>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 20-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #61
luffie
luffie

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
^^ oogle eyed over oodles of awesomeness . welcome back luffie
kinda jealous about these pieces watch your back for scorching rasengans

love the angel guy too spick and happening.
i have a question though, the last image how did you do the dress of azazel in previous version?

did u paint it flat frount and then moved it in perpective? or did u draw in perspective only?
if possible explain us wth a mini process.

i personally liked azazel in the previous version the current version got too much pink for my taste.

and the previous dress sooo epic i love it. you could have just made his weapon dual pike spear and added few lightenning flashes wth lesse dragon.
hehe no worries, my back can absorb chakra!

I did paint the dress in perspective straight away, didn't "warp" or distort it in anyway. No pencil sketch, straight into PS, which is not good in my opinion....

The pink flames i guess? The previous one is a little monotone, so i added a little purple tint, I guess the flames reflection amplified it. Many of my works has a bluish color scheme (like Redeemer, Blood Prince and Demonic Dragon), so i tot of trying something a little pink this time for variation hehehe but I am glad you like it anyway!

My 2d ART THREAD "click here"

"Accept the reality, believe the impossible"
luffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2012, 05:54 PM   #62
luffie
luffie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by aby arty View Post
^^ oogle eyed over oodles of awesomeness . welcome back luffie
kinda jealous about these pieces watch your back for scorching rasengans

love the angel guy too spick and happening.
i have a question though, the last image how did you do the dress of azazel in previous version?

did u paint it flat frount and then moved it in perpective? or did u draw in perspective only?
if possible explain us wth a mini process.

i personally liked azazel in the previous version the current version got too much pink for my taste.

and the previous dress sooo epic i love it. you could have just made his weapon dual pike spear and added few lightenning flashes wth lesse dragon.
On another note, maybe its really too pink.... i don't know how you see it in your monitor, looks fine in my laptop, but pretty ****ty from my desktop..... i really gotta check it out... -__-

Old 27-04-2012, 09:42 AM   #63
luffie
luffie

Thumbs up

It's been sometime since I post here, but I've returned with goodies

I present you Fulgrim, The Emperor's Children

Fulgrim, Emperor's beloved, artist of perfection.

This can be considered quite an old work, the sketch was done way back in 2010, I can't believe I only manage to finish it now, but thankfully, its done. The design was actually based on the Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy trading card game, they have a glimpse of Fulgrim in it. I like the design, yet I find the one on the cards are too simplistic, but obviously the design cannot be too intricate either as it was still on the 30k era. (Check the first page of this thread for the sketch!)

So I went to add a bit of extra flair too it, without going too intricate in details. I envisioned the Slaanesh blade myself as I have no reference. The weapon has its mark on it, and is emanating an eerie glow that is supposed to be Slaanesh's essence. The blade shouldn't look too demonic as well, as I'd like to think Fulgrim wouldn't exactly use an 'extremely' demonic sword, but he would definitely use a lavishly crafted one, so designing the balance between elegant and demonic was slightly tricky. By the way, on his left hip, there's a bolt pistol, for long distance attack just in case

Hope Games Workshop can hire me to do another Fulgrim, then I'll promise and do a legendary one

Old 28-04-2012, 08:20 AM   #64
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Aouch details. Hot stuff, you need to find a balance with all of those, focus!
Warhammer?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-2012, 07:29 PM   #65
luffie
luffie

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by washka View Post
Aouch details. Hot stuff, you need to find a balance with all of those, focus!
Warhammer?
Haha, he is the "focus". Yeah It's warhammer during the 30k era, awesome backstory for this character, this is before he fell from grace...

Old 29-04-2012, 01:30 AM   #66
Paper scratcher

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 4
What I think washka is trying to say is that details and colors are way too uniform and your eye can't focus on something important (like the face or at least the torso region). I'd like to add that to me the character looks too flat, not enough volumes and highlights. I find your detail work amazing but you could take this one step further and give it some volume and focus. You have a back light you don't use and a rim light would look great on him, the eagle shoulder pad is too flat and just sticks there, the blade of the sword looks too flat and slightly out of perspective near the guard. You could make this look grand, don't stop now.
"There will be a time when heroes will be diminished and the great glory of Man shall be just a dim star reflected in fading waters of time, when no life nor sacrifice shall be required for the honor of such title, but just the empty banner of a victory."

