>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Challenges! Massive Monthly Competitions! > Stylized Challenge
bottom-table-gradient

Old 23-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
pavolsvk

Send a message via Skype™ to pavolsvk
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Pavolsvk- Stylized Challenge #07 - Let 'em play

Hello guys,
im joining little late here i know, but i wasn't sure if ill be able to complete it. Im still not sure, but i found out that if i wont start the thread, i wont be modeling so much, when others see im in, its kinda motivation for me

My idea was to create zombie guy playing some game. So instead of killing real people, there are NPCs. So literally, gaming saves lifes

Here is what i got so far:

Im not sure about the texturing, i dont wanna sculpt very much, so i think that the scars ets will be done by texturing, what do you thing?
And do you have any tips about SSS shaders to look zombie-ish? Cause im playing with it right now and cant find the way.
C&C are wlcome!!!!

pavolsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
z4noni
Eric Zanoni

Send a message via MSN to z4noni
I think your idea is very interesting..A zombie playing as a zombie is kind of recursive... crazy man! =)

I liked the style of your zombie guy, keep going
z4noni is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatz4noni! Thank you:
pavolsvk (27-10-2012)
Old 01-11-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
This zombie stuff is harder than it seems I was working on it...went through several versions..but didnt like any...This is what i came up with after such a long time... Luckily i saw a graph showing, that when you feel depressed with your work, the progress is near So i may be better next time Ill try to do something with this till the deadline...hope ill find something interesting..i would welcome any tips, thanks.

Old 04-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #4
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
I ve spent some time trying to fix it...i think its a little better (hope so)

Last edited by pavolsvk; 04-11-2012 at 06:09 PM..
Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
Robbert543
Mental Raytard

Send a message via MSN to Robbert543 Send a message via Skype™ to Robbert543
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge 
Total Awards: 3
It's a nice idea!

But the textures on the hands are quite low.. Especially since they are close to the camera.

I also think the sunglasses are too small for his face.
Did you also model his ears? Because the headphones seem a little too high up his head

liking and sharing my Facebook Page!
..and checking out my Portfolio!
Robbert543 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:18 PM   #6
pavolsvk

Awards Showcase
Hands are blurred cause there is DoF (maybe too much? ) I didnt model the ears Good spot there, i didnt notice the headphones should be lower, thanks for comment.