>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > General software and hardware help
bottom-table-gradient

Old 13-04-2012, 01:07 AM   #16
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
hmmm this looks very interesting

Autodesk 3ds Max 2013: HumanIK Interoperability with CAT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6CFmocxW8
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 11:35 AM   #17
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
just got demos of max and motion builder 2013 and that dosent work like in the video or im missing something

only seems to be one click operation if your cat rig is just the most basic rig

need to get this guy in motion builder so if anyone wants some work and knows how to get my bee character into motion builder so i can add some mocap data to him. give me a shout

Last edited by needse; 13-04-2012 at 02:23 PM..
Old 13-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #18
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
At a guess you'll need to go through the remapping/retargetting process . there's a pretty decent tutorial supplied i think (was on 2009) . Mb is pretty cool one you get used to it but unless you've got a shed load of mocap or a huge library to utilise i don't see much benefit over using max/maya and fbx

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/

Last edited by poopipe; 13-04-2012 at 04:22 PM..
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 04:27 PM   #19
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
ok cheers dude i will keep looking around for more info

ive gone through the remapping ect but there is loads more bones in the rig that in motion builder so it not linking up correctly. i know its just i dont know what im doing so ...lol

are you saying i could mocap this in max with out using motion builder ?

just it looked so simple here lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dr6CFmocxW8

it prob a 20 min job if ya know what ya doing i would rather just pay someone to do it

Last edited by needse; 13-04-2012 at 04:31 PM..
Old 13-04-2012, 05:27 PM   #20
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
good tut for remapping here = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zixv6mii8X0
Old 13-04-2012, 06:31 PM   #21
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
im a bit fuzzy tbh as i haven't done much with CAT since before softimage bought them out

biped does a very good job of retargetting mocap

if there's a straightforward way of getting biped motion onto a CAT rig then you're sorted.

Old 13-04-2012, 06:44 PM   #22
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
ok i will have a look at the biped route aswell cheers dude

ive got it half remapped now but ive got bones coming out of everywhere and my collar and chest bones aint having none of it lol

remapping a basic character aint hard but ive got tail/tentacles and wings giving me head ache now
Attached Images

Last edited by needse; 13-04-2012 at 06:52 PM..
Old 14-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #23
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
aha ive done it it was a long night but i done it

and do ya know what every time i post a job in the work section know one ever ******* replys don't you people think im gonna pay or somein

Last edited by needse; 14-04-2012 at 12:55 PM..
Old 14-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #24
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
the proof is in the pudding

still got to fiqure out how to link the face rig to the head though
Attached Images

Old 14-04-2012, 02:07 PM   #25
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
get it all back to the bind pose - put a point helper/dummy/bone/whatever above the face rig in the hierarchy and link it to the head. job done.

having that extra node in the chain will make it a lot easier to change stuff later, trust me

Old 14-04-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
also got me kinect linked up to motion builder now
Old 14-04-2012, 03:38 PM   #27
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
so i setup my rig in mb without the face rig then import my mocaps back into max and capture the aniamtion back onto the original rig than maybe the face rig will already be attached ?

Last edited by needse; 14-04-2012 at 03:52 PM..
Old 14-04-2012, 05:36 PM   #28
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
couple of tests here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8R-p...ature=youtu.be
Old 14-04-2012, 06:37 PM   #29
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
right sussed it out now
what i did was export the body rig only and put it in mb added some mocap the exported the rig again back in to max as fbx
under include rollout i selected update animation only objects of same name
Attached Images

Old 14-04-2012, 09:20 PM   #30
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Awards Showcase
lasat update on the rig on this thread im gonna start posting all this stuff on my organics thread now ( not that anyones intrested in my bee project lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqY4l...ature=youtu.be

thread dead

Last edited by needse; 14-04-2012 at 09:32 PM..