>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #436
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
ooohhhhh me likey

Very nice dude, like how he is not a skeleton

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatRogerP! Thank you:
malo (11-04-2012)
Old 11-04-2012, 10:25 AM   #437
Fynn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mount Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 5
great executed
cant wait for your book!
Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatFynn! Thank you:
malo (11-04-2012)
Old 12-04-2012, 07:46 AM   #438
malo
malo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 18
@ xxxcubanxxx - thanks a bunch, mate! And gald you like the more human take on that "guy"

@ Fynn - Thanks a lot my friend!!! Will take a bit - but started to work on the "story" and the layout. But first - some commission which will pay the bills

This is an upcoming project I'll work on the next time. An eComic book - with roundabout 35 pages (yehaaaaaa )

I'm still in the conceptual phase and trying to find the style that fits the story and the mood.
I'll come up with some different takes for that page in the near future. So - stay tuned

Thanks for watching and C&C are always appreciated.
Best
malo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:37 PM   #439
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Total Awards: 2
Woooow I love those brushstrokes. This is a very nice illustration for a comic book page but I don't like those red and dark colors. Girl character sketch is very nice.
malo (12-04-2012)
Old 16-04-2012, 08:12 AM   #440
malo
malo

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
@ eydi - Thank you! Well - the color depending a bit on the story and the entire set up. May this will change during the pages

Not much of an update - just a simple portrait sketch. Still have to learn a lot, but slowly getting used to it.

Cheers

Old 16-04-2012, 12:57 PM   #441
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
hey . qool updates .
i like the previous chick where you can see the full bodie. looks realy great and i dig the style. as for the same comic chick close up - she looks king of strange - like she was high or ate so shrooms . and dont know if it's me or she realy looks like lady gaga . lol

as for the latest one - awesome one. i like her eyes .
do you use reference or is it all from your head?
Attached Images

paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatpaulius-st! Thank you:
malo (16-04-2012)
Old 16-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #442
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
yeah nice
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatneedse! Thank you:
malo (16-04-2012)
Old 17-04-2012, 02:49 PM   #443
malo
malo

Awards Showcase
@ pailius - AHHHHHHHHH!!! LOL. I laughed that loud… Thanks for liking it and thanks for that awesome paint over!! You talking about the cape-girl, right? Maybe I'll do some more full body chars soon. Sometimes I use refs - but mostly I start painting and try to see something and work my way through

@ needse - Thanks a lot, mate

OK - back to my comfort zone. Not sure if I push this further or if I like, but was quiet fun to paint on it.

Cheers

Old 17-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #444
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Total Awards: 3
This last one is really cool. The scale of that pillar of rock going upwards compared to the building, makes you wonder what the hell can be up there The colour palette is great as usual. I normally struggle trying to find the right colours for something. I think I have already asked you before, but how do you define the palette ? Do you follow any of the usual rules, do you set it at the beginning or decide as you go ? How do you pick colours in photoshop ? I always end up with not very interesting tones. Do you define the palette outside of photoshop and then import them ? (sorry, too many questions )

I like the face of the latest woman. I think her expression is fine. I am putting together a few things and hope to start a thread here soon. I have some faces, it will be good to see what you think

Last edited by ignacio197; 17-04-2012 at 05:06 PM..
ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatignacio197! Thank you:
malo (17-04-2012)
Old 17-04-2012, 10:05 PM   #445
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Very beautiful landscape you created here. Fantastic brushwork and colors. masterpiece
malo (18-04-2012)
Old 18-04-2012, 05:49 AM   #446
Fynn

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mount Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
superb as always!
Fynn is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatFynn! Thank you:
malo (18-04-2012)
Old 23-04-2012, 07:52 PM   #447
malo
malo

Awards Showcase
@ ignacio - Thanks a bunch my friend! Well - I start blocking in rough shape which basically have the colors I'm looking for. The rest of the additional color are happen mostly on the flow. I do use the color picker a lot and just change the saturation or the brightness. Another good way to get some nice shades of color is to use layers with soft light. I use a soft round ramp and play with the layer opacity of the layer. And my all time favorite - the COLOR BALANCE!! Such a great tool. I'm writing another Making Of for the awesome guys here at 3D total - and it will show some of my color techniques.
Would love to some face takes from you and waiting for your thread

@ eydi - THANKS SO MUCH!!!! BLUSH!!

@ Fynn - Thanks a lot, my friend!!!

OK - not much to post. Working on some commission stuff and I'm not able to show that atm. But…
did another test - and failed again. Seems that people didn't like my style or my style doesn't fit into the game industry.
Anyways - had a good time painting this images. And at least - something to post.
Hope you guys and gals like it anyways.
Cheers

Old 23-04-2012, 08:03 PM   #448
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Again, very beautiful work you created here Fantastic, I like your style a lot

Last edited by eydi; 23-04-2012 at 08:26 PM..
eydi is offline   Reply With Quote
Greateydi! Thank you:
malo (23-04-2012)
Old 24-04-2012, 05:39 AM   #449
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
Nice, I think you could play more with longer shadows there though, and move the highlights on the urns a bit more to the back perhaps...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Greathulahuga! Thank you:
malo (24-04-2012)
Old 25-04-2012, 09:15 AM   #450
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Total Awards: 3
I guess it would depend on what they are looking for. I dont think this one looks to far off from a game. It reminds me a bit of Prince of Persia Sorry, I cant point out anything wrong. If anything, it does look a bit abandoned, or at least not lived in. As usual I like the use of textures and colour. I have gathered now enough material, this weekend I will start my own thread to put up some stuff I have done over the past months.

Last edited by ignacio197; 25-04-2012 at 09:17 AM..
ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatignacio197! Thank you:
malo (25-04-2012)

Tags
character design, concept art, creature, environment art, illustration