>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Weekly Photo Modelling challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 26-05-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Total Awards: 5
Week #3 - The Tomb - High Poly

Hi everyone, this week we are sticking with the churchyard theme, and we have a very old tomb to model including vegetation!

This is the version without any poly or texture limits, please still keep them clean and economical where-ever possible as we would like the models to be donated to our free resource library wherever possible.

Here is the photo set

Please post your wire, clay, texture sheets and final render in this thread, wip and on topic chat is also fine here too, these challenges are supposed to be fun and we are not too strict on the rules. The only prizes are a gold, silver and bronze award handed out to both high and low poly versions each week.

Deadlines will be as always Midday GMT next wednesday

Also please note that one of the reasons for these challenges is to help grow our free resource libraries, so the model donations at some point in the future when our system is ready would make us very happy and give a new dimension to the free image library we are building up every week.
Attached Images

Tom-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
MutatedHelix

Send a message via MSN to MutatedHelix Send a message via Skype™ to MutatedHelix
Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd place in Weekly Photo Modelling challenge : Week #2 - Church Gateway - High Poly 
Total Awards: 1
Oh yesss! Whoop Whoop! Can't wait to get started! [^ _ ^]
MutatedHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 03:11 PM   #3
chichiri

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: rd Place in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 2
It's going to be a funny contest, but I've got a question: do we need to model the ivy wich is on the tomb?
chichiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2010, 03:26 PM   #4
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: On behalf of the Threedy Community for making such a brilliant site, and sticking with it. Kudos! Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For all your help and support and inspiring words. 
Quote:
Originally Posted by chichiri View Post
It's going to be a funny contest, but I've got a question: do we need to model the ivy wich is on the tomb?
if possible yes, the object is to get your model as close to the photo as you can.
Old 26-05-2010, 05:08 PM   #5
rocneasta

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge SMC #73 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
this is so not up my alley but one can only dare to try...
rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #6
chichiri

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: rd Place in the photo real challenge 
There isnt a lot of entrants . Here is my little entry, I know it isn't amazing but I wanted to post my work. I really enjoyed this challenge but I think next time I'll be in the low poly section. It's more funny when there is a lot of entries. So, I hope the next contest will be funny .
Attached Images

Old 02-06-2010, 10:57 AM   #7
MutatedHelix

Send a message via MSN to MutatedHelix Send a message via Skype™ to MutatedHelix
Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd place in Weekly Photo Modelling challenge : Week #2 - Church Gateway - High Poly 
Unfortunately I couldn't finish in time, I had to catch a flight home for vacation, hopefully I'll be ready for the next challenge. :/

Good work chichiri, I was confuzzled about modeling the detail on the sides of the Tomb, you pulled it off nicely!
MutatedHelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:56 AM   #8
Tom-3DT
aka 'nosewalker'

Awards Showcase
Well done on completing chichiri, that's a nice model even if yo haven't quite captured the one in the photo perfectly. Please claim your golden camera award!

I think we will start to run this challenge in just low poly only for a bit as it seems to be where people want to concentrate and as mentioned it's better to have just one stream with more entries. I'll get the new challenge up later today.

Many thanks

Tom
Old 02-06-2010, 12:56 PM   #9
chichiri

Awards Showcase
I think you're right, this week I'm in the low-poly contest.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:17 AM   #10
danielmn

Send a message via Skype™ to danielmn
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
If you give me a few hours tonight I whip this out. Sorry just got back into the thread

Portfolio at
Danielmn3d.Squarespace.com
danielmn is offline   Reply With Quote