>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > Off-Topic Discussion
bottom-table-gradient

Old 21-03-2012, 11:43 PM   #3886
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 5
Yeah for sure. I've seen them many times.
May have to check the games out then!

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 12:15 AM   #3887
Marty_McFly-3DT
THE Mad Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Marty_McFly-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I completely agree with inveni0!

Journey on the PS3 is amazing! I haven't played it for the past 6 days because there's a stupid trophy that requires you not to play for a week! It's been so hard to resist playing! It's so fun to fly around and help people find things they wouldn't find on their own. I have found everything and have the special white cloak that auto-fills your scarf when you land! I have everything there is to find, and yet still yearn to play. That's the mark of a good game to me!
Soon the world of 3D will belong to me!
Follow me on Twitter @McFlyGold
Marty_McFly-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 01:57 AM   #3888
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_McFly-3DT View Post
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but I completely agree with inveni0!

Journey on the PS3 is amazing! I haven't played it for the past 6 days because there's a stupid trophy that requires you not to play for a week! It's been so hard to resist playing! It's so fun to fly around and help people find things they wouldn't find on their own. I have found everything and have the special white cloak that auto-fills your scarf when you land! I have everything there is to find, and yet still yearn to play. That's the mark of a good game to me!
Yes, the white robe is awesome. And I still grab all the little white things as I go through... It's the coolest. It wasn't until after I got all the trophies that I realized there was no platinum, though.
Old 24-03-2012, 02:03 AM   #3889
Marty_McFly-3DT
THE Mad Moderator

Send a message via Yahoo to Marty_McFly-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Yeah, no Platinum in that one. I get to play tonight at about 11:30 to get my last trophy for waiting a week before playing the game again. Then 100%!
Soon the world of 3D will belong to me!
Follow me on Twitter @McFlyGold
Marty_McFly-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 12:45 PM   #3890
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty_McFly-3DT View Post
Yeah, no Platinum in that one. I get to play tonight at about 11:30 to get my last trophy for waiting a week before playing the game again. Then 100%!
I cheated on that one. I have no interest in playing mind games.
Old 24-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #3891
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
Journey would be the sole reason for me to get a PS3, it just looks so fantastic!

Right now I only have a PC (that can't play newer games ), I used to have an Xbox360 but it broke right after my guarantee ran out (strange huh?) and I don't have the money to get a new one.
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2012, 12:53 PM   #3892
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthJake View Post
Journey would be the sole reason for me to get a PS3, it just looks so fantastic!
That's like saying the only reason you'd buy a car is to play with the sunroof.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:29 PM   #3893
Psycho Mantis
R.I.P. James Gandolfini

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Mantis Send a message via MSN to Psycho Mantis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason:  Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For some brilliant comments on the Lara Thread. Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won in the SMC 34 - Mix Me Baby One More Time Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
started to play rage today. Its getting dark outside and i'm now in dead city. I consider to turn on some light...

Trollpost or GTFO!
Psycho Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #3894
hulahuga
Dr. Hula

Send a message via MSN to hulahuga Send a message via Skype™ to hulahuga
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
I was disappointed by Rage to PC actually. I liked the aesthetics and everything but the AI was so incredibly stupid that I just stopped playing, it didnt offer any real challenge or feeling, and the guns felt just as if I were playing Quake again, no recoil or anything of the sort...

Currently using: Maya - Mudbox - ZBrush - Photoshop

WIP
Hula's 2D Sketchbook http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=777808
Hula's 3D Sketchbox http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=76693
Hula and Waska's Joint Project Thread http://forums.3dtotal.com/p=792813
hulahuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 07:59 AM   #3895
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek Send a message via Skype™ to TekNeek
Started playing Darksiders: War a few weeks ago.

It's awesome!

And yeah, I'm far behind on gaming, apparently.

--Showreel--
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 10:14 AM   #3896
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Asura's Wrath arrive today, haven't had chance to play it yet though which is kind of a good thing because if the full game is anything like the demo they'll be a huge amount of button bashing! Too busy to play with client work, SMC's and a brand to iPad to play with.

Was consiodering getting the Devil May Cry HD trilogy anyone played it? any good?

Can't wait for Max Payne 3!
Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 11:04 PM   #3897
Aleks
Silky smooth

Send a message via ICQ to Aleks Send a message via MSN to Aleks
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target Reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My latest model got plugged. The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClassicGamer-3DT View Post

Can't wait for Max Payne 3!
+1. I pretty much don't play anything nowadays, but I'm definitely looking forward to this one. And GTAV. Rockstar is awesome
Old 15-04-2012, 10:50 PM   #3898
Psycho Mantis
R.I.P. James Gandolfini

Send a message via ICQ to Psycho Mantis Send a message via MSN to Psycho Mantis
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason:  Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: For some brilliant comments on the Lara Thread. Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Won in the SMC 34 - Mix Me Baby One More Time Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
hm well, i think rage is pretty fun. I like that its questbased and that you can have lots of fun as a single player. Its much more Entertaining than COD or MOH.

Im looking forward to Ghost Recon Future Soldier.

Trollpost or GTFO!
Psycho Mantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 12:05 AM   #3899
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
I find any game that gives you too much choice, boring.
Games with RPG elements bore me for this reason. I just can't get into them.
This includes games like GTA, Rage, and heck, I like racing games like Forza, but I never complete them.
If games have a structure, and a laid out plan that you can't really move from, I tend to complete, and enjoy them a lot more. Uncharted 3 was the last game I completed, and LOVED it, and its as linear as any other game I've completed.

I can't even explain why either.

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-04-2012, 01:19 AM   #3900
inveni0
Man of the Hour

Awards Showcase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage View Post
I find any game that gives you too much choice, boring.
Games with RPG elements bore me for this reason. I just can't get into them.
This includes games like GTA, Rage, and heck, I like racing games like Forza, but I never complete them.
If games have a structure, and a laid out plan that you can't really move from, I tend to complete, and enjoy them a lot more. Uncharted 3 was the last game I completed, and LOVED it, and its as linear as any other game I've completed.

I can't even explain why either.
I like both kinds. Even though Skyrim is riddled with problems (and Bethesda should be boycotted for shipping such an unpolished product), I still enjoyed the game. Uncharted is my favorite, too. But I find that I typically like any game that I can put down whenever I need to put it down and pick right back up later. I can literally save Skyrim in the middle of a fire spell and pick it up the next day. For a father of three young children, that's a pretty nice asset for a game.

Tags
*spoiler alert*, 360, alphabet soup, flower, god of war, josiahfails, killzone 2, kitty got wet, leroy jenkins, littlebigplanet, ps3, resistance 2, singloud, yeah