Are you passionate about video games? Do you want to keep progressing in an exciting, young and dynamic environment? Gameloft is currently seeking a UI Ergonomics Designer (Web Applications and Social APIs) to join our production teams in Montreal.
Gameloft is an international developer and publisher of video games for mobile phones and consoles. Founded in 1999 and currently a leader in its sector, Gameloft distributes its games in over 75 countries. www.gameloft.com
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Reporting to the Art Director, the successful candidate will be responsible for studying the ergonomics and interface design for social web and smartphone applications and internal communication tools.
- Your knowledge of ergonomics allows you to conceptualize and produce interfaces for software and social networking applications, as well as smartphone interfaces for info and news.
- Your skills allow you to offer solutions that are intuitive (ergonomics), functional (architecture) and aesthetically pleasing (design).
- You must have a passion for websites with added graphical value and you must visit forums dedicated to web/app interface design, icon design and multimedia page layout on a daily basis.
- Your graphical/ergonomic standards allow you to create graphical combinations that are contemporary and trendy.
- You are able to create pictograms, icons, buttons and their effects, and you have skills in multimedia page layout and associated typesetting choices.
- You must have expert knowledge in Photoshop and Illustrator. Knowledge of InDesign is an asset.
- Knowledge of after-effects and 3D is an asset.
- Solid experience in web and/or multimedia design
- Knowledge of various web and smartphone application types
- Able to produce material in line with current trends
- Comfortable taking initiative in terms of graphics, brainstorming, research, and suggesting graphical and ergonomic trends
- Expert knowledge in Illustrator
- Proactive and able to work independently
- Able to work in a team
- Very good general knowledge of graphical trends and particularly web design and social networking applications (TV, web, video games, professional applications, etc.).
- Portfolio showing your sense of artistry and polished execution
- Experience in a web/multimedia agency is a must
- Good English skills
- Finesse and very good quality of work are essentia
- Open work environment with young, dynamic teams around the world
- Salary based on experience and merit
- Permanent, full-time contract and salary-raise system based on merit
- Possibility of relocation
In order for us to consider your application, please send your portfolio or samples of your work (demos, animations, images, websites, etc.). Please indicate the address of your website and portfolio if you have one.
Please send your CV, cover letter and portfolio to the following address:
Only retained candidates will be contacted. Your CV will be saved in our files for a period of 6 months. Thank you for your interest in Gameloft.