>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Help, Advice and Chat > Modelling, Lighting & Rendering Help
bottom-table-gradient

Old 19-11-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Fibix

Fibix Introduction

Hello,

We would like to introduce you an amazing tool for 3D real-time interactive visualisations. You can try it and download it for FREE. Let's see our new web page: http://fibix.eu/

Here is one of our presentations created in Fibix Editor: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oV0QbJ41bik&feature=plcp
Please note that all this was rendered on the run. No wating for hours or days for rendering.

Thank you very much for your support!

Fibix Team
Fibix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-2012, 11:27 PM   #2
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
I'm actually quite impressed. Looks like a decent renderer for sure.

Straight question though...
Why would I choose this over UDK for visualization?

I'm not trolling, I'd just like to see where you guys are coming from

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
Fibix

Hello poopipe and amile,

as amile said, real-time rendering is surely one reason you should choose Fibix for. Another one we would like to point out is low difficulty of usage of our tools and relatively shallow learning curve. Also there is price difference between Fibix and UDK worth considering.

Your interest make us happy, Thank you for it.

Fibix Team
Old 21-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #4
Perversonality
Nick/Spud/Spudmonkey

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: or Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge '035 - Turn On & Tune In' 
Total Awards: 8
UDK is industry standard, real time and is free, so I'm not sure what your advantages are? Perhaps you could go into some more detail?

My physical model shop: Buy my crap
Perversonality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #5
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
looks interesting, but i would like to add a question too poopipe's question: using fibix for product and arch viz and showcasing game assets what is/are fibix's advantages over unity,marmoset and gpu rendering???
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
poopipe
conscientious objector

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: too much free time Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: he finished The Golden Grenade III: For participating in the Dominance War III and successfully finishing, well done soldier! - Issue reason: I finished Dominance War 3 Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence at Low Poly Art - Well Done! 
Total Awards: 9
udk is pretty awkward to use ill grant but as pervy says its free and well documented.

if fibix meant i could easily export shader settings, didn't need to bake lightmaps and came with effective outdoor lighting presets as well as basic(easy) animation capabilities id seriously consider it for previz/archvis use.

marmoset is no real use for archvis as it doesn't allow walkarounds and udk requires a heavy investment in time to get things to look nice.

http://johnsarthole.blogspot.com/
poopipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2012, 10:03 PM   #7
Fibix

Hi guys,

Thanks for your feedback. We appreciate it very much.

UDK is complicated and it takes a lot of time to learn. Fibix user can do a nice scene in few hours without extensive experience with similar software. That is hard to do with UDK. Unity is not best choice for architectural visualizations. And there is limited usage of it due to its script. We offer Full Code SDK of our 3D Engine!

Marmoset will allow you only to present models, not animated complex visualization.

Poopipe, I am very sorry to say but we have not implemented Global Illumination yet and shader support from third party software is limited. We have easy to use animation and Interactions. Though your point was seriously taken and we plan on adding features you mentioned into our future releases.

As advantage Fibix Editor is the best instrument for 3D Real-Time Interactive visualizations. You can import your scene very easily, then set materials up, lit up the scene and export it as walk/flythrough directly to client or for breathtaking promo presentation on big screen!!

We are looking forward to your next feedback.

Fibix Team