>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 12-04-2012, 12:06 PM   #1
fpatrocinio

Illustrations

Hi

I've done these illustrations for my portfolio and would like some feedback on them

http://www.behance.net/gallery/Illus...-my-CV/2604933

Cheers

Attached Images

Old 13-04-2012, 07:51 PM   #2
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
it's very hard to tell whether you've drawn anything or just bashed a photo with a bunch of filters - this is fine for background stuff on a site so i guess you're fine but if you're planning on pimping yourself as an illustrator or concept artist you'll be wanting to add some definite proof that you can draw

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 02:22 PM   #3
fpatrocinio

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopipe View Post
it's very hard to tell whether you've drawn anything or just bashed a photo with a bunch of filters - this is fine for background stuff on a site so i guess you're fine but if you're planning on pimping yourself as an illustrator or concept artist you'll be wanting to add some definite proof that you can draw
Hi

What i did was a kind of grunge illustration, and didn't just bashed a photo with a bunch of filters, if there is any filter on these illustrations is a Gaussian Blur.
These are illustrations to be as background for the information on my CV, i have other illustrations that can show my work.
Old 14-04-2012, 05:18 PM   #4
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
Then all is good. they look good, just arent much of an advert on their own...

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-04-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
fpatrocinio

Quote:
Originally Posted by poopipe View Post
Then all is good. they look good, just arent much of an advert on their own...

Cool

Tags
illustration, photoshop