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
seems odd to have a coming soon beanner for the next challenge....with the subjects for each category. So it's a snow creature, eh? I'll get drawing.
Joseph Pomeisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2010, 12:09 AM   #29
leebingate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahuga View Post
Please do that

Could you make it so that the "3dtotal forums" text is a part of the link back to the main page. Cause right now it's just the logo. Just a minor fix (don't know anywhere else to post this)
Christ this all looks awsome .

Well done guys .......
now i just gotta decide what challenge to take on ...

Im sure were gonna be seeing some amazing art allround...

Forum is also looking super slick ......
leebingate is offline   Reply With Quote