>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'
bottom-table-gradient

Old 14-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #1
josh_sg1

The Steam House

Hey Everyone.

I am working on The Steam House. It is a Concept by a Artist Oscar Casaro. I am developing it for a Game Project and would like to buy the rights from the Artist for Selling the Models.

Intro:
I am Josh_sg1 the actual Josh_sg1. Posers are annoying.
I do 3d CG Artwork as a Hobbie I suck at it though I am a Amateur. I work completely in Sketchup and Vray for Sketchup. I do all the textures with cgtextures.com/ I do some modeling for Sci Fi with 3dtotal Textures though cgtextures if I am selling the models.

The Steam House Notes:
I am doing everything in poly groups so the model is a lot of different models. I can make them animate great with Physics in a Game Engine and a Cinematic. The model I am modeling the Interior also.

The Steam House Concept:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_88OmWv7Y2G.../casarobot.jpg

Pictures of WIP.

Attached Images

Last edited by josh_sg1; 14-04-2012 at 01:09 AM..
josh_sg1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Off to a good start modelling wise but I'm not convinced about textures (especially wood).

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-04-2012, 08:25 AM   #3
josh_sg1

I like the comments. I can work on the txtures its something to work with.

I think mostly the top area is metal and the window areas on there are wood yes. If you think any of that metal texture is a wood texture I think I need a different metal texture, yes, its not a great texture for wood lol.

I like the critique a lot and you posting about it makes me actually think about making it different.

Actually thats just a paste texture for a metal texture and I notice that and here I modeled the wood as a 3d model.

Old 16-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #4
omessler
omessler

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
i love the reference
omessler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 07:07 AM   #5
josh_sg1

Hey People.

There are details not of the Exterior that are needed though they are just details and it is something to work with.

I am working on the interior as the exterior is complete. The Exterior is something to work with as it is just mostly all of the models are modeled they are not great though they are there so if I would like I can make more detailed models of all of them. In the game they are all for in the game menu shop if you buy something like this from the shop you can pay for all of the models to mount on to it and different interior etc.. This is something to work with.

Game Information:
All the models and styles in the game are Steam Punk, Diesel Punk, Oil Punk, Nuke Punk, Electric, Modern, and Sci Fi. All of them are for a game PUYA 3d. The Steam Punk is the simple items to buy and find, and design, and the more extreme items are Sci Fi etc... There would need to get a design of the Steam House for all Styles. This is just for the Steam Punk Style and if Invested in we would design all of them.

Post some critique I like to know what you think about this.
Old 24-04-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Franan
Now in Barcelona

Beautiful reference and model.
But that textures.... can be improved.

Regards
Franan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
xtrm3d
polygon herder

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 2
cool design .. really like the ""technical drawings ""
xtrm3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #8
josh_sg1

There are details more to models and the textures are a lot of work as I do not know how to get them great on Vray though I can work on it.

Old 28-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
dantrodgers

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 4
absolutely love this
Old 01-05-2012, 02:01 AM   #10
josh_sg1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantrodgers View Post
absolutely love this
I like that you like it. Is there anything you do not think is great that?