>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > CG Chat
bottom-table-gradient

Old 09-05-2012, 09:59 AM   #1
El Hacedor

Unhappy Looking for inspiration

Hi,

I'm posting here because I am looking for inspirational stuff. I am stuck. I'd like to start a new 3D project and this time complete it fully. I've started a couple of modelisations in 3dsmax but never really finished one. I think the problem is that all the projects I did were not really as exciting as I wished from the start. So I always stop in the middle of the WIP or quickly skip to the final touches though the foundations aren't even good. I did make some tutorials but after a while I'd like to develop more personal works. Maybe my problem is being to judgemental... dunno.
So I was wondering if someone could point at me some websites where I could find inspiration or if someone had drawings, paintings I could start from. Or just some advice.

Cheers
El Hacedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #2
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
Depends on what motivates you really, but if you have an interest in sci-fi you could start here: http://conceptships.blogspot.co.uk/

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 10:43 AM   #3
TekNeek
Wait, whut?

Send a message via MSN to TekNeek Send a message via Skype™ to TekNeek
--Here's-- a really nice one for creatures and stuff.

--Showreel--
TekNeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #4
El Hacedor

Thumbs up

I checked it out. Really cool websites. Thanks !
El Hacedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
grafiker

The Craeturespot website is pretty cool. I can use that as well
grafiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2012, 04:07 AM   #6
bushmaster

Hello. I think you need to get a grip. Take a seat for a while and really think about what subject matter interest you most. Its critical that you figure that out by the way...It is really easy to lose interest in a project that may seem exciting at first. Its happened to me many times. The thing is to stay motivated on your subject and dont let much time pass by before you work on the same project again. If you start a project and work on it for a week. then not work on it for a month. You will not have that same drive you did at the beginning of the project.

Once you have decided on a project. take your time and enjoy it. If you get stuck on something. Go online and use your online tools. There's probably a tutorial for every single issue you may have with modeling, texturing, lighting. There is also your peers on the cg forums who will encourage you and give you critique.

you have to stay focused on your project. If you need to disconnect your internet cable and remove any other models that might distract you. then do it. Otherwise 3d may not be for you. 3d projects take time.

I hope that helps. Basically what it all boils down to is being motivated and excited about your art subject matter. Take your time with your project. And most importantly put your mind and soul into it and have fun. be happy and dont worry about what others think of your work.

something to think about..
Michael Angelo Di vinci was not a badass when he started his art career.
bushmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-06-2012, 08:00 PM   #7
Deo85

I have been there several times El Hacedor I lost most of my old pieces due to hard drive crashes and this just devastated my push for my portfolio. I got to say if you cant find your self lost in 3D for hours on end then maybe this is not the career for you?

I had to question my self this some time back if 3D rly was the place for me or if I should just try and find another field to try and break into. In the end I decided I wanted to model this: http://privateerpress.com/hordes/gal...beasts/war-hog

If I could not model it and have fun then I need to find something ells to do with my life because being in IT Customer support is not what I want to do for the rest of my life by a long stretch at all. So fare any night I work on the project I just get lost in time and love what I see by the end of the night. In 4 days I have gotten this fare: http://privateerpressforums.com/show...-Deo85-3D-Shop

In the end ask your self "what things do you love to look at?" write it down everything that comes to mind on a sheet of paper in 20 sec and use this as a leaping point to what you want to spend your time on perfecting.

Looking at masters that are amazing modelers should not make me want to quit my art they should inspire me to drive harder and learn more so some day I can be better. Let ppl inspire you not derail you.
Deo85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 07:10 AM   #8
Stryker

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 1
Check this great gallery - http://increateble.com/
www.dtuts.com - CG Tutorials
Stryker is offline   Reply With Quote