>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 2D, traditional art and photography gallery
bottom-table-gradient

Old 30-04-2012, 09:47 PM   #1
fernandoissamo

Fernando Issamo Skeetchbook

Hey guys,

My name is Fernando Issamo, those days I've doing one skeetch per day and would like to share it here, my ideia is do one skeetch per day during one year i started this "challenge" 26/04.
I will try to post every day, so keep your eye here ;D
Cheers
Fernando
Attached Images

fernandoissamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
fernandoissamo

Today's skeetch

Cheers

FI
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #3
ignacio197
ignacio197

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Gold: Winner of a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: Zombie 
Total Awards: 3
I like your creatures. The textures are good. They remind me a lot of some of the images you can see in Malo´s thread, I dont know if you know them. Keep posting
ignacio197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 09:05 PM   #4
fernandoissamo

ignacio197- Thanks bro, sorry i dont know him.

So hey guys whats up..

This time i made one timesplace showing just a little bit of “behind the scenes” for me is a real challenge to made one skeetch per day and i’m learning a lot i will try to do more breakdowns for showing the processs behind my skeetches.
So, today I will talk a little how I created today’s skeetch. In the begining I hadn’t has a first inicial ideia or shape in my mind or what suposed to do, I just have been established one tecnical concept in my mind, just use one type of brush, the custom circular one, if you wondering I will aswer that, many people belive that brushes in PS make miracles or cant draw or painting becouse they dont have the “right” or the “amazzing” brush that I have or the others artist’s libraries brushes, some of the brushes that i made are rly good but they dont make miracles remember photoshop is just a tool you need to learn how to paint, for me stablishing some kind of this abstract’s concept in my mind is good becouse for me is not only the design but questions and problems for me to resolve like values, edges etcs is not only the design.
So in this skeetch I just block-it some very abstract “face”, when i saw this “face” came in my mind some kind of “animal thing” or beast or something like that and the first ideia of horseman came, in that stage i didn’t worried about details just the planes of topografy of my creature, i’m just trying to “find something”.
The next stage for me is light, light is the most important thing for me, I’m aways thinking in light and how it’s reacting in topografy of the face and the big masses and etcs, after establishing a very good and solid base with light i start to divide more the information in small pieces and start to think more in concept features like how that creature talks, or he can talk or if he can talk! I try to create some history behind that, thinking in the real world how that creature will look like or how it express youserlf etcs.
In the 4th image I taught not to do one more face for the skeetch, this time i would like to do more than the face, so i blocked the torso.
My next step is, gess what it is.... and the right answer is light! Yeah light, light and light, so i need to stablish the light in the body and i just keep it on fixing the light and the values.
So that it is, this was a little of the process behind this image and was a very quick breakdown just showing a little of the process.
So the challenge for me is going and keep your eye here to see more.
Cheers

FInal image:

Fernando Issamo
Old 02-05-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
your paintings are as great as your sculpts .
thanks for the little making of and a little phylosophie of painting.
i see you're style is strongly influenced by Alex Oliver and Anthony Jones and i like it . but all of your works needs this little kick by giving all your sculpts and drawings some subtile detailing. this would push all of your works to another level
ceep it up. will be waiting for more tommorrow

Last edited by paulius-st; 02-05-2012 at 09:51 PM..
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #6
fernandoissamo

paulius-st - Thanks for the tips and critics

Today's sketch.
-FI-
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2012, 10:47 PM   #7
fernandoissamo

Todays sketch

-FI-

Old 05-05-2012, 10:50 PM   #8
fernandoissamo

Today's sketch
-FI-
Attached Images

Old 07-05-2012, 01:55 AM   #9
fernandoissamo

Todays'sketch
Cheers

Fernando Issamo

Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #10
washka
(Oo)

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Grenade V: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: For participating in the Dominance War V and successfully finishing, well done soldier! Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge ''Revenge'' 
Total Awards: 6
Like the last one (for originality), you could mix it/blend it with the last one of first serie (last open mouth on first post)

You should try to push #7 (that's quite low imo but differ from the rest) to see what is coming out from it. Maybe erase top of the horns and work chin/neck part.

Technique is quite mature but about the quite "Classic" inspiration maybe you could go scout "out of da big highway" (I mean the stylistic brainwashing one) a bit , but keep it up!

Hope to see more.

Member initiate of the very secret splotcher congregation...

If you really like what you do, you can make marvellous things, if you don't: use your eraser and take a breath!

Last edited by washka; 07-05-2012 at 11:08 AM..
washka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #11
fernandoissamo

washka- thanks a lot man.

Today's sketch

Cheers

-FI-

Old 09-05-2012, 01:46 AM   #12
fernandoissamo

codeplus- Thanks a lot bro

Today's sketch