>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > The Lost Jungle - April 2010 > The Lost Jungle - Speed Modelling
bottom-table-gradient

Old 26-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
pradeepanimax
Pradeep - 3D Artist

SMC#05 - Lost Jungle - Forgotten Retreat - Pradeep

Hi... i am very new to this forum and this is the first time i am participating in this kind of challenge... i need to thank the person who let me know abt it...

I chose, BUNKER, An underground desolated bunker concept... here i have attached the completed model with the beauty pass... need your comments plz...

For modeling i utilized the full time provided... i took much time to finalize the concept design and for texturing, lighting and rendering i took nearly a day...

Software used : 3DS Max n Vray
Time spent on modeling: 240 mins

Beauty Pass :

Clay Renders :

Clay renders with wireframe:

Wireframe viewport images :

Texture Test :

This is d render of d modeled scene with different texture set...

Before working on this bunker concept, i chose an exterior scene of desolated dwelling... but after modeling an hour i felt that scene requires more detailing and cant be finished in the time limit provided... below are some of those viewport images... eventhough i have not completed that, expecting suggestions for the concept...

The concept goes like this, a castle which is a part of rocky mountain, nearby located a temple which is separated from castle by a water stream and that water stream is used to actuate the gear mechanism installed in the castle through water mills... the mountain has several caves that connects the castle...

I am very poor in sketching and i think thats one among the reason for not continuing this concept... i couldnt able to make good reference sketches of ideas that strikes my mind... but for bunker, i did d sketches easily by projecting the 4 sides... And all the best for all the participants...

Thanks in advance,
Pradeep - 3D Artist
http://www.pradeepthe3dartist.blogspot.com/

Last edited by pradeepanimax; 26-04-2010 at 10:03 AM..
pradeepanimax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-04-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
chunkymunky
General Monkey

Send a message via MSN to chunkymunky
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
Oh wow that is amazing! Love it
chunkymunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
minknency

It was really amazing, I am really loving it. This bunker concept is really fantastic.Your sketching is really nice and I really like your concept amazing man.Your idea and your mind are really great.I really appreciate your idea.
minknency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:25 AM   #4
hadz

Send a message via MSN to hadz Send a message via Yahoo to hadz Send a message via Skype™ to hadz
Arrow nice

nice work keep up ..

HaDZ,,
hadz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:50 AM   #5
hadz

Send a message via MSN to hadz Send a message via Yahoo to hadz Send a message via Skype™ to hadz
hadz is offline   Reply With Quote