>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Dominance War V
bottom-table-gradient

Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 PM   #46
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Send a message via MSN to Neil_F01 Send a message via Skype™ to Neil_F01
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
where i think i'm trying to head with this model..
Attached Images

Neil_F01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:32 PM   #47
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
This armore concept sound an interesting idea imo!

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 07:34 PM   #48
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in speed painting challenge Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge #61 -  Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
he does look a bit more bad ass now.. you can kinda see what i wanna do with it..
Old 03-04-2011, 03:51 AM   #49
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
tomorrows task.. sculpt the arm...
Old 04-04-2011, 04:24 AM   #50
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
Unless each arm is going to be very different I wouldn't pose them yet. He is looking very soldier like not too god like at the moment try and push the topic a bit. Also his expression looks a little too happy. You may want to pull the corners of his mouth down a bit so it doesn't read as smiley, as well as furrow his brow a bit if your looking for the mean bad ass look.

here are some soldiers vs their Boss "god" counterparts.

http://suckerpunchcinema.com/main/wp...ster_small.jpg
vs
http://www.solarnavigator.net/films_...en_anguish.jpg

or

http://cynicwithagamepad.files.wordp...nside_imp1.jpg
vs
http://www.doom3.fre3.com/images/boss_cyberdemon.png
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 01:29 AM   #51
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
I disagree with your opinion... (yes he does look a little soldier like)... but still...

i disagree about the boss type thing..

god in all its power and glory right... could be the size of a lemming and still be all powerful.. why does a god need to be oversized... its all about the powers of the god rather than the size of the god..

for the best part of this.. i am trying to use this competition as an excuse to show that yep i have the skills that are required to do the job.. and also as an excuse to use new methods and learn new things and what not...

so yeah i agree that it does look soldier like.. but i disagree that it needs to be huge to be bad ass..
Old 05-04-2011, 02:31 AM   #52
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up 
Total Awards: 8
I think you missing my point. You don't need to make him "larger" Size is relative, epic is not. I revert to alien the queen was their god you can make her the same size as the average alien but she still reads god. To use your words push the Power and Glory. Really think about those terms and what those who worship him would find glorious and and powerful, and really push that with him.
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 06:25 AM   #53
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
yeah the story kinda behind this character in my mind.. is not that there are people following him.. as such.. preying to the god..

this is a god draws all its power from everyhting that is wrong in the world.. all those horrible things people do to each other..
Old 15-04-2011, 06:08 PM   #54
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
not sure i'm gonna make it.. this time... i've had some problems recently again with my mental health.. so its been a stuggle.. i would like to hope.. but hope is something that has left me.. so hmmm... anyway..
Old 15-04-2011, 06:41 PM   #55
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Keep at it man, this sure has potential!

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Greathulahuga! Thank you:
Neil_F01 (19-04-2011)
Old 03-06-2011, 04:12 PM   #56
Neil_F01
Neil_01

Awards Showcase
cheers dude.... i do like the idea.. but the comp is over.. i struggle with mental issues... that takes its toll... but i'm working my way to getting back on my feet... its a hard road.. but i'll get there if i keep trying i guess.. and if not.. at least i tried...