>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > The Creative Ones > 3D - 'Work In Progress - Inorganic models/scenes'
bottom-table-gradient

Old 08-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #346
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 9
Ok well here's an updated version of the coffee cup, i'm calling this one done for now, i've reduced the rainforest green logo bump, added in some coffee beans! which i'm very very happy about as i think they look great and fixed the cup lid area I'm working on something to do with hot/cold........ frost/ice/snow shaders are really hard though!

Note: the coffee beans are just one bean, then i've used a displacer using the noise channel to give it a more organic shape and then added some bump and some noise into the reflection channel to give uneven specular/reflections, then all beans are grouped in a null and smoothed.

Twitter
ClassicGamer-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 07:48 PM   #347
McFly
Monogon

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 10
Excellent.

My WIP dump
McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatMcFly! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (08-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 03:14 PM   #348
Tuss4
UNCH UNH Yehhh....

Send a message via AIM to Tuss4
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! 
Total Awards: 2
You just get better and better, man!

.:|my Fairlady Z W. I. P.|:.

Check out my blog click on my sig!

Tuss4 is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatTuss4! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 03:27 PM   #349
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Send a message via MSN to ClassicGamer-3DT Send a message via Yahoo to ClassicGamer-3DT
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: ontributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Because Tom plastered my ugly face promoting the new navy look 3DTotal T-Shirt Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! 
Thank you very much guys that means alot.

Trying to prep for the next SMC but not sure what yet, got it down to a couple of new ones but both could work for the PMC too.... ahhh decisions decisions...... also won't have chance to do anything after tonight as due in Physio tommorrow, but will have most of the day Friday.
Twitter
Old 09-01-2013, 07:13 PM   #350
pavolsvk

Send a message via Skype™ to pavolsvk
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Gold: Winner of a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: Winning Stylized Challenge! Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: second place in the Stylised Challenge Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 14
Nice cups CG, calming lighting
pavolsvk is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatpavolsvk! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (09-01-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 02:34 PM   #351
eydi
Freelancer Illustrator

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts 
Wonderful render
ClassicGamer-3DT (10-01-2013)
Old 10-01-2013, 09:14 PM   #352
xtrm3d
polygon herder

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
very nice light on those cofee cup ..
xtrm3d is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatxtrm3d! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (11-01-2013)
Old 11-01-2013, 09:45 AM   #353
paulius-st

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Digital Painting - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed painting challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 16
looks great. i have only two crits - cups top has the same material as cup and these beens - they look likethey are sticked with glue - spread them onthe surface and this would make this image more realistic.
but without a doubt - its another great peace from you
ceep it up
paulius-st is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatpaulius-st! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (11-01-2013)
Old 17-01-2013, 11:21 PM   #354
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Something new....

Something new from me again, I started this about 8pm tonight just as something to model, then it grew a little into a ittle product placement style scene. I started off with the logo first in photoshop.... everything apart from the green field has been made from scratch in photoshop, including the GDA (Guideline Daily Allowance) info etc.

I like making product placement or studio lit images, I also enjoy making my own artwork from products

Here's the full resolution artwork for the lid and the base stickers that feature on the butter tub/container itself.... the artwork is alot bigger than shown here, about 3000x1500 in fact but there's a limit in file sizes to show them actual size. There are so artefacts in the clay and render but that's just the GI solution on a lower setting to render it out quicker, if this was for print/client etc that would be sett higher to reduce or indeed remove any and all splotches.

Lid Top Sticker

Base Container Sticker

Studio Renders, Clays & Wires

I'm rather pleased with the outcome.
Twitter
Old 17-01-2013, 11:47 PM   #355
Kage
Perfectionist...

Send a message via MSN to Kage
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: ''The Z-5500 Speaker system'' was featured on the frontpage! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge 
Total Awards: 5
Your shaders have really improved!
The last two especially have really turned out good

Finished Projects:
Z-5500 Speaker Set
Xbox 360S
Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatKage! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (18-01-2013)
Old 18-01-2013, 12:02 AM   #356
rocneasta

Send a message via ICQ to rocneasta Send a message via MSN to rocneasta Send a message via Yahoo to rocneasta Send a message via Skype™ to rocneasta
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Photo-Real modelling - Gold!: Best model in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: Best model in the photo real challenge Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason:  Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Silver!: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 2nd Place in the photo real challenge Photo-Real modelling - Bronze!: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge - Issue reason: 3rd Place in the photo real challenge Stylized Challenge - Bronze: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a stylized challenge! Low Poly Game Art - Bronze: 3rd place in a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: evolution Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge  Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of SMC #89 Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Gold: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: Winner of a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge sms #40 Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! Speed Modelling - Bronze: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: 3rd place in a speed modelling challenge! 
Total Awards: 33
dozed off on the keyboard, didn't see you uploaded the render... Nice logo

rocneasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Greatrocneasta! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (18-01-2013)
Old 19-01-2013, 11:12 AM   #357
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Just something else I did yesterday, playing with the infographics style, this could be done alot better but just a test really.

Twitter
Old 19-01-2013, 09:15 PM   #358
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Trying my hand at some organics modelling at the moment, i'm realising just how bad I am at this kind of thing.
Twitter
Old 19-01-2013, 10:35 PM   #359
RogerP
Your Cuban Daddy

Send a message via Skype™ to RogerP
Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: sea creature Stylized Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in a stylized challenge! - Issue reason: dragons Low Poly Game Art - Gold: Winner of a low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Avenger Mash Up Low Poly Game Art - Silver: 2nd place in low poly challenge! - Issue reason: Mug Shot 
Total Awards: 7
practice makes perfect

SKETCHES & WIPs
RogerP is offline   Reply With Quote
GreatRogerP! Thank you:
ClassicGamer-3DT (21-01-2013)
Old 21-01-2013, 05:09 AM   #360
ClassicGamer-3DT
Reliable Moderator

Awards Showcase
Another studio shot....

Here's another studio style shot i've worked on today, I really like the simplicity of the render. I'm really happy with the way the bottles turned out and will try other bottles with this studio i've created I may play with water droplets and condensation etc but 90% of studio lit adverts for water i've seen are dry bottles.

Twitter
GreatClassicGamer-3DT! Thank you:
Kage (21-01-2013)