>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Game Art Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 30-04-2012, 12:28 PM   #16
agoliversen

Awards Showcase
Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Fan Art 
Total Awards: 1
1. maio
2. Jeebs
3.JonThomas3d

Well done everyone!
agoliversen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 01:04 PM   #17
JonThomas3d

Awards Showcase
Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 1
1 maio
2jeebs
3 bigtoe

good work guys all look great
JonThomas3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 01:08 PM   #18
MightyReg
Artist In Progress

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Total Awards: 2
1. maio
2. Jeebs
2. JonThomas 3D

maio and Jeebs are very close, they have equally good texture painting skills but I ended up choosing maio since his materials looks very good, jeebs texture could have use a bit of specular
MightyReg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 07:38 PM   #19
rockafella06
3D Artist

1. maio
2. JonThomas 3D
3. Jeebs

Some great work

searching for the perfect wire
rockafella06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 11:14 PM   #20
Kaiune3D
Available for freelance

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: old school challenge Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: wasteland Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: good vs evil Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: mount up Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up 
Total Awards: 8
1. maio
2. Jeebs
3. JonThomas3d
Kaiune3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2012, 11:44 PM   #21
needse
scottneeds@live.com

Send a message via Skype™ to needse
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! 
Total Awards: 4
maio
jeeps
jt
needse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #22
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
I won't vote but lot's of good stuff/work here, congrats!

[Edit] Ok changed my mind (disruptive telepathy), I'll:

1. Jeebs
2. maio
3. BiG ToE-3DT

And there's nicez tittays on the sculpting one, clearly. 3DTotal should make the triple T medal for those, the 3T reward. Bad idea?

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 01-05-2012 at 07:10 PM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #23
tsabszy
Csaba Baity

Send a message via MSN to tsabszy Send a message via Skype™ to tsabszy
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason:  
1. maio
2. Jeebs
3. JonThomas3d
tsabszy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #24
NinthJake
The Ninth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool design for 3DTotal website 
Total Awards: 3
1. Maio (I have an undying love for hand-painted textures)
2. Jeebs (I'm really jealous of that bake)
3. BiG ToE-3DT (I've watched Ghost in the Shell and I can say that I prefer Motoko with a normal-sized head but it is a really great model non the less )
NinthJake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #25
Peas

Awards Showcase
Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 3
voting

1. Maio - I am really interested in texturing technique.
2. Jeebs - Pretty nice armor.
3. JonThomas3D - I like your rare look of Hulk.
Peas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 10:01 AM   #26
maio
Woop!

Send a message via MSN to maio
Awards Showcase
The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: war Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
Ill write up a really quick overview of how i used the information from my normal maps to give me my headstart in texturing if its of any use to you lot

its a powerful cheat so use with care
Fynn (03-05-2012), MightyReg (03-05-2012), NinthJake (06-05-2012), setschaos (04-05-2012)
Old 03-05-2012, 06:59 PM   #27
Vitrux
Victoria Passariello

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: I Got the second place on Speed Challenge  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 11
1. maio
2. Jeebs
3. JonThomas3d
Vitrux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:49 PM   #28
Warlock 279
Stealing your polygons!

Send a message via AIM to Warlock 279 Send a message via Yahoo to Warlock 279
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: arget reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! The Golden Grenade IV: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War IV and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Washed Up Super Hero'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a low poly challenge ''Animal Warrior'' Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: second place in low poly challenge  
Total Awards: 9
1] Maio - Dig the style, well executed, well polished. Kinda wanna see it with a spec map tho. Nice work.

2] Jeebs - Excellent sculpt, and fantastic transition from the high poly to the low poly. Textures feel a little too simple for my taste tho. I'd like to see a little more depth/variation in the hues on the skin rather than just value changes, maybe a mix of gold and blue for the armor trim rather than just solid blue would make that pop a little more as well. Really like the character design, very cool stuff.

3] JonThomas3D - The upper body looks great, but those sandals are killing it. You've got too much of the underneath leg structure and texture even carrying over to he straps themselves, and they don't dig into the leg anywhere near enough to warrant that. The face is great tho, lots of character in that. Good work.

* Lightwave * User
Warlock 279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:05 AM   #29
bggeneral

Send a message via Skype™ to bggeneral
1. maio

2. Jeebs

3. BiG ToE-3DT
bggeneral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 05:00 PM   #30
living_for_cg
Motion

Send a message via Yahoo to living_for_cg
Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: fan art 
1.maio
2.Jeebs
3.JonThomas3d