>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 09-04-2012, 10:15 PM   #16
maio
Woop!

Send a message via MSN to maio
Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: war Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 2
thanks

strip is there for some fur ill be adding to the top
Old 10-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #17
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: war Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Normal bake test
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2012, 05:56 AM   #18
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
Pretty solid bake, keep us updated

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #19
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
early days but i wanted to show an update
Attached Images

Old 13-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #20
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Very nice painting!
MightyReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 11:50 PM   #21
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
righto going bed but another mini update

lookign quite dull right now, im just trying to get the shadows in really

i think (hope!) it will start to come alive when i start painting hilights and creating the metal surfaces
Attached Images

Old 14-04-2012, 12:16 AM   #22
setschaos
Is portfolio-less

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Give me some color variations and it will be golden before the metal's specular. Wu Kong is a melee fighter and that means he gets down and dirty. Let's see some fading on the colors of his outfit, some light soiling on the sole of his boots, make me believe he is a champion in the league of legends!

sell it baby!

Great work so far!
setschaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 03:09 AM   #23
BiG ToE-3DT
Reputation beyond repute

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: For being a totally count-on-able moderator, we proudly bestow upon you the Ultimate accolade that Threedy is capable of. Congratulations! :) Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason:  The Golden Grenade II: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War II and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in low poly challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
the style of texture is great.

"something wrongI think"
Threedy 4 Life
I hate Justin Bieber every day
BiG ToE-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #24
Jeebs

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 1
love the colors great work!
Jeebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 02:41 PM   #25
RHedendahl

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: creating the topology resource thread! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 3
My favorite, great work. Looking forward on seeing it with the highlights.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:20 AM   #26
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
Ahh thanks

im back to work now so progress will slow but ill get it done
Old 17-04-2012, 12:53 AM   #27
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
this is for tsabszy benefit, just crudely added the alpha planes thought he might wanna see what the space at the bottom of my uvs is for

ive half of the space left so ill either up the texture res of what ive added or use it for monkey fur

started work on the metal, effort so far mainly in the silver.... depesperately wanted to crop this so u didnt see the crude, scary "omg i hope i can pull this off" stage of the gold.... but then i thought you might find it interesting and/or amusing lol

gonna learn a tonne doing this

*bit of a small update now i look at it...ill be quiet till i have a bigger one next time lol*

bedtime!
Attached Images

Old 17-04-2012, 08:27 AM   #28
Torch

Very clean work and stylisation, looks great Only suggestion I would've made is to mirror some parts like the head to crank up texture res. Apart from that, awesome!

Last edited by Torch; 17-04-2012 at 08:30 AM..
Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-2012, 10:02 AM   #29
maio
Woop!

Awards Showcase
@ torch

thanks .... i ummed and arrred about the head, i wanted the hair to not be symmetricale and i didnt want a hairline seam so i decided on unique, ill just have to subtly add variance into the face to make it worth it for me
Old 17-04-2012, 12:55 PM   #30
strict9
xyz to uv YO

what ever you did, he looks awesome
strict9 is offline   Reply With Quote