>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 24-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #706
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Can one of you try to look "globally" at the tentacles?
Try to "feel" those => Feedback is thanks.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-02-2012, 10:16 AM   #707
luffie
luffie

man... you could be a different version of giger..... everything are leaning to the creepy alien feel, and where giger is dark, yours is colorful. With the right direction and many practice, things could get really creepy!

My 2d ART THREAD "click here"

"Accept the reality, believe the impossible"
luffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatluffie! Thank you:
washka (03-03-2012)
Old 04-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #708
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Lill' pin-up, photo/color work, enjoy:
Attached Images

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 04-03-2012, 08:23 PM   #709
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Looking good man! You should continue with it a bit, see what you can come up with

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Greathulahuga! Thank you:
washka (18-03-2012)
Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 PM   #710
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Two brothers reviewed, I've advanced a bit on this one, arapa´ma scales:

Old version (2011):
Attached Images

Old 18-03-2012, 12:08 PM   #711
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
oooh like the female go on with that.
i was dizzied by the dots in the last piece but love the dragons.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Greataby arty! Thank you:
washka (18-03-2012)
Old 19-03-2012, 09:02 AM   #712
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
Not like you to add that level of detailing on your images Washka.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2012, 06:11 PM   #713
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Quote:
man... you could be a different version of giger..... everything are leaning to the creepy alien feel, and where giger is dark, yours is colorful. With the right direction and many practice, things could get really creepy!
24-02-2012 11:41 AM
I still got a looong way to go luffie.

I'm not Giger, this guy has opened some nice doors or he pushed those a bit more, and he's still keeping in while he's already got an amazing and impressive path.
For that, any artist that has seen his image can say: Thanks! Or: Respect!

Even if you don't agree with the content, with the image's purpose, creepy image are still creepy.
So the way you use has its importance, it has an impact on people, except blinded ones, you know that I'm sure.

Sometimes I should self-censorship more.

But I'm not sure I'll just walk the creepy way, I like it, but I even enjoy it more when it "feeds" the beauty one.
I think the process behind can repaid other process types.
In my case maybe it's colors, lighting or volume, I don't know.

We'll see in 10 years luffie, have fun on your chara way, your technique is already strong but you need more posing and anatomy practice! ;D

Quote:
Looking good man! You should continue with it a bit, see what you can come up with
I'll finish this one hula, it won't change a lot but it'll be hot, don't worry.

Quote:
oooh like the female go on with that.
i was dizzied by the dots in the last piece but love the dragons.
Colors aren't "entangled" enough and saturation is high and dots don't help in the process. Always care with your eyes with high color values, especially here.
Original image is quite big, and there is some blue dots onto the yellow dragon that mess with eye/brain support. I'll try to stabilize that, thanks for input that help aby!

Quote:
Not like you to add that level of detailing on your images Washka.
Arapaima picture for da scale Avatar. => Photo integration, bottom right part isn't integrated yet. But I'll even integrate more the "chest" part. Is it too visible?

Old 19-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #714
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
This one is a fast sketch I wanted to make in response to Avatar's funny ones, D&D players will understand, dice stuff...:
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #715
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase

Av => Photo ref for previous dragon scale:
Attached Images

Old 20-03-2012, 02:17 PM   #716
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
eh some one is ppositively following master feng zhu ? all photo textures and stuff hmm .
nice !! keep on going

i think you should do a draco were pyre next (wthout the dots of course,iam stil spinning like whiskied beyblade )

My 3D Thread
Old 20-03-2012, 07:47 PM   #717
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Cut it with some water aby!
A draco, hmm, what's pyre? After the water element, you mean Pyro for fire?
I'll have to find some inspiring fire picture then, maybe a "red" warrior (draco inspired).

Did you know that water was born from air and fire from earth? Or maybe it's the contrary, I don't know. ;D

Last edited by washka; 20-03-2012 at 07:50 PM..
Old 21-03-2012, 12:14 PM   #718
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
dracowerepyre is a mix of dragon werewolf and vampire

heres a image from one of the artix entertainment games.
http://jornaldoaqworlds.files.wordpr...cowerepyre.jpg

ur ideas are good too , maybe a pyromantress drinking from lava chalice

My 3D Thread
Old 26-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #719
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
dracowerepyre doesn't seem simple but maybe I'll find some inspiration for another style interpretation.

Quote:
maybe a pyromantress drinking from lava chalice
Like the idea, I'll get some lava for next one then aby, thanks!

Meanwhile some recent simple shapes experiment stuff (take three steps back ):
Attached Images

Old 24-04-2012, 08:47 AM   #720
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Calm days, light-color study and a lavamancer (Aby inspiration). For lavamancer the head is too big and I'll add some more details (Mali's trouble).

===> was done from ===>
Attached Images

Tags
illustration, nexus, painting, speedpainting, washka