>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > General software and hardware help
bottom-table-gradient

Old 13-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #1
larte

Lightbulb GoZ plugin for Zbrush - WEIRD ARTIFACTS PROBLEM

Hi to all!
Anybody had the same problem with GoZ plugin for Zbrush?

This is how my model looks like back in zbrush after retop in Maya. Have no clue what to do.
It happens around the edges of the holes.

I have 7 sub levels and want to keep at least 4.

Last edited by larte; 13-04-2012 at 07:48 PM.. Reason: more information added
larte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-04-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
it looks like the projection it does is wonky

try filling the holes?

also - make sure Maya hasn't completely raped your model (ie. cleanup, reset your transforms, say the appropriate prayer to the god of crap poly modelling toolsets etc.

GoZ is nothing but trouble in my experience. I just go to obj and project my sculpt (which is a bit shonky in zb4 imo) - that way you can tweak your projection settings til it looks right

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 12:24 AM   #3
larte

Unhappy ok...

I tried filling the holes in Maya still weird artefacts on the edges that do not egzist anymore, jus in a different shapes, modificating a bit topology near by.

yep cleanup, reset history blah blah done

Yep i can make projection, but im hoping not to. its all about saving time in the future.

any other ideas?
Old 14-04-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
Well no, not really. it looks like either a projection error or goz going wrong.

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #5
larte

Lightbulb yep

I agree that it is a projection error, because when i import the model into zbrush it projects new topology into 6 higher subdivision levels. this is where the things go wrong. every higher level make more 'origami' disturbsions, when the 1 sub level looks fine.
it might be Goz issue, but i want to believe that is not. the GoZ tool is amazing, hopefully it works fine, and its just me who don't know how to use it.

caman. the ability to change topology while u work on 7 sub levels. i want to believe that it works. good dam awesome.

Tags
goz, import, problem, zbrush