>: CG Forums on 3dtotal - The best forums for CG artists :.
threedy forums home

top-table-gradient
Go Back   3DTotal Forums > Archives > Archives > Challenge Archives > Myths and Legends - Nov 2009 > Sculpting - "Creature of Legend"
bottom-table-gradient

Old 30-11-2009, 02:47 PM   #271
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
Total Awards: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by polysmooth View Post
Quick question....
Freespace-3dT- I just realized I didn't include a basemesh with
my final sub..Can i still post cause I dont see where I can edit my
final?
Hey, no problem man. Make sure to edit your post before the deadline. You can edit your post with the "Edit" button to the low-right side of your post.

If this doesn't work for you, make another post with everything in it, and I'll clean up your older post from the thread.

StarCraft: Final Metamorphosis (Final 7.5 Minute CG Animation)

Speed Factor 2 (23-NOV-2010)

Demo Reel 2010 (1-OCT-2010)

StarCraft: First Contact (08-JUL-2009)

Freespace-3DT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 02:52 PM   #272
polysmooth

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: My current DWIV entry was linked to the frontpage The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason:  Digital Painting - Silver: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd place in a speed painting challenge ''Anime Style'' 
Total Awards: 6
Talking Thanks!

Freespace-3DT- Sweeeet! Thanks
Old 30-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #273
bryzol
Konrad Kielczykowski

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Sculpting Challenge - Gold: Winner of The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #8 - 1st Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: THE Sculpting Challenge #5 - 3rd Place The Sculpting Challenge - Bronze: 3rd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: I was second place in the Lost Jungle Sculpting Challenge (Amazon Warrior)Challenge. 
Total Awards: 4
Have anyone tryed to export for printing from zb3.5r3?? I have a lot of problems with that and probably I won't be able to to do it on time :/ I'm having 1K files that are useless
bryzol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 05:22 PM   #274
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
The Ultimate 3DTotal Award!: Only available in Platinum, given to select few for incredible service to the community. - Issue reason: Continued service to the threedy community throughout! Very well deserved. Threedy Top Poster - Platinum: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts - Issue reason: Contributing to the forums with 5,000+ posts. Threedy Top Poster - Gold: Contributing to the forums with 2,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Silver: Contributing to the forums with 1,000+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For coming up with a cool logo suggestion! Thumbs up!:  - Issue reason: For doing a great job in helping out! Speed Animation - Gold: Winner of a speed animation challenge! - Issue reason: For Excellence in Speed Animation Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason: For winning second place in the SMC Mix Me Up One More Time. 
bryzol, try checking out some of these tips:

http://www.shapeways.com/upload/
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/errors
http://www.shapeways.com/tutorials/c...h-accutrans-3d

Old 30-11-2009, 05:34 PM   #275
Vindic88

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
Total Awards: 1
hi there, i've tried to upload my model to shapeways, a couple of times now.. i manage to get the stl file out of zbrush, but shapeways email robot keeps rejecting my model... so i've attatched the file to an email, for them to further investigate the problem...

If anybody else are having the same problem please let me know..
Vindic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #276
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
You did good, Vindic88. Let's see what their support service says about this.

Old 30-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #277
Vindic88

Awards Showcase
The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! 
I Know it's not really a print friendly model, due to the chains and the ballance of the creature but il return when i hear from them...
Vindic88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 07:07 PM   #278
scottimation

I had them reject my model a couple of times, and it was due to polycount. I had to use decimation master to get it down below 500,000 polygons, before 3d print export, which turned out to be just over 250,000 points in Zbrush.
scottimation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 08:11 PM   #279
Maxter1

Awards Showcase
Threedy Top Poster - Bronze: Contributing to the forums with 100+ posts - Issue reason: Target reached! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Art work was linked from the frontpage! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Golden Eye: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of either forums or 3DTotal.com - Issue reason: Producing art worthy of being linked from the frontpage of the forums! The Sculpting Challenge - Silver: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! - Issue reason: 2nd Place in The Sculpting Challenge! 
Total Awards: 6
Cool sculpts guys. Here's my final...
...and good luck all!
Attached Images

Maxter1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-2009, 08:39 PM   #280
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
Alright, just a couple of hours left. Everyone make sure your entries are in order.

Wait till you see what we've got in store for you with the December challenge.

Old 30-11-2009, 11:53 PM   #281
RZC

I was late!
Just saw this topic yesterday! But next I will definitely participate!
RZC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 AM   #282
divi

Awards Showcase
Speed Modelling - Silver: 2nd place in a speed modelling challenge! - Issue reason:  
some really amazing stuff in here.
divi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:55 AM   #283
Freespace-3DT
Commando Moderator

Awards Showcase
RZC: Sorry you didn't notice the challenge until the very last day. But there's a new one starting today.

divi: Yes there is. We've got talented people here.