Locarn D'Arcy, Master Paladin, last Avatar
"Of Heroes and their passing"

www.avatarart.com
http://www.avatarart.com/shards/
Avatar-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 05:48 AM   #67
luffie
luffie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar-3DT View Post
What I think washka is trying to say is that details and colors are way too uniform and your eye can't focus on something important (like the face or at least the torso region). I'd like to add that to me the character looks too flat, not enough volumes and highlights. I find your detail work amazing but you could take this one step further and give it some volume and focus. You have a back light you don't use and a rim light would look great on him, the eagle shoulder pad is too flat and just sticks there, the blade of the sword looks too flat and slightly out of perspective near the guard. You could make this look grand, don't stop now.
Yup, makes some sense there, but I am moving on to next work first, its easier to improve through another new painting, perhaps when I am a clearer idea of the solution I will come back and fix it, but otherwise, keep on moving foward!!

ps:edited, made some rim lighting, volumes and darken the background, you can see obvious changes if you have downloaded e previous version and made comparisons

Last edited by luffie; 30-04-2012 at 07:07 AM..
Old 30-04-2012, 08:43 AM   #68
aby arty
loving...... Kerem Beyit

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
great stuff luffie though what you could do is :
1) raise the head a lil out of armor coz right now it appears tha his torso is bigger than his head. so keep the heads expossure in accordance to the shoulders and the shoulder pads.

2) as AV sir said lighting needs to be corrected the legs are too flat , and also when there buildings around there has to be a shadow from over head structures.

maybe you could make the golden eagle into a helm on his head or reduc it in size if u want to keep it on the torso

the green orb could use some glow like something magical right now its appering as a bulky gemstone. give more shine to it make it more reflective.

My 3D Thread
aby arty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-05-2012, 12:04 PM   #69
luffie
luffie

Lightbulb For the love of God Hand

Again its Femto, with Zodd the furry beast. I feel there is much improvement in this piece compared to the last, for one, it feels more creepy, evil and enigmatic, it is not overcrowded as well. This image is my take on Kentaro Miura's "berserk" tankabon/manga issue 34, and I think I did the picture justice. Femto design is based on my previous Femto art on page 4

Femto's pose was also changed a bit to convey action and some movement, but he is usually calm and poised, so there's a limit to what i can pose him. Zodd is pretty much the same, no change in overall design except for him showing some fangs to make him more ferocious, I also modified the fangs, the ones in manga are not the same. The empty space on top is for the title head. Click here for the version with titles [link]

Now, Femto demands that you spread the love/evil

Last edited by luffie; 31-05-2012 at 12:07 PM..
Old 31-05-2012, 04:31 PM   #70
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Total Awards: 5
Yeah, it looks a lot better now man. Better use of colors and contrast that doesn't look as garish now

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 10:23 AM   #71
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Sweet lighting. Interesting mood.

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!
Old 02-06-2012, 04:54 PM   #72
luffie
luffie

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hulahuga View Post
Yeah, it looks a lot better now man. Better use of colors and contrast that doesn't look as garish now
Thanks, i guess there's always improvements eh

And this is the wip image for it. I didn't save many iterations for it as the process is pretty straight foward, so I went on a painting most of it in just 2 session.

Old 14-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #73
luffie
luffie

Thumbs up

Well, I know I have been missing for way to long.... but I guess there's always redemption and I am redeeming myself by starting to post again -__- . And then, there's Flickr.... i realized since they changed their website, many of my images are not appearing, it's gonna be hell trying to get them right again from Flickr, so I am not trusting Flickr for posting images again

anyway to catch up on you guys, I am posting most of my recent works here, some are probably duplicates due to Flickr, so forgive me. If you like anything you se here or have any questions, just shoot

Femto and Zodd again, a reinterpretation of Berzerk cover volume 34

Just a random beast...

Inspired by Warhammer's Belakor from Fantasy Flight games by Adrian Smith.

This one got a Daily Deviation award, Redeemer Reborn

Azazel Unconquered, a repost due to Flickr

Fulgrim, with short hair...

And a mighty ancient Red Dragon, Ragorath.

Okay, should stop here for now, gonna post later, do leave some comments guys

Old 22-11-2013, 11:14 AM   #74
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Nice work! Finally!!!

Tags
angel, concept art, dragon, dream accent, luffie